• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As opposed to the Steelers, Indy and SD for the whole 2000's? I know you were chalking up 4 division wins and a split against Ravens for nearly a decade.

Did you...you know, READ what I wrote?

Steelers and Rats having each other in their division immediately discounts them. Hell, until last year it was hands down the best rivalry in the NFL - both teams met in the playoffs repeatedly.

I also said in another post the Colts were the same, but then Peyton got gimpy and Irsay traded him in for a newer model.

trying a new marinade this week..
JxPxuOc.jpg

Following and NFL team is too taxing so Im switching to MLB permanently. How the Astros doing?

They are the bottom of their division and have the worst record in all of baseball. Want to try hockey? Basketball season starts soon. World Cup is next year, and so is the Olympics.

Miguel

Looks like I'm going to the game this week.

Expect a 48 pt comeback by His Schaubness with 5 passing touchdowns, none of them to Andre Johnson. Foster will get 100 yards on 47 carries, Tate will do the same on 7.

Following and NFL team is too taxing so Im switching to MLB permanently. How the Astros doing?
Funny enough, I'm actually going to that too tomorrow.

MechDX

Looks like I'm going to the game this week.

Expect a 48 pt comeback by His Schaubness with 5 passing touchdowns, none of them to Andre Johnson. Foster will get 100 yards on 47 carries, Tate will do the same on 7.

Why do you hate the team so much? Tell Ed Reed I said hi.

jk have fun.

Miguel

I've decided I'm going to go to one Texans game a month.

Sept - Reliant (vs Titans)
Oct - Candlestick (vs Niners)
Nov - Reliant (vs Raiders)
Dec - Considering one of the road games, haven't decided yet
Jan - Reliant (vs #2 AFC seed)
Feb - MetLife (vs NFC winner)

Patriots7

i want what youre smoking. pats are garbage. 3 pts over the jets? lmao
The first game against the Jets in 2012, they won by 3 points. And then proceeded to the AFC Championship.

The first game against the Jets in 2011, they won by 9 points. And then proceeded to the Superbowl.

The first game against the Jets in 2010, they lost by 14 points. And then proceeded to lose the Jets again by 7 points in the playoffs.

The first game against the Jets in 2009, they lost by 7 points. And then proceeded to lose the Ravens in the playoffs.

So in a year when the best skill player on offense at the moment is Julian Edelman, the fact that the Patriots still managed to win their first game against the Jets, who are pretty good at keeping the Patriots on their toes in the first divisional game of the season, must speak volumes.

The Patriots are an average team, with an underestimated defense (buoyed by their [lucky?] ability to create turnovers) and an underperforming offense (due to the numerous injuries and lack of experience).
Garbage? I wouldn't go that far.

I'm really interested to see how the Pats face off against NO and ATL.
Neither defense should pose as much of an obstacle as the Jets' team managed to do, but it will be a true test for the offense to see if Brady and co. will be able to keep up with Brees and Ryan. (Let's be perfectly honest. Our pass rush has looked horrendous and any decent quarterback should be able to slice up our secondary like butter.)

The first game against the Jets in 2012, they won by 3 points. And then proceeded to the AFC Championship.

The first game against the Jets in 2011, they won by 9 points. And then proceeded to the Superbowl.

The first game against the Jets in 2010, they lost by 14 points. And then proceeded to lose the Jets again by 7 points in the playoffs.

The first game against the Jets in 2009, they lost by 7 points. And then proceeded to lose the Ravens in the playoffs.

So in a year when the best skill player on offense at the moment is Julian Edelman, the fact that the Patriots still managed to win their first game against the Jets, who are pretty good at keeping the Patriots on their toes in the first divisional game of the season, must speak volumes.

The Patriots are an average team, with an underestimated defense (buoyed by their [lucky?] ability to create turnovers) and an underperforming offense (due to the numerous injuries and lack of experience).
Garbage? I wouldn't go that far.

I'm really interested to see how the Pats face off against NO and ATL.
Neither defense should pose as much of an obstacle as the Jets' team managed to do, but it will be a true test for the offense to see if Brady and co. will be able to keep up with Brees and Ryan. (Let's be perfectly honest. Our pass rush has looked horrendous and any decent quarterback should be able to slice up our secondary like butter.)

give the jets brady and they are top of the afc east.

Fantomex

ok billy madison.. idk when i do get to play you. but when i do i will destroy you. youre the guy/kid that sent me those shitty ass trades.. i remember you.

I scored the most points last week, and i have not sent in any trades whatsoever. Listen SNES, those margarita packets in your moms refrigerator are non alcoholic, stop acting brave. Youre not really drunk right now.

Patriots7

give the jets brady and they are top of the afc east.
Only if Sexy Rexy gets a Brady tattoo and his Sanchez one removed.

As much shit as Rex gets for the entire Jets debacle, it can't be stressed how good of a defensive coach he is.
As much as I love New England/Belichick/the Pats, even I have to tip my hat to the man (Fire Rex as Jets HC, fire Patricia as Patriots DC and replace with Rex, take away Belichick's GM powers, and in 2 years the Patriots would be in the Superbowl, keeping Brady constant).

I scored the most points last week, and i have not sent in any trades whatsoever. Listen SNES, those margarita packets in your moms refrigerator are non alcoholic, stop acting brave. Youre not really drunk right now.

unless some other fantomex sent me a trade for forte, then i may be wrong.. you tried to sell me garbage for forte. next time im screen capping that shit and making you look like a princess. i only drank 9 btw.
most pts? lmao.. FLUKE

MechDX

Damn. Just went to verify my picks for this week and only myself and Fox picked the Jets. I did pick them and went back in Thursday morning and changed it but must have forgot to hit save.:jnc

I've decided I'm going to go to one Texans game a month.

Sept - Reliant (vs Titans)
Oct - Candlestick (vs Niners)
Nov - Reliant (vs Raiders)
Dec - Considering one of the road games, haven't decided yet
Jan - Reliant (vs #2 AFC seed)
Feb - MetLife (vs NFC winner)
You should obviously go to Tennessee. Your only other two options are being in Florida or being in Indiana in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom