• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts I've missed so far on the 49ers and 'Hawks? As a big 49er fan who thinks they are the superior team overall and who should finish with a better record and go further in the playoffs, I don' t think they win in Seattle this weekend.

Seattle in Seattle is their kryptonite because I don't think Harbaugh will change his offense to work in that noise. Even at home there is drama in every offensive play just to see if they can beat the play clock (the anti-Eagles?) and it is usually close and requires a time out or two to be taken on offense. Harbaugh just has too damn many calls being made at the line of scrimmage to work at all if the QB can't be heard. They could compete if they just call the play in the huddle and make no modifications after that but I just don't see them doing that. Combine that with a running game that was MIA last week and I just can't see the 49ers winning this weekend. Other, inferior offenses honestly would do significantly better up there.

If they do manage to win then they are even better than I thought. If they don't, that is somewhat predictable and doesn't mean all that much (unless they have to play the 'Hawks up there in the playoffs...yikes!).

Chickens are a tough matchup anyways but all the noise they pump into the speakers to make it artificially louder makes it even worse. We just need to put some points on the board early. Then by the time the 2nd half rolls around most of the fucking slobs in the crowd will be too drunk to know wtf is going on.

We are pretty clearly the better team, as we were last year, but we just have to weather the early storm. If we can do that we will win and the game won't be close. We can't let it get away from us early like we did last year.

DSmalls84

Any falcons fans worried about this weeks game? The rams have a pretty solid defense and the saints were getting good pressure on ryan last week. Atlanta's oline has me worried.

I second this. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Welcome brother.

june-600.jpg

Which one are you? :)

How is this even remotely funny and/or clever?

JCizzle

Any thoughts I've missed so far on the 49ers and 'Hawks? As a big 49er fan who thinks they are the superior team overall and who should finish with a better record and go further in the playoffs, I don' t think they win in Seattle this weekend.

Seattle in Seattle is their kryptonite because I don't think Harbaugh will change his offense to work in that noise. Even at home there is drama in every offensive play just to see if they can beat the play clock (the anti-Eagles?) and it is usually close and requires a time out or two to be taken on offense. Harbaugh just has too damn many calls being made at the line of scrimmage to work at all if the QB can't be heard. They could compete if they just call the play in the huddle and make no modifications after that but I just don't see them doing that. Combine that with a running game that was MIA last week and I just can't see the 49ers winning this weekend. Other, inferior offenses honestly would do significantly better up there.

If they do manage to win then they are even better than I thought. If they don't, that is somewhat predictable and doesn't mean all that much (unless they have to play the 'Hawks up there in the playoffs...yikes!).

I was pretty surprised to hear him say it publicly (since he's usually pretty belichick), but he said they'd be removing some of the calls moving forward. I think with some rookies on offense they had trouble lining up last week and he said they need to simplify - unclear if that means the verbiage or the play book itself.

I hate that no matter what stadium you go to, the crowd is mostly white trash. I wish attending football games wasn't such a nightmare.

Does anyone like Tabris? He's that guy that always takes a joke way too far.

tmdorsey

Any falcons fans worried about this weeks game? The rams have a pretty solid defense and the saints were getting good pressure on ryan last week. Atlanta's oline has me worried.

Maybe slightly, but like my friend told me the Oline and pass protection has all eyes on them this week so I think the will be better. The Rams have nothing on offense that particularly scares me.

cdyhybrid

I hate that no matter what stadium you go to, the crowd is mostly white trash. I wish attending football games wasn't such a nightmare.

Does anyone like Tabris? He's that guy that always takes a joke way too far.

NFL games are just too damn expensive for most people.

I'd take 10 Gatas if that meant getting Tabris out.

I think they'll both get shots. TY was covered by like 3 guys in what I think was a seam route last week and Luck still tried to hit him lol.

DHB will get his, but with Arians gone you'll see more of a focus on efficiency as opposed to big plays. But I'm sure they may occasionally draw something up to try the Safeties. Not sure what the plan of attack is, you guys still have problems with TEs?

I'm not sold on Yeremiah Bell so I think help coverage is needed for stand out TEs. I think D Wash will make a difference there in at least limiting yards gained when he's back but any talented TE these first four weeks will torch us most likely. I imagine we'll game plan for Graham more than we did Cook though so I'm curious to see how that goes.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Chickens are a tough matchup anyways but all the noise they pump into the speakers to make it artificially louder makes it even worse. We just need to put some points on the board early. Then by the time the 2nd half rolls around most of the fucking slobs in the crowd will be too drunk to know wtf is going on.

We are pretty clearly the better team, as we were last year, but we just have to weather the early storm. If we can do that we will win and the game won't be close. We can't let it get away from us early like we did last year.

Yeah but I think the chance of them putting up points early is small. If they can't then the whole thing can easily snowball. Guess I'm saying I won't stress if even if that happens...means nothing as far as who is a stronger unit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah you guys are going too far.

Gata may be a midget, secret Jags fan and overall biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttcccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh but he's no Tabris.

Gata is good people.

I'm not sold on Yeremiah Bell so I think help coverage is needed for stand out TEs. I think D Wash will make a difference there in at least limiting yards gained when he's back but any talented TE these first four weeks will torch us most likely. I imagine we'll game plan for Graham more than we did Cook though so I'm curious to see how that goes.

You would be wise not to be....trust me

Eleuin

Correct sir, I think about moving out of the city constantly, so other than the Blue Jays, which I guess are "Canada's Team", my sporting interest in Toronto's teams is next to nil.

I just want to get along with folks :( I like a bunch of teams, but decided to go full in as a Seahawks fan. Oh well.
Get out.

Talon

No, not really. Team plays completely differently at home, and I think Mike Smith has only lost back-to-back games once in his five years here. We always seem to bounce back strong to losses.

The right side of the offensive line is the only thing I'm worried about. One of those sacks last week was when we left Tony on an island to block Jordan, which is just flat-out stupid. And, honestly, it's not like Reynolds hasn't played extensively at RG over the past two seasons.

Looking at the matchup, I'm interested to see how Ogletree and that neonazi from Ohio State does against Tony. Ogletree has nice closing speed, and I think Tony will have to do more of his damage from the hash to sideline.

Decoud had a pretty bad game last week. Moore and Decoud will have to step up if Cook is looking to get open in the middle of the field.

I'm more worried about Roddy and Asante getting healthy. Although the corners played better than I expected. I was more impressed by Peters having a hell of a game last week.

Honestly, last week played out exactly like last year's game in New Orleans. Almost exact same spot of the ball as well for those last four plays. I'm not really worried about losing against a divisional rival in New Orleans with Payton coming back and the fans all rowdy on opening day. This whole bullshit of "Saints Defense makes them division favorites" is bull after one weekend. You'd think they held us to 3 field goals or something.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If you look at the 49ers offense against the Seahawks last year, they put up remarkably similar numbers home AND away. The key difference between the two was Seattle's offense.

NFL games are just too damn expensive for most people.

I'd take 10 Gatas if that meant getting Tabris out.

Ya they are expensive. I guess when your white trash all you buy is McDonald's and Miller Lite so you should have enough money to buy tickets.

Yeah you guys are going too far.

Gata may be a midget, secret Jags fan and overall biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttcccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh but he's no Tabris.

Gata is good people.

Gata is good people. Good at taking abuse.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Correct sir, I think about moving out of the city constantly, so other than the Blue Jays, which I guess are "Canada's Team", my sporting interest in Toronto's teams is next to nil.

I just want to get along with folks :( I like a bunch of teams, but decided to go full in as a Seahawks fan. Oh well.
Welcome Aboard!

Syrinx

I actually think I hope the Pats win tonight, cause fuck off Jets and the Bucs have enough problems as it is, they don't need to go to New England after they've been beaten by the fucking Jets.

Tabris

The emotional reaction to Tabris is always way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> what he actually posted.

Haha yeah, it's reputation fuelled. I get it. I don't play nice and I'm always going after the Pats.... or Niners (only because FMT bad talked Peyton a year ago) :)

Oh and I'm not cheering for anyone in this game now that I thought about it. It's the inferior NY team vs the cheaters.

Milchjon

Haha yeah, it's reputation fuelled. I get it. I don't play nice and I'm always going after the Pats.... or Niners (only because FMT bad talked Peyton a year ago) :)

Oh and Go Jets!

It's part reputation, part constant validation. I simply haven't read a single worthwhile post from you in... I don't know, ever?

Post better, get hated less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom