• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

THU, SEP 12
NY Jets at New England

SUN, SEP 15
St. Louis at Atlanta
Carolina at Buffalo
Minnesota at Chicago
Washington at Green Bay
Miami at Indianapolis (ugh i want it)
Dallas at Kansas City
Cleveland at Baltimore
Tennessee at Houston
San Diego at Philadelphia
Detroit at Arizona
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Denver at NY Giants
Jacksonville at Oakland
San Francisco at Seattle

MON, SEP 16
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

TITAN UP

Paul Kuharsky ‏@PaulKuharskyNFL 2h
Jurrell Casey on #Titans vs. #Texans: "We're going to go out there and make sure we put our foot up their (butt).Sorry about the cuss word."

Thanks for the bulletin board material. Stupid palyers just like their owner, don't know when to shut up

MechDX

briancushingapid117779858805.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Last year week 2 got 13,245 posts which I assume is the record for week 2 threads as well. I assume all the weekly record happened last year. I feel like basically no thread was under 10k posts unless i remember incorrectly

Prince likely out with Big brother coming to town, :((((( 4th quarter Eli better show up from the first quarter otherwise we be fucked...

cajunator

Banned
I'm still salty as fuck right now...

Saints/Falcons games are always close.
I hate the Falcons to death obviously but I still respect your team as very dangerous.
Am I glad we got past that game with a win? Hell yeah. I fully expect the Saints to lose the other one though.

I like the Dolphins' chances against the Colts. If the offense can get going early they should be able to abuse that defense and the d-line will be in Luck's grill all day long. I think it'll be close but the Dolphins could surprise some people.

Miguel

If you can eliminate the first 5 seconds of the game, Schaub played his ass off. One of the best games he's played, looked pretty sharp, has some more zip on the ball than usual. Owen Daniels also must have found him some deer antler spray because it's been 2 years since he looked like this.

Keo_Shiloh.jpg

Norichan Shiloh is your god now!
:jnc I can't believe the fake punt.

very enjoyable hearing dilfer deflate like he did towards the end of the texans game
Pretty sure Berman had a stroke during the Cush TAINT

original.gif

BY GAWD!!! THATS A TAINT!!
Speaking of... YES. The Texans were considerably different last year without Cush. They looked like world beaters (Minus the 4th against Manning) until the end of the Jets game, then it was all smoke and mirrors after that.

Just let it happen San Diego. Don't fight it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Very important week in the AFC North.

Two teams will be 1-1 while the other two will be 0-2. I hope the Browns are one of the 1-1 teams!

GO BROWNS!

Very important week in the AFC North.

Two teams will be 1-1 while the other two will be 0-2. I hope the Browns are one of the 1-1 teams!

GO BROWNS!
I'm so glad I can pull for the Browns the rest of the season (other than the AFC Championship rematch obviously). That week one game was stressful.

TRENT TRUCK!

How many Arizona linemen will Suh injure this week? I have no idea. But without Cooper, Detroit is going to feast on that O-line
but give Palmer just enough time to chuck and pray to Larry!

Saw the score of the Chargers game this morning so I looked through some of the week 1 thread. Somewhere around 1am ET there was a plea for the Chargers to please not choke.

:jnc

I wonder how Norv reacted when he saw it.

Steelers go 0-2 this week and there will be several gifable derps. Clowning for Clowney early.

What were your thoughts on the Phins run game Sunday?
My thoughts were, "man, I sure hope the Browns run D is the best of all time, otherwise Tannehill better get ready to pass 50 times a game."

Seriously, it was unbelievably bad. It was the perfect combination of bad run blocking, vanilla play-calling, and shaky running backs. It's too early for me to get too concerned but if Lamar Miller doesn't have at least 60 yards or so against the Colts I'm going to start doubting that he's the answer at RB.

That said, Browns' front seven is great and very underrated. You guys will give a lot of teams trouble with run stopping and pressure on the QB this year, I'd imagine. The Dolphins o-line is average at best though, so it'll take a few more games to really know what's what.

Bounce back week!

THU, SEP 12
NY Jets at New England

SUN, SEP 15
Early
St. Louis at Atlanta
Carolina at Buffalo
Minnesota at Chicago
Washington at Green Bay
Miami at Indianapolis
Dallas at Kansas City
Cleveland at Baltimore
Tennessee at Houston
San Diego at Philadelphia
Late
Detroit at Arizona
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Denver at NY Giants
Jacksonville at Oakland
Night
San Francisco at Seattle

MON, SEP 16
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Let's keep that Cowboys train rolling. I don't know why I didn't buy tickets to the game when they're playing the Chiefs 4 hours away from me in KC.

Cameron Wake had one of the highest overall grades in the league for 4-3 DEs this week. Did well against the run, but was unstoppable rushing the passer. Wake had 10 total pressures (3 sacks, 2 hits, 5 hurries).
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...salguero-pff-look-back-at-cleveland-tape.html

Bringing in Wake is the best thing Ireland has ever done for this team.

EDIT:

Wallace said this afternoon that he was upset at his own performance.

“I was mad at myself because I didn’t have a good game,” Wallace said.

Wallace said he was happy that his teammates did well but that wins don’t excite him.

“I’m always happy to win but that’s what we play for, to win,” Wallace said. “I expect to win. I don’t get overly excited when we win because every time we step on the field that’s what I’m there for. If you see us win or you see us lose I’m not going to be jumping around either way.”
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...ng-after-philbin-sherman-defend-mike-wallace/

Oh, man. On the one hand I'm glad he is excited to compete and isn't happy with just getting paid to do nothing, but it's obvious with these statements that he cares more about his performance than whether or not the team wins which is not good. Expected, but not good.

One more nugget:

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...ng-after-philbin-sherman-defend-mike-wallace/

On abandoning the run, Sherman chuckled and said “I think Coach Philbin is certainly of that mindset, I haven’t quite reached that mindset yet. I have to be able to hand the ball off once in a while to eat up some clock time and to say ‘hey we’re still going to run the football.’ But I think Coach Philbin could possibly convince me otherwise.”
Philbin doesn't even want to run, lol. Same old Philbin, I suppose!

Bowser

THU, SEP 12
NY Jets at New England

SUN, SEP 15
Early
St. Louis at Atlanta
Carolina at Buffalo
Minnesota at Chicago
Washington at Green Bay
Miami at Indianapolis
Dallas at Kansas City
Cleveland at Baltimore