• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

You guys still got the division. Healthy into the playoffs and no reason you can't contend for a SB

*Fist bump*

11853749-mmmain.jpg

All we need is a healthy Gronk, Vereen and Danny. How hard can that be?

Spinluck

On second though, I don't trust the Pats shittiness. It's too... apparent.

This is probably playing right into Bill's plans. Which is, taking the Giants and Steelers road to the Superbowl by being shitty for most of the regular season then all of a sudden streaking through the playoffs. You almost got me Billy.

Spinluck

Man that Tide commercial with Drew Brees and his wife is so damn awkward. How can one be so incredibly awkward with his wife? I can understand a dude like Eli, but Drew seems like a stand up guy. His commercials just suck, he's not a natural like PeyPey or Godgers. At least when Godgers is awkward he's funny and sorta douchey.

Spades

Just watched the game from last night. As a Dolphins fan, I'm pretty confident that we can beat the Jets and the Pats if they continue to play like that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It'd be nice to hear coaches and players actually talk about details instead of hiding it all behind "making plays", but obviously that's not a real option.

Milchjon

On second though, I don't trust the Pats shittiness. It's too... apparent.

This is probably playing right into Bill's plans. Which is, taking the Giants and Steelers road to the Superbowl by being shitty for most of the regular season then all of a sudden streaking through the playoffs. You almost got me Billy.

LOL

Pats can't even suck without a GAF conspiracy theory.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Seems the game went exactly how I figured. Glad I went to bed early. Geno Smith is Mark Sanchez all over again. This team is fucked for another four years.

squicken

Seems the game went exactly how I figured. Glad I went to bed early. Geno Smith is Mark Sanchez all over again. This team is fucked for another four years.

Geno has more upside than Sanchez because he is a superior athlete. I don't think he'll ever be great but you never know. I wouldn't judge him too harsh given the surrounding talent

That's the kind of game they will have to play this year and you just have to get him to stop turning it over

Seanspeed

Banned
lol, maybe when they get competent fucking QBs, or hall of fame skill players.

look how average to below average your team looks with the same quality skill players as other teams in the division, still have the QB though, for a couple of more years anyway.
Yea, I think most teams in the division's best receiver is better than Edelman. Our other two receivers out there? Rookies. No catching RB out there, either. No catching TE's available.

I don't see your point. Take away most all of the skill position players and yea, teams don't tend to look great. Amazing insight.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Geno has more upside than Sanchez because he is a superior athlete. I don't think he'll ever be great but you never know. I wouldn't judge him too harsh given the surrounding talent

That's the kind of game they will have to play this year and you just have to get him to stop turning it over
Funny, I remember people saying the exact same thing about Sanchez all this time.

Yea, I think most teams in the division's best receiver is better than Edelman. Our other two receivers out there? Rookies. No catching RB out there, either. No catching TE's available.

I don't see your point. Take away most all of the skill position players and yea, teams don't tend to look great. Amazing insight.

Luckily for the Pats this year, they're practically gifted 9-10 games because the rest of the AFC East will continue to find ways to lose to them and they get to play the Steelers and Browns.

How lucky can you get drawing the Bills, Jets AND Bucs for your first three games while your team is in shambles?

Seanspeed

Banned
Luckily for the Pats this year, they're practically gifted 9-10 games because the rest of the AFC East will continue to find ways to lose to them and they get to play the Steelers and Browns.

How lucky can you get drawing the Bills, Jets AND Bucs for your first three games while your team is in shambles?
Balanced with the luck of having so many people injured, I wouldn't call the Pats 'lucky' overall at all.

How lucky can the Jets and Bills get to play such a depleted Pats team in the first couple games with rookie QB's?

Balanced with the luck of having so many people injured, I wouldn't call the Pats 'lucky' overall at all.

How lucky can the Jets and Bills get to play such a depleted Pats team in the first couple games with rookie QB's?

True, I wouldn't say the Pats are lucky in the sense of the health of their skill players.

But the Jets and Bills obviously aren't that lucky since they still lost, a testament to how much both of those teams suck right now.

Dolphins play the Pats week 8 and week 15. Knowing our luck they'll probably be pretty good by then. It's weird that the Pats got two division games so early yet the first Dolphins division game is against the Bills in week 7 (after the rough stretch of Colts, Falcons, Saints, Ravens).

TheContact

We need Gronk for week4, not worried about week3. I think the rookies get on sync with Brady. They have a ton of time to prepare, whereas they didn't even practice for the Jets

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Shut your mouth, Browns gonna win that game.

LJ11

No shit teams look bad when they don't have skill position players, which is why the NE divisional opponents suck year after year. Gator feels these terrible teams should now beat the terrible Pats.

Bills Jets Phins have no TEs, at all. Don't give me Chandler either, dude is junk. Phins had dick at receiver last yea but restocked, Jets have Santonio who no shows often, Steve is the only other guy. Bills have the running backs, the other two are tying to find one.

The teams in this division lack(ed) talent, when they get talent they'll compete with NE. Follow the conversation.

No shit teams look bad when they don't have skill position players, which is why the NE divisional opponents suck year after year. Gator feels these terrible teams should now beat the terrible Pats.

Bills Jets Phins have no TEs, at all. Don't give me Chandler either, dude is junk. Phins had dick at receiver last yea but restocked, Jets have Santonio who no shows often, Steve is the only other guy. Bills have the running backs, the other two are tying to find one.

The teams in this division lack(ed) talent, when they get talent they'll compete with NE. Follow the conversation.
It makes me so sad to think about what the Dolphins could have been with Keller.

Unrelated:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/09/patriots-host-jets-and-dolphins-win.html

The AFC East is wide open.

(Peanut Gallery: But Mando, Rob Gronkowski is coming back in a week or two and Danny Amendola will be back in two to six weeks, according to the NFL Network).

Yes, gallery, you are correct. But both of those players are walking injury reports. I would not be surprised if Amendola tweaked a hamstring while watching the game on his couch Thursday night.
:jnc

Seanspeed

Banned

You don't think the Bills and Jets should have beaten the Pats these past two games?

Anyways, AFC East isn't wide open. Pats are 2-0 already in the division and will get healthier. It doesn't get any worse than what you saw last night.

LJ11

You don't think the Bills and Jets should have beaten the Pats these past two games?
No, not really. Even though the Pats were shit the Jets and Bills were just as bad if not worse You torched the Bills on the ground, had more yards and first downs, and ran 30+ more plays than they did. The Jets committed 4 turnovers. Neither team deserved to win even though they started rookie QBs and rookie wrs.

We need Gronk for week4, not worried about week3. I think the rookies get on sync with Brady. They have a ton of time to prepare, whereas they didn't even practice for the Jets

I just hope they don't rush Gronk like they did the last time. He has to be 100%. Can't afford to lose him again.

As for the rookies, they are getting open. They just need to get in sync with the QB and catch those balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom