• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanHuk

Banned
Lessgo Raiders!! Most important game of the week for the Clown to Drown for Clowney sweepstake. Jags have demonstrated they want to lose out by playing Chad Henne over Lame Gabbert.

Sunday was only the 6th time in his 57 starts with the Bears that Jay Cutler wasn't sacked. I'm honestly surprised the number is that high.

Matugi

I'm not worried about the Redskins. RG3 was certainly rusty and the rest of the team failed to do anything to help him. Needed a running game in the worst way. He looked razor sharp in the fourth quarter, though, and seemed to finally get his timing and rhythm down. I'd be shocked if he played as poorly as he did in the first half next week against the Packers. A running game would have helped, but alas the Redskins nearly came back without the read option or a running game of any sort, and were a dropped Leonard Hankerson pass away from potentially snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat.

Sam Ponder is hot
The Browns will stick with Oniel Cousins as their right guard for Sunday's game against the Ravens.
Cousins played so poorly against the Dolphins in Week 1 that he deserved to get benched. The problem is the Browns have no depth with Shawn Lauvao (ankle) sidelined and Jason Pinkston (ankle) on short-term IR. Cousins is going to get embarrassed in Week 2 by Haloti Ngata and friends. He committed four penalties in Week 1.
:D

brentech

Want to see a couple Lacy screens this week!

ibzvWQe9jMIze3.gif

Also, don't run just to run it, use the pass to open the run. We clearly can't run to pass.

effzee

I've come crashing back down to earth.

SD is going to come in super pissed after the way they lost and devour the Eagles.

Ouch. The right side of that line got completely and totally abused on Sunday. If the Browns can establish the running game a little more I think they'll be alright, though. They got way too one dimensional against the Phins so eventually the d-line was just gunning for Weeden on every play.

So is Cousins a backup to begin with who only started because of injuries?

THU, SEP 12
NY Jets at New England

SUN, SEP 15
Early
St. Louis at Atlanta
Carolina at Buffalo
Minnesota at Chicago
Washington at Green Bay
Miami at Indianapolis
Dallas at Kansas City
Cleveland at Baltimore
Tennessee at Houston
San Diego at Philadelphia
Late
Detroit at Arizona
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Denver at NY Giants
Jacksonville at Oakland
Night
San Francisco at Seattle

MON, SEP 16
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Milchjon

Spending all day playing football and shooting an air rifle off a porch at a lakeside countryhouse.

Feeling almost American now.

Ouch. The right side of that line got completely and totally abused on Sunday. If the Browns can establish the running game a little more I think they'll be alright, though. They got way too one dimensional against the Phins so eventually the d-line was just gunning for Weeden on every play.

So is Cousins a backup to begin with who only started because of injuries?
We're pretty low at guard right now, Lauvao and Jason Pinkston were battling for the starting spot but both are hurt right now

bionic77

No better way to right the ship than having Brandon Weedon and his Grandkids come to town.
What are the odds that the North remains winless this week seeing as how we are all playing each other at the same time?

I would peg it at 30%. Our division was putrid week one and the possibility of two ties exists.

What a fucking horrible way for the Steelers to start the season. I am really interested to see how our coaches adjust to having lost our center in the first minute of the season. I give them a pass for not being able to adjust in that game (we just didn't have a real backup for the position). But now they have 8 days to fix it. Titans age what can you guys tell me about Fernando Velasco? He is really secretly a pro bowler who never gets injured right? Right? Where did those guys go.

Also, thanks to Fantomax for helping me secure a transformers toy at the age of 35. I don't think I have ever seen my wife so disappointed in me when she saw what I was opening! That was the one bright light to a shitty week.

Lets see if the Steelers can recover against the Bungles this Monday. I am pretty sure God is punishing us for not taking Tebow when we had the chance. No way we suffer all that misfortune with Tebow on the team. If the Rooneys read this board its not too late! Sign him up today!

Talon

Also, thanks to Fantomax for helping me secure a transformers toy at the age of 35. I don't think I have ever seen my wife so disappointed in me when she saw what I was opening! That was the one bright light to a shitty week.
This is amazing.

Prince likely out with Big brother coming to town, :((((( 4th
Nope:

@art_stapleton: I'm told expectation is #NYG CB Prince Amukamara (concussion) will be cleared 2 play vs. Broncos.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we win. Fuck it. Nothing to lose, in danger of going 0-2 and we tend to get up for big games against contenders.

I'm also horrible at predicting these things so take that with a grain of salt.:D

Welcome to grown man nerdom. It's nice here.

Talon

I normally don't do stuff like this, but that Soundwave was just too cool.

He is the only cool thing (depending on how you define cool) in my office!
I hope the partners don't ask you to move that thing when a client is coming in to the office.

xnipx

I think the eagles should have kept their pace regardless of the lead. It would have only gotten bigger. Playing to run out the clock just because you have a big lead with an offense built on a speed tempo was a recipe for disaster. Hopefully Chip learned his lesson.

Godslay

Banned
Nope:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we win. Fuck it. Nothing to lose, in danger of going 0-2 and we tend to get up for big games against contenders.

I'm also horrible at predicting these things so take that with a grain of salt.:D

Welcome to grown man nerdom. It's nice here.

Possible. I never doubt Eli.

WEEK 2 Schedule

THU, SEP 12
NY Jets at New England-This has a different flavor than the Thanskgiving Massacre, but I expect the same result. NE big.

SUN, SEP 15
Early
St. Louis at Atlanta-FtF but they bounce back from a tough opening loss
Minnesota at Chicago-The Mighty Peterson isn't enough against Chicago on the road
Washington at Green Bay- Which contender starts 0-2?
Miami at Indianapolis- Upset Special, Indy outside of Luck doesn't all that hot.
Dallas at Kansas City-I hear the lifelongs coming
Cleveland at Baltimore-Fortunately for the Ravens, Manning's grandma is better than Weeden. (Probably younger too)
Tennessee at Houston-WATT WATT WATT WATT
San Diego at Philadelphia-Eagles keep flying high
Late
Detroit at Arizona-Gr8tes Sho on Trf II
New Orleans at Tampa Bay-Payton's return instantly brings the Saints back to the
Denver at NY Giants- Manning > Manning
Jacksonville at Oakland- CLOWNEY BOWL, no matter who wins everybody loses
Night
San Francisco at Seattle- Fran looked more impressive opening week than Seattle, but Qwest will be rocking. Seahawks are too much at home.

MON, SEP 16
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati-Steelers are looking flabby and sick

------------------------------
Carolina at Buffalo-

This is a must win, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Richardson is loyal (to a fault) but he's not going to let this team get off to another terrible start without making changes. This week was yet another game that they had no business letting go, but threw it away. Rivera literally shitting himself at the thought of making big decisions, Shula being afraid of throwing the ball past ten yards (Why the fuck do you let TED GINN MOTHERFUCKING JR. play WR if you're not going to use him as a deep threat), Olsen developing dropsies at the worst possible time, boneheaded penalties (How exactly does one get called for the same exact damn penalty on consecutive punts, Armond Smith?), the secondary being who we thought they were (ASS), and DeAngelo Williams effectively ending the game by putting the ball on the turf. The "bad team" mentality that's permeated this team for the past two years was still there on display Sunday. Winners find ways to win, losers try their absolute damnedest to lose. That's the way the team has been under Rivera. This team better shapen up real quick, starting with beating a Buffalo team that they should beat, or shoes will start dropping. Lose this game and Rivera might not make it to October.
------------------------------

Colasante

That'd be such a Giants thing to do. We're all rooting for you. Not many teams will pose a threat against Broncos going 16-0 this season.

Smokey

Nori I hope you feel bad this morning. So much hope in your eyes. Then it was all taken away by Schaub da gawd in the 2nd half. It's what happens when you keep referring to the MVP as my father. Karma.. Or just the SD Chargers not sure yet

Colasante

Hahaha. I don't think so.

Maybe not, but I think by the end of the season we'll see that the Ravens were one of the best defenses the Broncos played against. Raiders, Jaguars, Colts, Redskins, Chargers, Patriots, Texans... Manning's going to streamroll the competition.

Godslay

Banned
Maybe not, but I think by the end of the season we'll see that the Ravens were one of the best defenses the Broncos played against. Raiders, Jaguars, Colts, Redskins, Chargers, Patriots, Texans... Manning's going to streamroll the competition.

Maybe. Any given Sunday is the right cliche. I fully believe it.

But he was right about GB's intentions. They did intend to resort to thuggery. Just like he was right about your DBs holding all the time. Speaking out against losers isn't shit talking

I like to think Berman is sobbing into his gallon of ice cream right now
How did they resort to "thuggery"? Clay made a late hit oob and a fracas insued. Every team in the nfl practices thuggery if this is the criteria.

Harbaugh comments were a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom