• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

Where's Gata?

Tonight's Pats wouldn't have beatin any other team in the AFC South except for the Jags.

Doesn't matter though cause most of the AFC sucks. :)

Patriots7

He doesn't deserve a dive at the knees, but why is he running around? Just fall down and the game is over. No, what he deserved is a fumble for his stupid ass.
Waste more time. He was completely within his right to take more time out of the clock.

I don't think any Patriot fan should be celebrating 2-0. Against two rookie quarterbacks.

Dude, don't you know that if anyone from the AFC makes it to the Superbowl the Niners are going to ppppppuuuuussssshhhhhhh their shit in.
Niners are going to be too good to be super bowl contenders. Real super bowl teams need to have an obvious, debilitating weakness that can only be overcome by fluky luck and monumental opponent stupidity.

Basically, this year is the Packers' time to shine!

effzee

Lol ppl are stupid if they think all rookie qbs are just going to light up the league like the class from last year. Especially any rookie playing for clown show Rex Ryan and the Jets organization.

Milabrega

Geno Smith is awful. He can't hit a receiver in motion. Not that he has much to throw too, but no matter the route he's forcing the receivers to come back on the ball.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I know there was a lot of talk about drops, but some of Brady's throws were just not good. He missed Thompkins twice for TDs. The one down the sideline Thompkins was wide open but was forced to run out of bounds after the catch due to where Brady put the ball. Then there was the end zone over throw where Thompkins laid out and almost caught it. If Brady put just the tiniest more air under that throw it would have been an easy TD. For a guy that throws such fits, he needs to look in the mirror.

Godslay

Banned
Like they did to the Ravens? My bad I missed the memo!

Yep, even a garbage NFC team like the Bucs could probably beat the Jets by 40 points.

You Dolphins fans are good people.

Niners are going to be too good to be super bowl contenders. Real super bowl teams need to have an obvious, debilitating weakness that can only be overcome by fluky luck and monumental opponent stupidity.

Basically, this year is the Packers' time to shine!

So when HOF gets benched Packers win the Superbowl?

MechDX

Dude, don't you know that if anyone from the AFC makes it to the Superbowl the Niners are going to ppppppuuuuussssshhhhhhh their shit in.

Where's Gata?

Tonight's Pats wouldn't have beatin any other team in the AFC South except for the Jags.

Doesn't matter though cause most of the AFC sucks. :)

Like they did to the Ravens? My bad I missed the memo!

Conference Solidarity!!! Suck it down NFC biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches!

Well, New England will be taking a hit in the power rankings, that's for sure.

yep. They are gonna be playing in the Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl

LJ11

How was NE up +4 in turnover margin and they only won by 3?

They're a shit football team.

No one has exploited their linebackers in coverage either, but there isn't a TE worth a shit in this division.

Geno had the back to the flat a lot, didn't take it enough. Just too damn slow reading defenses.

I think the second INT was an option route gone bad. Pats showed split safety, a few seconds before the snap Gregory came down a bit and played it short. Gates went over the top seeing the safety drop, Geno threw the in thinking the coverage was split safeties. That's what I think happened but who fucking knows.

Drakeon

So, if the Patriots are frauds, who's that leave in the Afc besides the Broncos? Texans and Colts? Ravens? I guess it doesn't matter too much, as the Ravens and giants have proven, you just have to get in the playoffs and then everything can change (or you can get real lucky).

eznark

Banned
I think the second INT was an option route gone bad. Pats showed split safety, a few seconds before the snap Gregory came down a bit and played it short. Gates went over the top seeing the safety drop, Geno threw the in thinking the coverage was split safeties. That's what I think happened but who fucking knows.

That was a bad, bad, bad football. Floating duck into over/under. Unless the option was "tackle the two defenders before the throw gets here so the ball goes out of bounds" it was a doomed throw.

Tabris

Pats better hope they have Gronk and Danny back for Week 4 because it becomes significantly harder after that (Falcons > Bengals > Saints). My guess is 3-3 start to the season.

EDIT - Actually looking at the season, except for that 3 game stretch and the Broncos, NE has an easy schedule. Scratch that - they will make it into the playoffs by default.

Damn weak division. This division reminds me of NFC West when every team sucked (before 49ers got Harbaraugh) and Seahawks got into playoffs with a 7-9 record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom