• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 2 |OT| - Manning Bowl III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone's getting restless.
By virtue of the eyeball test as well as the box score, Ben Tate outplayed Arian Foster in the Houston Texans' Week 1 comeback victory over the San Diego Chargers.

That performance has earned Tate at least a temporary timeshare, but the former second-round draft pick made it clear that he's not satisfied playing second-fiddle to Foster.

"I would be lying to you if I told you that I embraced the complement role to someone else," Tate told Ross Jones of FOXSports.com. "That's not why I wanted to be in the NFL. That's not my dream to complement someone else. That's not what my attitude or why I work out is to complement someone else."

Tate added that he's merely being honest about his "competitive" nature, pointing out that he and Foster are "both mature about the situation."

As we pointed out on Wednesday's edition of the "Around The League Podcast", Foster will regain the lead-back role once he knocks the rust off. If Tate continues to outplay Foster, however, the tandem attack is here to stay.

The biggest takeaway from Tate's sentiment regards his future. He clearly wants a featured role of his own, which appears to be the most likely scenario next season with free agency looming.

As perhaps the best mix of talent, age and demonstrated production to hit the running-back market since Michael Turner landed a six-year, $34.5 million contract from the Atlanta Falcons in 2008, Tate owes it to himself to gauge his value with the other 31 teams.

With J.J. Watt closing in on a mega-deal and the veteran duo of Antonio Smith and Wade Smith also due to hit free agency, Tate has the look of a luxury item the Texans will no longer be able to afford in 2014.

The alternative would be cutting ties with Foster two years after locking him up with a five-year, $43.5 million contract.

Hey Texans, whomever you cut, send them Denver's way.

Godslay

Banned

We don't need their leftovers. Nobody is running the ball well yet, in the entire league. OL will become more cohesive as time goes on, and Denver's will too. Then one of these guys will pop. I'm betting on Ball & Anderson. Hillman change of pace, Moreno depth in case someone goes down. It's just a matter of time before it gets better.

ShaneB

Cool ranch is the shit.

I'm an old, awesome Dutchie.

Why the Seahawks?

Good solid team looking to have a promising future. I wanted to pick a team as well that had an open stadium which they have, and they've never won a super bowl. A badass logo too. I was debating picking a east coast team that deals with a colder climate, but I was just drawn to the Seahawks. I grew up in Labrador like I mentioned, so it' not like I ever had any geographical ties to any sort of area or a team. And Seattle has never had much sports success, so it's nice to connect to that team, and last but not least, the guys on Deadliest Catch are Seahawks fans, as silly as that sounds! :p

Man, looking at the spoiler thread, you at least showed good taste in the games you shill for. Crazy stuff.

Why are you up? Can I buy some beer in your store?

Good solid team looking to have a promising future. I wanted to pick a team as well that had an open stadium which they have, and they've never won a super bowl. A badass logo too. I was debating picking a east coast team that deals with a colder climate, but I was just drawn to the Seahawks. I grew up in Labrador like I mentioned, so it' not like I ever had any geographical ties to any sort of area or a team. And Seattle has never had much sports success, so it's nice to connect to that team, and last but not least, the guys on Deadliest Catch are Seahawks fans, as silly as that sounds! :p

Fair enough. God speed

You know what I also like? Boobs

I bet I like beer more than you

I bet I like you more than you like me.

MechDX

Been that way since Tate returned from his injury after his rookie year, nothing new. Media just hyping it up for something to talk about. Tate is in a contact year so we should get his best this season. Cierre Wood will take his place next season and they will start to develop another RB.

Tate will get starter money next season from some other team

We don't need their leftovers. Nobody is running the ball well yet, in the entire league. OL will become more cohesive as time goes on, and Denver's will too. Then one of these guys will pop. I'm betting on Ball & Anderson. Hillman change of pace, Moreno depth in case someone goes down. It's just a matter of time before it gets better.

But he is Kubiak trained. :(

You really don't think Ben Tate would be an upgrade over most of our RBs?

Now he's just going to call you a dickaholic and the cycle of bullying will begin anew.

It's like the Lion King.

IIIIIIIIIITTT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIFFFEEEE!

For a Pats fan you're an alright guy. I'd give you a hug if I could.

You should meet up with Cajunator. He loves hugs. Still, I a manly-hug would be okay.

That doesn't take much.

See, new guy says I'm an alright guy. You totally like me.

I already slept a bit but woke up and now I'm watching GTA V streams.

And you can always come by our store. Opens at 12 PM, if you start your trip now, you should be there on time.

If I get GTA tomorrow, you can come over tomorrow. If you bring some beer. Saves me the trip.

rando14

You should meet up with Cajunator. He loves hugs. Still, I a manly-hug would be okay.

HEY DUTCH where's my hug?!

Bro-Hug.gif

Godslay

Banned
But he is Kubiak trained. :(

I just would rather give the guys we have a shot before we go to look elsewhere.

You really don't think Ben Tate would be an upgrade over most of our RBs?

At this moment, maybe? Long term, probably not. Like I said above we need to let these guys grow with the Oline. If it's apparent no one is going to be worth a damn at the end of the year, then it might be time to start looking at another option.

Even with that said, I have faith that one of these guys will be more than serviceable sometime this season. I'm not giving up on Ball, or CJ. Hillman is not an every down back, they just have to use him correctly. Moreno should be depth.

At this moment, maybe? Long term, probably not. Like I said above we need to let these guys grow with the Oline. If it's apparent no one is going to be worth a damn at the end of the year, then it might be time to start looking at another option.

Even with that said, I have faith that one of these guys will be more than serviceable sometime this season. I'm not giving up on Ball, or CJ. Hillman is not an every down back, they just have to use him correctly. Moreno should be depth.

I don't trust Hillman. Every time he runs with the ball it scares me. He has the same fumbling problem that McGahee had when he was still on the roster.

Dukey

Banned
Well that was easy. Free Sunday Ticket for saying my bill was too high and I was leaving for FIOS. We dont even have FIOS here. Stuck with the Carolina Punters no more.

Godslay

Banned
I don't trust Hillman. Every time he runs with the ball it scares me. He has the same fumbling problem that McGahee had when he was still on the roster.

He was doing the same thing DT was last year. Carrying the ball around everywhere he went. Hopefully it will cure the fumbling to some degree.

tmdorsey

But my comment was win or lose we are better, just like last year. We lost in Seattle but won the division and got to the Super Bowl whereas the chickens lost to the lowly falcons and gave Ryan his first and ultimately only playoff win

You were a Harry Douglas not tripping over the fucking turf monster, catch a way from losing to those lowly Falcons! Damnit!

You were a Harry Douglas not tripping over the fucking turf monster, catch a way from losing to those lowly Falcons! Damnit!

1. that wasn't even a catch. bullshit that it was ruled that way
2. if he scored on that play kap would've just taken us down the field for the win

you lose either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom