• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
you motherfucker

i9unw6G8WGPGF.gif

Bah, I no longer have NFLN. I wanted to see if Geno could possibly top buttfumble on prime time.
The only play I can even conceive to top the butt fumble would be a crotch fumble. What makes butt fumble even harder to top is that besides the obvious hilarity that ensued, it resulted in a defensive TD.
Haha yeah, it's reputation fuelled. I get it. I don't play nice and I'm always going after the Pats.... or Niners (only because FMT bad talked Peyton a year ago) :)

Oh and I'm not cheering for anyone in this game now that I thought about it. It's the inferior NY team vs the cheaters.

I double checked that I had the right poster in mind when I read the comments of a few here and stumbled on your post for game setup thread. Is Vancouver that cheap? Or are you just rolling in dough? Not so much the equipment as much as that apartment seems like it'd be pretty fucking expensive.

Tabris

TI double checked that I had the right poster in mind when I read the comments of a few here and stumbled on your post for game setup thread. Is Vancouver that cheap? Or are you just rolling in dough? Not so much the equipment as much as that apartment seems like it'd be pretty fucking expensive.

I just bought an apartment I'm moving into (it will look cooler than my existing place). I don't know what you consider expensive, Vancouver is officially the highest cost of living in North America, but it's all relative.

Dragon

Banned
I completely forgot that there was a game tonight.

Let's all hope for a Patriot loss.

donovan-mcnabb-dancing-gif-o.gif

I just bought an apartment I'm moving into (it will look cooler than my existing place). I don't know what you consider expensive, Vancouver is officially the highest cost of living in North America, but it's all relative.

I paid 2150 per month for a 500 square foot place in UWS Manhattan. I highly doubt Vancouver is any worse than SF or NYC.

NFL games are just too damn expensive for most people.

Truth. I pay $9 a month for Redzone, why the fuck would I want to pay over $100 to go to a game?

I go when I get free tickets, or maybe once a year just to get out to the stadium, but I sure as hell am not buying season tickets.

Truth. I pay $9 a month for Redzone, why the fuck would I want to pay over $100 to go to a game?

I go when I get free tickets, or maybe once a year just to get out to the stadium, but I sure as hell am not buying season tickets.

Never been to a game. My pops was never really interested in going when I was in high school, and while at college in Pittsburgh...tickets were way too expensive for me to go see the team I don't care about. Now that I'm in Seattle and employed, I'll probably try to go to one game or so a year.

Tabris

I paid 2150 per month for a 500 square foot place in UWS Manhattan. I highly doubt Vancouver is any worse than SF or NYC.

I bought my 1 bedroom 700 sqft apartment for $499k. Apartments are cheaper than housing which sky rockets in Vancouver. But this is cost of living, not just housing costs. NYC and SF are very expensive near their downtowns / Manhatten but it becomes quite cheap going outward. It's also fairly cheap for food, gas, etc compared to Vancouver.

Here's the source to back up my statement:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/0...pensive-city-to-live-economist_n_2631806.html

Colasante

Zach Sudfeld is out tonight too. I was hoping he'd be able to redeem himself for last week. Instead, the only tight ends will be Hoo Man and Matthew Mulligan, with fullback James Develin too. Rough.

Dukey

Banned
Zach Sudfeld is out tonight too. I was hoping he'd be able to redeem himself for last week. Instead, the only tight ends will be Hoo Man and Matthew Mulligan, with fullback James Develin too. Rough.

Wes Welker-lite is going to get quadruple-teamed.

Never been to a game. My pops was never really interested in going when I was in high school, and while at college in Pittsburgh...tickets were way too expensive for me to go see the team I don't care about. Now that I'm in Seattle and employed, I'll probably try to go to one game or so a year.

When I was a kid, my dad used to get free tickets through his work. That guaranteed us at least one game a year. And in some of the years the Chiefs sucked, a lot of the employees didn't even care to take the free tickets, so we would end up getting tickets for 2 or 3 games.

I feel like I'm gonna have to take my 2 daughters to a game once a year when they're old enough, but it seems damn hard to justify it these days with high ticket prices and glorious HDTV broadcasts from home.

I namely noted that the view out your window looks like you're inter-city which always hikes the price up and the room seemed reasonably spacious. I've seen ridiculous rates for NY apartments smaller than my living room and was curious how Vancouver's cost of living compared to NY or LA. I see your response post to another poster regarding this very same thing. I wonder what the average salary is in Vancouver.

No, not really. Team plays completely differently at home, and I think Mike Smith has only lost back-to-back games once in his five years here. We always seem to bounce back strong to losses.

The right side of the offensive line is the only thing I'm worried about. One of those sacks last week was when we left Tony on an island to block Jordan, which is just flat-out stupid. And, honestly, it's not like Reynolds hasn't played extensively at RG over the past two seasons.

Looking at the matchup, I'm interested to see how Ogletree and that neonazi from Ohio State does against Tony. Ogletree has nice closing speed, and I think Tony will have to do more of his damage from the hash to sideline.

Decoud had a pretty bad game last week. Moore and Decoud will have to step up if Cook is looking to get open in the middle of the field.

I'm more worried about Roddy and Asante getting healthy. Although the corners played better than I expected. I was more impressed by Peters having a hell of a game last week.

Honestly, last week played out exactly like last year's game in New Orleans. Almost exact same spot of the ball as well for those last four plays. I'm not really worried about losing against a divisional rival in New Orleans with Payton coming back and the fans all rowdy on opening day. This whole bullshit of "Saints Defense makes them division favorites" is bull after one weekend. You'd think they held us to 3 field goals or something.

Agreed. I thought Baker actually struggled as much as Holmes did against the Saints.

O-Line takes time to gel and communicate with each other, you can unfortunately only do that through reps.

Ryan and Brees had almost the exact same numbers yet the Saints defense is so much better. I don't get it.

I like Gata. He's like the kid in the neighborhood who is a few years younger, and desperately wants to be friends with us big kids. You know the one.

But everyone needs to stop shitting all over each new person that declares their allegiance. We must be scary as fuck.

mkenyon

Banned
Had Hawks season tickets since 2004. Going to games is an amazing experience that can't even be compared to watching at home. With the Hawks, it's far less about watching the game than it is participating in the game, as well as experiencing it with 67,000 fans.

JABEE

Can't believe you people are bandwagoning the Jets already. Smh.
There is no Jets bandwagon. There are just haters of crime and villainy. People with a goal to protect our country from an organization that has distorted our vision of what accomplishment is in this country.

JABEE

I like Gata. He's like the kid in the neighborhood who is a few years younger, and desperately wants to be friends with us big kids. You know the one.

But everyone needs to stop shitting all over each new person that declares their allegiance. We must be scary as fuck.
Yeah. Patriots fans have a right to post on here, no matter how disgusting the organization they root for is.

jakncoke

Banned
Tonight game like most Thursday contest there will be a bunch of us posting and by the end of the 1st quarter nearly all will be bored beyond death of the terrible matchup and stop posting and have gone to sleep or done something more interesting

Colasante

Ian Rappaport reported on NFL Network that the Patriots are hopeful Gronk can return in week 3, and should definitely be back by week 4. Also, Danny Amendola is expected to miss 2-6 weeks. So... fuck.

Narag

Tonight game like most Thursday contest there will be a bunch of us posting and by the end of the 1st quarter nearly all will be bored beyond death of the terrible matchup and stop posting and have gone to sleep or done something more interesting

I remember some Bengals MNF game a few years back only had a couple hundred posts because no one cared enough to watch!

(Second) Most insular group in Sports-GAF!

I dongivafuck biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

BigAT

Ian Rappaport reported on NFL Network that the Patriots are hopeful Gronk can return in week 3, and should definitely be back by week 4. Also, Danny Amendola is expected to miss 2-6 weeks. So... fuck.

Amendola gonna Amendola.

I still can't believe the Pats gave him so much money, especially since it was in lieu of re-signing Welker. I understand that they wanted to move on from Wes, but they had to know what they were getting with Amendola. It's not like this is a shock to anyone.

Godslay

Banned
Looks like the Broncos first QB and the first #18, Frank Tripucka died today. Pretty cool that Peyton asked to use his number when he first came here, and Tripucka granted it.

The guy won the first Broncos game, a 13-10 victory over the Boston Patriots. Good man!

Repost for Red

I am not too high on us at the moment. We still have a ton of problems lingering from last year. The game last year came down to a couple of plays, and could have easily went either way. Especially the Phins D bailing Luck out with I think 2 dropped INTs. Our reason for success last week really goes to Luck and the running game, which was actually pretty consistent last week. It was nothing amazing though, just enough to move the chains. Gave the offense some pretty opportunities, and a bit of confidence in play calling.

The Phins D looked pretty good up against the run last week, and really rattled Weeden. I know it's the Browns offense and all, but our O-line didn't look any better the 2nd half of last week. I think the you guys will keep it close, and I honestly can't call
this one. The Phins D looks better, I'm not to sure about your offense, but I know for sure they can contest or best our D. Think it comes down to a drive just like our last game.
Thanks for the thoughts, man.

Overall I think I'm right there with you. I think the game will be close and will most likely come down to a dumb turnover or two or maybe a game winning FG. I'll probably post more about the individual matchups closer to Sunday but overall I'd say the Dolphins match up fairly well in every area but QB, where Luck is clearly superior to Tanne. I also think you guys' receivers could give us issues, especially since a lot of Dolphins CB's are battling injuries right now. For instance, if Nolan Carroll is stuck guarding Hilton I will be terrified.

Overall I'm really excited about this game. The Dolphins and Colts strike me as teams in fairly similar situations (hopefully both heading up) and I love watching Luck play so I'm interested to see how the Dolphins D handles the test. On a more personal note, I really hope the Phins win because it would be a huge boost to Tanne's confidence. Not only would it be a little revenge for last season, it would also show him that he can really compete with Luck, the first QB taken in his draft class.

Should be a fun one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom