• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrayfield

Those reviews weren't kidding about GTA V being despicable to the point where it's taking away some of the fun. I never felt uneasy playing any other GTA or other video games, but some missions are pushing it.

Yeah, I feel like they are trying to be over-the-top with the fucking and killing. Still have a good way to go but it feels different than previous ones. The first encounter with the third character was quite unexpected, don't wanna spoil anything to people here.

bionic77

or peypey stopped letting him watch
Goober Eli would never have the balls to watch just a naked woman and man, let alone fucking.

Squicken is right and I said the same thing last year. Eli finally came of age and decided that at the ripe age of 32 that he was ready to engage in sexual intercourse with his wife. It is his right an the right of every man, but it also closes the door on any hopes the Giants had of any more Superbowls.

You earned it Eli. And yes I agree, boobs are awesome!

Milchjon

Yeah, I feel like they are trying to be over-the-top with the fucking and killing. Still have a good way to go but it feels different than previous ones. The first encounter with the third character was quite unexpected, don't wanna spoil anything to people here.

There's a mission shortly before the second heist that's really pushing it. These games are so realistic that it's no fun to do some of these things.

Really, really, really awesome game otherwise.

Those reviews weren't kidding about GTA V being despicable to the point where it's taking away some of the fun. I never felt uneasy playing any other GTA or other video games, but some missions are pushing it.
After a few hours I almost feel like I need a break just because of the tone of the game. It's this weird mix of being really funny but also just incredibly vulgar and dark to the point where it's almost too much. Kind of expected with GTA I suppose but I agree with you, and I haven't even gotten to some of the more... intense stuff yet (heard about some of it, though).

Fantomex

There's a mission shortly before the second heist that's really pushing it. These games are so realistic that it's no fun to do some of these things.

Word em up. Just the other day I had this timed mission and I must of crossed 3 red lights, and was speeding on a residential neighborhood. I felt terrible.

JK For real man the gameplay is great, the stories are awesome but some of that stuff, although only pixels, really messes with your conscience.

Lunchbox

Banned
Goober Eli would never have the balls to watch just a naked woman and man, let alone fucking.

Squicken is right and I said the same thing last year. Eli finally came of age and decided that at the ripe age of 32 that he was ready to engage in sexual intercourse with his wife. It is his right an the right of every man, but it also closes the door on any hopes the Giants had of any more Superbowls.

you need to send your QB to some bathrooms so he can regain his powers by feasting on fat girls

rooneys stopping him from Kobe bryanting has lead your teams decline

LevelNth

Banned

To me that is a great thing. GTA has finally evolved past the parody and video game silliness of its violence and mature content, and is actually handling its mature content in a way that exemplifies just how intense that stuff is.

There's no question this is one of the few series still in gaming that actually means anything, and I'd love to play it, but I peace'd out on games a couple years back because 95% of them are just horrid horseshit now.

Maybe I'll borrow a PS3 from a coworker one of these days.

:jnc

I needed a good laugh this morning and you came through.:)

eznark

Banned
So is Shady really this good, or is it more a result of the defenses he's gone up against these first two weeks?

Let me ask it this way: How do you feel about James Starks as an explosive and elusive running back capable of putting up 125 yard performances regularly?

Colasante

Brandon Meriweather wasn't suspended for his head to head hit, and Dashon Goldson's suspension for his was overturned? Oh, NFL, you so crazy.

GTAV sounds kind of shitty.
If it means anything to you, I've abandoned every GTA after a few hours because of either sheer boredom or annoyance with any number of game mechanics that have ruined the experience for me.

After a 5 or so hour session last night, I'm actually enjoying this one quite a bit. The character switching does wonders for breaking up the monotony. It's still GTA but they seem to have finally refined the mechanics enough as a whole so that the whole is better than the individual parts. (though shooting from a car is hilariously awful)

As for the tone, it hasn't bothered me thus far but I haven't even been introduced to Trevor as of yet so who knows if my feelings will remain the same in that regard. It's hard for any piece of entertainment to offend me though so we'll see.

eznark

Banned
Brandon Meriweather wasn't suspended for his head to head hit, and Dashon Goldson's suspension for his was overturned? Oh, NFL, you so crazy.

PLAYER SAFETYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The fact that the NFLPA challenged the suspension is fucking gross.

Milchjon

To me that is a great thing. GTA has finally evolved past the parody and video game silliness of its violence and mature content, and is actually handling its mature content in a way that exemplifies just how intense that stuff is.

There's no question this is one of the few series still in gaming that actually means anything, and I'd love to play it, but I peace'd out on games a couple years back because 95% of them are just horrid horseshit now.

Maybe I'll borrow a PS3 from a coworker one of these days.

That's the thing though, it's not like the overall tone is serious and mature in any way. The silly/jokey way it's handled, it simply feels cruel. Like others said, it has this really weird tone. It's the first time in the series where the attempt to be serious and realistic (which they totally went overboard with in IV) clashes with the silliness.

PLAYER SAFETYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The fact that the NFLPA challenged the suspension is fucking gross.

Money > Player Safety

Hell, maybe Goldson/Meriweather can injure some other players this week and in 20 years those guys can sue the NFL together with the NFLPA as well!

It's all about thinking long-term.

eznark

Banned
I hope Greg Jennings gets fucked by an aids raccoon.

BUaCo6VCMAAsYLH.jpg

MiKeD

Banned
Just let this sink in for a moment:

1. Ty Detmer, 0-2.
2. Tim Couch, 22-37.
3. Doug Pederson, 1-7.
4. Spergon Wynne, 0-1.
5. Kelly Holcomb, 4-8.
6. Jeff Garcia, 3-7.
7. Luke McCown, 0-4.
8. Trent Dilfer, 4-7.
9. Charlie Frye, 2-3.
10. Derek Anderson, 16-18.
11. Ken Dorsey, 0-3.
12. Brady Quinn, 1-2.
13. Bruce Gradkowski, 0-1.
14. Jake Delhomme, 2-2.
15. Seneca Wallace, 1-6.
16. Colt McCoy, 6-15.
17. Brandon Weeden, 5-11.
18. Thaddeus Lewis, 0-1.
19. Brian Hoyer, 0-0.

jakncoke

Banned
lol raidas having sewage problems again. when they finally going to get a new stadium or they just waiting for the la stadium to be build to jump ship

1. Ty Detmer, 0-2.
2. Tim Couch, 22-37.
3. Doug Pederson, 1-7.
4. Spergon Wynne, 0-1.
5. Kelly Holcomb, 4-8.
6. Jeff Garcia, 3-7.
7. Luke McCown, 0-4.
8. Trent Dilfer, 4-7.
9. Charlie Frye, 2-3.
11. Ken Dorsey, 0-3.
12. Brady Quinn, 1-2.
14. Jake Delhomme, 2-2.
15. Seneca Wallace, 1-6.
16. Colt McCoy, 6-15.
18. Thaddeus Lewis, 0-1.
19. Brian Hoyer, 0-0.

You just knnow Jason Checkdown will get a chance to start sometime this year. So that'll make 20 loser qbs with at least 1 start since 1999. sucks to suck

Kacar

1. Ty Detmer, 0-2.
2. Tim Couch, 22-37.
3. Doug Pederson, 1-7.
4. Spergon Wynne, 0-1.
5. Kelly Holcomb, 4-8.
6. Jeff Garcia, 3-7.
7. Luke McCown, 0-4.
8. Trent Dilfer, 4-7.
9. Charlie Frye, 2-3.
11. Ken Dorsey, 0-3.
12. Brady Quinn, 1-2.
14. Jake Delhomme, 2-2.
15. Seneca Wallace, 1-6.
16. Colt McCoy, 6-15.
18. Thaddeus Lewis, 0-1.
19. Brian Hoyer, 0-0.
#bringbackDelhomme

JABEE

I hope Greg Jennings gets fucked by an aids raccoon.

BUaCo6VCMAAsYLH.jpg

Why is he trying to destroy the goodwill he generated in Green Bay with the Super Bowl they won? I just don't understand why he is being so antagonistic about his fractured relationship with the Packers.

Narag

Why is he trying to destroy the goodwill he generated in Green Bay with the Super Bowl they won? I just don't understand why he is being so antagonistic about his fractured relationship with the Packers.

How else is he going to get exposure this year?

Bowser

1. Ty Detmer, 0-2.
2. Tim Couch, 22-37.
3. Doug Pederson, 1-7.
4. Spergon Wynne, 0-1.
5. Kelly Holcomb, 4-8.
6. Jeff Garcia, 3-7.
7. Luke McCown, 0-4.
8. Trent Dilfer, 4-7.
9. Charlie Frye, 2-3.
11. Ken Dorsey, 0-3.
12. Brady Quinn, 1-2.
14. Jake Delhomme, 2-2.
15. Seneca Wallace, 1-6.
16. Colt McCoy, 6-15.
18. Thaddeus Lewis, 0-1.
19. Brian Hoyer, 0-0.

Jake Delhomme greatest QB in Browns history confirmed.

Lunchbox

Banned

1. Ty Detmer, 0-2.
2. Tim Couch, 22-37.
3. Doug Pederson, 1-7.
4. Spergon Wynne, 0-1.
5. Kelly Holcomb, 4-8.
6. Jeff Garcia, 3-7.
7. Luke McCown, 0-4.
8. Trent Dilfer, 4-7.
9. Charlie Frye, 2-3.
11. Ken Dorsey, 0-3.
12. Brady Quinn, 1-2.
14. Jake Delhomme, 2-2.
15. Seneca Wallace, 1-6.
16. Colt McCoy, 6-15.
18. Thaddeus Lewis, 0-1.
19. Brian Hoyer, 0-0.

Johnny eBay will fix it

eznark

Banned

Guy is bitter and embarrassed about not being good enough to play for a real NFL team anymore and is lashing out. Hard to blame him, really. He should have just signed with some garbo AFC team, collected a paycheck, and come back to the Packers organization and lived as a God. Instead he is another Javon Walker and no one will give a motherfuck about his worthless ass or remember who he is in two years. These guys who are 100% products of the man who throws the ball to them really need to wake up.

Greg

because Christian Ponder

BigAT

1. Ty Detmer, 0-2.
2. Tim Couch, 22-37.
3. Doug Pederson, 1-7.
4. Spergon Wynne, 0-1.
5. Kelly Holcomb, 4-8.
6. Jeff Garcia, 3-7.
7. Luke McCown, 0-4.
8. Trent Dilfer, 4-7.
9. Charlie Frye, 2-3.
11. Ken Dorsey, 0-3.
12. Brady Quinn, 1-2.
14. Jake Delhomme, 2-2.
15. Seneca Wallace, 1-6.
16. Colt McCoy, 6-15.
18. Thaddeus Lewis, 0-1.
19. Brian Hoyer, 0-0.

Murderers' Row.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

1. Ty Detmer, 0-2.
2. Tim Couch, 22-37.
3. Doug Pederson, 1-7.
4. Spergon Wynne, 0-1.
5. Kelly Holcomb, 4-8.
6. Jeff Garcia, 3-7.
7. Luke McCown, 0-4.
8. Trent Dilfer, 4-7.
9. Charlie Frye, 2-3.
11. Ken Dorsey, 0-3.
12. Brady Quinn, 1-2.
14. Jake Delhomme, 2-2.
15. Seneca Wallace, 1-6.
16. Colt McCoy, 6-15.
18. Thaddeus Lewis, 0-1.
19. Brian Hoyer, 0-0.

Somehow I chose the best QB out of them all!!!

Also in other Browns news:

Greg Little demoted the starters will be Josh Gordon and Davone Bess.

Someone post the dog for me I'm on mobile.

bionic77

The league must of really hated James Harrison
Well he did talk a lot of shit about Goodell.

I think that was his problem.

Lesson to be learned? As long as you suck the commissioners microscopically small penis you won't really be singled out for penalties and fines. Not even if you go on radio and talk about how you are going to try to hurt the other teams qb and then hit him 5 yards out of bounds when the play is clearly over!

Also, don't be black.

Other thought I forgot to mention after watching the Rams/Falcons game --- can you guys imagine Tavon Austin on the Pats? That would be kind of terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom