• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Couple of things on the Steelers

A look at the run game issues

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013/09/can-steelers-afford-to-run-ball.html

And apparently Antonio Brown and Haley are mad at each other over a sideline incident on Monday

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers wide receiver “confronted” his offensive coordinator on the sidelines in the second half of Monday’s loss to the Bengals, and “angrily complained” he wasn’t seeing enough of the ball.

According to the report, Haley and Brown were both still “seething about it” Tuesday.

There was no video footage of the incident, but the pattern of the game indicates something changed. Brown was targeted three times in the first half, with two catches for 35 yards. He was targeted six times in the second half.

Fellow starter Emmanuel Sanders was targeted 10 times, but No. 3 wideout Jerricho Cotchery was targeted five times in the first half, and nine for the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tonio-brown-confronts-todd-haley-on-sideline/

bionic77

We won't be dancing for a while so why not get something for him while he's worth it?
If we were to trade Ben then now is probably the time to do it.

But it is stupid to assume we will get another franchise qb any time soon. A lot of franchises have never gotten a franchise qb and we were not exactly the greatest team at picking qb's for the 20 years before we drafted Ben.

I wouldn't panic though. A lot of teams have turned it around pretty quickly.

Phone wars are even more embarrassing than console wars. Also, this thread is so STD-ridden...

Also-also, took the Fins to the Superbowl vs. the Eagles (double-lol), it snowed in MetLife. :)
Phone wars are pretty much the domain of retards. They are all pretty much the same now and fuck anyone that tells you differently.

Speaking of the Phins, lets all pray to Shula and his shitty overpriced steaks that the Phins arise from the ashes of the East and absolutely dominate and humiliate the Patriots this year. The Phins are definitely more talented but that alone isn't enough. They have to channel their inner Shula and sock those STD infested, cheating, flag begging assholes right in their mouth (which is probably covered in some kind of cheap Euro trash lipstick).

Do it Miami. You guys need to do something positive to make up for the Heat.

ChanHuk

Banned
Dutch go cower in the corner you sponge. Don't talk to my European drug connection like you're some kinda street thug you fake PC thug.

bionic77

Couple of things on the Steelers

A look at the run game issues

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013/09/can-steelers-afford-to-run-ball.html

And apparently Antonio Brown and Haley are mad at each other over a sideline incident on Monday

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tonio-brown-confronts-todd-haley-on-sideline/
Stop with the facts that we are unable to run the ball!

Rooney's bastard son that is running the show decided two years ago that we have to run the ball so lets just force that square peg into a round hole regardless of what is happening during the season!

Chan you are a degenerate drug user. What are the best kinds of drugs to dull this kind of pain?

Speaking of the Phins, lets all pray to Shula and his shitty overpriced steaks that the Phins arise from the ashes of the East and absolutely dominate and humiliate the Patriots this year. The Phins are definitely more talented but that alone isn't enough. They have to channel their inner Shula and sock those STD infested, cheating, flag begging assholes right in their mouth (which is probably covered in some kind of cheap Euro trash lipstick).

The single best thing you have ever posted. I feel so motivated right now, I'm pretty sure I could pick up a Wilfork if I attempted it.

ChanHuk

Banned
Stop with the facts that we are unable to run the ball!

Rooney's bastard son that is running the show decided two years ago that we have to run the ball so lets just force that square peg into a round hole regardless of what is happening during the season!

Chan you are a degenerate drug user. What are the best kinds of drugs to dull this kind of pain?

There is no drug that can help your pain. My only advice is to do the opposite of whatever squicken in these situations.

jakncoke

Banned
Lets just keep Ben in the shotgun the whole time, 1 back beside him and sling it around. I also suggest Ben line up 9 yards behind the C because the OL is terrible that the normal distance is too short

bionic77

There is no drug that can help your pain. My only advice is to do the opposite of whatever squicken in these situations.
/cancels order for Wussell jersey

Whew! That was a close one!

Lets just keep Ben in the shotgun the whole time, 1 back beside him and sling it around. I also suggest Ben line up 9 yards behind the C because the OL is terrible that the normal distance is too short
If you want Arians back just say so!

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 39m
Former Texans practice squad defensive back Roc Carmichael is joining the Eagles' active roster today, according to a league source

Damn Philly. What is your fascination with our players?

Wrayfield

If we were to trade Ben then now is probably the time to do it.

But it is stupid to assume we will get another franchise qb any time soon. A lot of franchises have never gotten a franchise qb and we were not exactly the greatest team at picking qb's for the 20 years before we drafted Ben.

I wouldn't panic though. A lot of teams have turned it around pretty quickly.

Phone wars are pretty much the domain of retards. They are all pretty much the same now and fuck anyone that tells you differently.

Sounds great, sadly, I don't think we're quite there yet. I always said I want to see some kind of planned progress and it's there. But I ain't riding the hype train. Falcons and Ravens game will show if this team is for real, and the Pats game away as well. I expect the Pats to be up to speed by then though...

jakncoke

Banned
/cancels order for Wussell jersey

Whew! That was a close one!

If you want Arians back just say so!

Now that we've seen what 18? games of Haley led offense. Arians offense doesnt seem so bad now! Fuck it, why even spend the 1 million or whatever OC get in the NFL. Just let Ben call his own plays, cant be any worse than whats going on out there right now.

bionic77

Sounds great, sadly, I don't think we're quite there yet. I always said I want to see some kind of planned progress and it's there. But I ain't riding the hype train. Falcons and Ravens game will show if this team is for real, and the Pats game away as well. I expect the Pats to be up to speed by then though...
The Pats are not going to be good this year dude.

Gronk will improve things a little bit but they are a team designed to score a lot of points and they don't have a lot of talent on offense. Their best player is made of glass and Brady's long ball has been hilariously bad so far. I can't wait until they play someone good and get embarrassed. i was hoping that the Dolphins would be one of those teams!

bionic77

Now that we've seen what 18? games of Haley led offense. Arians offense doesnt seem so bad now! Fuck it, why even spend the 1 million or whatever OC get in the NFL. Just let Ben call his own plays, cant be any worse than whats going on out there right now.
You know to be fair to Haley the offense has only been healthy for like 8 minutes while he has been the OC. But fairness ain't gonna dry the tears on Sunday!

Wrayfield

I knew you were a Dolphins fan but never knew you were from Finland. The homonym of your fandom and nationality I found amusing

Sorry, misread your post, thought it was a typo.

I wish I was Finnish, but I am just an ordinary Pole who spent more time living in Germany, Switzerland and the UK than in my country.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
U24XCsm.png

lololo

same shit, different year

jakncoke

Banned
You know to be fair to Haley the offense has only been healthy for like 8 minutes while he has been the OC. But fairness ain't gonna dry the tears on Sunday!

Yeah we've won before with a terrible OL and injuries. So I expect that shit to continue!

The Pats are not going to be good this year dude.

Gronk will improve things a little bit but they are a team designed to score a lot of points and they don't have a lot of talent on offense. Their best player is made of glass and Brady's long ball has been hilariously bad so far. I can't wait until they play someone good and get embarrassed. i was hoping that the Dolphins would be one of those teams!

We just need to Giants our way through the regular season, winning just enough to make it to the playoffs and then get everybody back healthy and hot.

Getting healthy is a big if, but if we can get Gronk, Danny and Vereen on the field at the same time together with a settled down Edelman/Dobson/Thompkins/Ridley, I believe we can still be one of the best offenses in the league behind Denver.

MechDX

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...kamara-some-teammates-call-me-black-tim-tebow

Here's something we never, ever expected to read today (or ever): Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara is known to some of his teammates as the "Black Tim Tebow."

The backstory: Amukamara, who, it turns out, is actual royalty, told Muscle and Fitness in a recent interview that he takes great pride in never putting alcohol in his body and maintaining his commitment to celibacy. Those two facts have everything to do with the comparison to the former Heisman Trophy winner.

"Yeah, some people call me the Black Tim Tebow," Amukamura admitted, adding: "Yeah, I am a virgin. I'm not ashamed to say that."

Did not know any of this.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah, definitely don't get why this is a mockable decision. Jason Campbell is a tire fire.

Tell that to BG.

BRIAN HOYER ERA TO BEGIN!!!

Also just so no one gets it twisted, it's because Weeden is injured otherwise he would be starting.

I actually liked what I saw from Hoyer in the preseason, on a plus maybe that means they actually let Trent run the ball more.

bionic77

Yeah we've won before with a terrible OL and injuries. So I expect that shit to continue!
You know the one thing I will credit to Arians over Haley is that Arians was more willing to adapt when things were going bad. I have not seen that from Haley yet. I mean after 3 quarters it was obvious we could not run the ball against the Bungles and yet on a 3rd and 2 in the 3rd quarter he calls a running play that obviously gets stuff. I fucking hate coaches that are not focused on the ultimate goal of trying to win. Fuck you Haley. I hope you get AIDS from Gronk in the bathroom and are forced to spend the rest of your days working as an assistant for the Jets.

We just need to Giants our way through the regular season, winning just enough to make it to the playoffs and then get everybody back healthy and hot.

Getting healthy is a big if, but if we can get Gronk, Danny and Vereen on the field at the same time together with a settled down Edelman/Dobson/Thompkins/Ridley, I believe we can still be one of the best offenses in the league behind Denver.
Problem with your theory. Your qb is not good anymore and your defense is terrible. Don't expect to be the mediocre SB winner this year, you guys don't meet the criteria. I expect at best a one and done.

Also here is something to cheer your degenerate assholes up.

A hilarious YT clip of this dude in Australia who was famous for going into restaurants, ordering the most expensive shit on the menu, and then telling the waiters that he could not pay or making up whatever excuse Lunchbox and his family can think of when they realize they just ordered something outside of their price range at the local Red Lobster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEsZkTTgydc

Milchjon

Those reviews weren't kidding about GTA V being despicable to the point where it's taking away some of the fun. I never felt uneasy playing any other GTA or other video games, but some missions are pushing it.

Yeah, definitely don't get why this is a mockable decision. Jason Campbell is a tire fire.
When coaches go with the known commodity that is known to suck it's just depressing. If your team doesn't appear to be going anywhere you might as well start the guy who has a little more upside, even if it's more risky. That being said, I don't really know much about Hoyer so maybe he is more of a known commodity than I think.

bionic77

He is awesome. Is there a RB in the league who is better at the combo of cutting and accelerating?
Isaac Redman.

Oh wait, sorry I thought if you asked if there was a better running back at averaging less than 2 yards a carry and fumbling when we would get in the redzone (a pretty rare occurrence for us).

squicken

So is Shady really this good, or is it more a result of the defenses he's gone up against these first two weeks?

We've seen both SD and WAS get lit up by HOU and GB, so I think the jury is still out. I'm really fascinated to see if Kelly goes full throttle on a short week after getting his defense exhausted on Sunday. As much as the pace has helped Vick and the offense, there's no way he can do that to his defense every week

bionic77

On the other hand, you just ordered a Sherman jersey.
Sherman amuses me and is really good, but Steelers fans don't roll like that!

We are loyal to our team until they start to suck. At that point we start to hate everything and wish death upon our quarterback and coaches.

I think Packer fans have a similar religion. Though ez takes it to another level and just wishes for everyones death at all times. I think that is unique to him and not usual to most sconi's.

squicken

Goldston's suspension overturned. They will never suspend anyone for on-field action. As bad as Merriweather is, Goldston is worse, and I guess they just aren't going to dig their heels in on it

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sherman amuses me and is really good, but Steelers fans don't roll like that!

We are loyal to our team until they start to suck. At that point we start to hate everything and wish death upon our quarterback and coaches.

I think Packer fans have a similar religion. Though ez takes it to another level and just wishes for everyones death at all times. I think that is unique to him and not usual to most sconi's.
That Steelers fan who decried the death of defense earlier was ahead of the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom