• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

I like Gata. He's like the kid in the neighborhood who is a few years younger, and desperately wants to be friends with us big kids. You know the one.

But everyone needs to stop shitting all over each new person that declares their allegiance. We must be scary as fuck.

image.php

Colasante

Amendola gonna Amendola.

I still can't believe the Pats gave him so much money, especially since it was in lieu of re-signing Welker. I understand that they wanted to move on from Wes, but they had to know what they were getting with Amendola. It's not like this is a shock to anyone.

I still believe Welker was their first choice at their price, but the thinking with Amendola was that he wouldn't be a better investment than Welker for 2013, but he would be for the next 5 years. They also tied up a lot of his money in playing time bonuses to protect for this sort of inevitable situation. I'm still in favor of the signing and at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is if he's available in the playoffs. But it sucks, no doubt about that. He's like the wide receiver version of Bob Sanders. All they need to hope for is for 2006 Sanders where he was healthy for the stretch run in the playoffs.

Striker

Connor to IR
Wasn't totally surprised since that burner was probably really severe. We all knew he had injury concerns, as does the rest of the Giants LB group, so it's a big blow. Herzlich stinks and there's no one else really good to qualify. Bradford sounds like a decent ST player. Now they'll just throw shit against the wall, see what sticks. Like RB, it was one position Reese wasn't putting much investment into this off-season and it's coming back to bite him.

It would be amazing if the Pats lost as it would eliminate hundreds of people in my survival league. I can't see the Jests winning but here's hoping!

Spinluck

Thanks for the thoughts, man.

Overall I think I'm right there with you. I think the game will be close and will most likely come down to a dumb turnover or two or maybe a game winning FG. I'll probably post more about the individual matchups closer to Sunday but overall I'd say the Dolphins match up fairly well in every area but QB, where Luck is clearly superior to Tanne. I also think you guys' receivers could give us issues, especially since a lot of Dolphins CB's are battling injuries right now. For instance, if Nolan Carroll is stuck guarding Hilton I will be terrified.

Overall I'm really excited about this game. The Dolphins and Colts strike me as teams in fairly similar situations (hopefully both heading up) and I love watching Luck play so I'm interested to see how the Dolphins D handles the test. On a more personal note, I really hope the Phins win because it would be a huge boost to Tanne's confidence. Not only would it be a little revenge for last season, it would also show him that he can really compete with Luck, the first QB taken in his draft class.

Should be a fun one!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game as well. I think you guys have the edge defensively, but yea, across the board it's close to equal except QB. I am expecting our TEs to have a pretty good games if they're healthy, and I'm hoping our defensive front can hold up. I'm not too concerned about or secondary, I think it's our strongest area defensively but there are still parts of the field we cannot cover for shit when in zone. Our pass rush was awful last week, so I'm expecting better play there this week. Pryor is mobile and all, but it was just poor all around especially since we were barely able to get any pressure even when blitzing. Even when we did, we never finished strong.

My biggest concerns is your D-line, and LBs. Wake should have no problem applying pressure (not sure how he's adapted to being a DE). We have some big O-line issues, and I think you guys will make pressuring Luck your biggest priority. It's gonna be a good game. I

(Second) Most insular group in Sports-GAF!

I dongivafuck biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

ArtMonkRules81

Hi! I'm new to GAF, but a big Skins fan. Can't wait for the season! HTTR

First five replies

"So, who were you a fan of before last season, Bandwagonning scum."

"Skins sick you dumb BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTCH!!!!!"

"Hi SNES"

"Hail to Bag of Dicks"

"Kill yourself"

JABEE

ArtMonkRules81

First five replies

"Hi SNES"

"Hail to Bag of Dicks"

"Kill yourself"
That Kave is promoting an insular community.

Greg

ArtMonkRules81

First five replies

"Hi SNES"

"Hail to Bag of Dicks"

"Kill yourself"
:jnc

RBH

gol15.jpg

A confident, comfortable Josh Freeman addressed the media Thursday after coach Greg Schiano revealed that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback had overslept and missed a team photo session last Monday.

"Basically I overslept," Freeman explained. "Point blank."

Freeman said the incident is something he feels "badly about" and it's "upsetting," but he's ready to move on from it. He insisted the missed photo session and other "fairly isolated" tardiness had nothing to do with losing his status as a team captain.

In fact, a convincing Freeman firmly believes he has the support of his teammates.

"I think Vincent Jackson deserves every bit of the captain spot," Freeman said. "I feel like the talk about me not being a captain kind of takes away from the honor of those guys being captains. Do I want to be captain? Yeah, sure. But it's not something that's going to make or break anyone."

Asked if he trusts Schiano, Freeman replied, "I do. Undoubtedly." The quarterback added that he has "100 percent confidence" that Schiano would not rig the ballot box on the captains' vote.

The most entertaining part of the press conference occurred when Freeman was asked if he was a part of Monday's players-only meeting, which was described by Andrew Economos as a "pep rally."

"Well, I certainly hope so," Freeman quipped.

The embattled quarterback kept his composure and acquitted himself well. It still won't change the perception that Schiano already has set the wheels in motion to go in a different direction if Freeman doesn't show marked improvement.

Since the end of last season, the Bucs have stated their intention to bring in competition at the position, refused to negotiate a new contract, drafted a big-armed quarterback in the third round and ripped the "C" off of Freeman's jersey.

No veteran quarterback is more in need of a serious momentum shift than Freeman. An upset victory in Sunday's home opener versus the New Orleans Saints would buy him some much-needed time and get his head coach off his back -- for a week.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...reeman-apologizes-for-missed-buccaneers-photo

Ya no

I'm in Rhode Island with a basic Cox cable package... will the game be aired locally? Or is it strictly NFL network

MechDX

I'm in Rhode Island with a basic Cox cable package... will the game be aired locally? Or is it strictly NFL network

I live in Houston and any Texans TNF games are broadcast locally. Just simulcast on a local channel

Are we friends on PSN?

I'm about to play some HSG if you want in.

Nope. PSN ID is DX53. Cant right now kids are playing Lego Star Wars

ChanHuk

Banned

NFL Network you biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch*

*Am I doing it right?

Fuck NBA and NHL GAF. They ain't got shit on on mascots Gata and that two timing feline Kave. Fuck you Kave, repent your sins and forget about NHL GAF.

Sudfield is out.
Gronkowski is out.
Amendola is out.
Vereen is out.

Edelman, Thompson, a number of JAGs...and Tom Brady. Jets have to figure out a way to keep this game close enough to win. They're not going to get a better chance to take one off of this team than tonight.

I've been agonizing over a decision all week. Tom Brady or Michael Vick in fantasy? Also have RG III but won't start him 'til he shows some consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom