• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Colts TE Dwayne Allen is having season ending surgery too. The already weak AFC got a whole lot weaker today.

He's their #2 target. Hilton and Fleener really need to step. It sucks b/c Allen is a true TE. Can block, whereas Fleener cannot. Going to make run game struggle more

jhendrix

Banned
Wonder how many Falcons will go on IR today? Can Arthur Blank please invest in bubble wrap and wrap our players up before we lose Matt Ryan to tripping on a curb?

Being that I'm an extremely bitter person I just randomly remembered this:

shefter.png

Screw you, Schefturd!

lmao what a jackass,

jhendrix

Banned
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 25s
On Monday, #Broncos OT Ryan Clady told friends he feared he was out for the season. Now, he is. Source says he's headed to season-ending IR

huge blow

Waa

Call me when you lose your starting RB,FB,DE,WLB,CB in the span of about an hour, 2 of those on IR for the year, one on IR DTR and one out for several weeks and still win the game.

Tom Coughlin didn't have his usual press conference yesterday to attend to a family matter. That ended up being his younger brothers death. :( The funeral will be sometime this week.

In other news:

Indianapolis Colts @Colts 12m

Coach Pagano says #Colts TE Dwayne Allen will require season-ending hip surgery.

MechDX

Its only two weeks into the season and it is like every other year. Shit happens, deal with it, get healthy in December and start to roll.

rando14

Yeesh all these injuries bumming me out though I suppose its the norm. Seattle should just play their secondary against Jax!

jhendrix

Banned
In news that surprises no one, the biggest injury whiner is a Cowardly Ryan fan.

Shocking.

What's Ryan got to do with it? He barely misses any time and takes huge hits from a crappy oline all the time.

He may look like a dork but he has taken some brutal hits and gotten right back up.

He missed no time after this

matt-ryan-splits1.gif

jakncoke

Banned
The Panthers added 2 cb to the practice squad. The reason i bring this up.. One of them Deandre Presley has some interesting history and a link to Armanti

In 2010, he replaced Armanti Edwards at quarterback for the Mountaineers and led the team to a 10-3 record before losing to the Villanova Wildcats in the quarterfinals of the 2010 FCS playoffs. On December 1, he was named as one of three finalists for the 2010 Walter Payton Award.[1]

KingGondo

Banned
I've been saying this whole time that Weeden blew, and it looks like I was right.
How did he "blow?" Did you watch last week's game?

He did remarkably well considering his best WR was out and their O-line was swiss cheese.

And no matter what, he'll always be better than your boy Colt.

Colts TE Dwayne Allen is having season ending surgery too. The already weak AFC got a whole lot weaker today.

Was at last weeks game against Miami, they looked terrible on offense. I understand that they've beaten the "our focus is on the run game" drum since preseason, but it's time to bail on that. Pep needs to adjust, spread Wayne/TY/DHB/Whalen/Fleener (who looked good this past week) out and let Luck be Luck.

With Donald Thomas out, Satele being underwhelming, and McGlynn being the worst human being on the planet, the middle of that line is toast. The Colts only hope is when the likes of JJ Watt watch game film, that the film gives them such an enormous erection that they can't play. Thomas, then Ballard, and now Allen. I wonder which starter hits IR next week?

This weekend will be telling. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the 49ers are going to murder them.

That's the thing though, it's not like the overall tone is serious and mature in any way. The silly/jokey way it's handled, it simply feels cruel. Like others said, it has this really weird tone. It's the first time in the series where the attempt to be serious and realistic (which they totally went overboard with in IV) clashes with the silliness.
It's working for me thus far. The
LifeInvader HQ
mission was really great in that regard.

I'm not as far as you though, I'm just enjoying cruising around.

KingGondo

Banned
And they were fortunate to get those 6 points. Weeden was not the primary reason they couldn't score--it's that their O-line has been historically bad over the first two games, not to mention having Greg "Stone Hands" Little as your #1 WR. The entire offense was a clusterfuck, including Browns-GAF's favorite TRENT TRUCK.

When you have to take out a #3 pick on third downs because he's such a liability, that is a seriously bad sign. And not only was he #3, they traded up to get him. Smh.

Bowser

And they were fortunate to get those 6 points. Weeden was not the primary reason they couldn't score--it's that their O-line has been historically bad over the first two games, not to mention having Greg "Stone Hands" Little as your #1 WR. The entire offense was a clusterfuck, including Browns-GAF's favorite TRENT TRUCK.

When you have to take out a #3 pick on third downs because he's such a liability, that is a seriously bad sign. And not only was he #3, they traded up to get him. Smh.

More like Chud can't play to his roster's strengths:

@billvoth Meanwhile, #Browns were down 7-6 w/3:16 left in 3rd. They then called 0 runs & 19 passes the rest of the way. 0. 19. Trent Richardson is…?

@billvoth RECAP:
#Browns led 7-6 early in 3rd vs MIA & TRich had 3 more carriers.
#Browns trailed 7-6 late in 3rd vs BAL & TRich had 0 more carries.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Dat salt.

I love you Gondo!

eznark

Banned

It's a QB league. Luck had a miserable offensive line and no running game to speak of and he took a 1 win team to the playoffs. Old Man Weeden can't get it done. Period.

6 points in a game in todays NFL (excepting going to Seattle) is fucking pathetic and should be a "fuck we need to panic and made massive changes" wake up call.

squicken

Is Richardson really coming out on 3rd downs? Not sure about the rest of Gondo's points, but that really is a bad sign if a #3 overall pick can't play on 3rd down

MechDX

Clifton BrownCSN ‏@CliftonBrownCSN 1m
Kubiak on #Texans WR Andre Johnson "He's expected to practice with the team team tomorrow. He should be ready to go (Sunday)." #RavensTalk

Whew! Im expecting Duane Brown to sit the Ravens game with that damn turf toe.

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

John Harbaugh asked if Baltimore knew Ed Reed had hip issue when he signed w/ Texans: 'Ed's had a hip issue for about 4 years that we dealt with"

John Harbaugh asked if they have to adjust because JJ Watt gets into the passing lane so quickly: "Oh gosh, yeah. You really can't believe it until you see it"

Ravens QB Joe Flacco on if safety Ed Reed plays: "It'll definitely be a little weird to see him in a Texans uniform."

Ravens QB Joe Flacco asked if he would be surprised if Ed Reed didn't play against them: "I'm hearing he's going to play. So I guess so."

Flacco said Reed is playing and Flacco is always right. #ELITE

Just let this sink in for a moment:

1. Ty Detmer, 0-2.
2. Tim Couch, 22-37.
3. Doug Pederson, 1-7.
4. Spergon Wynne, 0-1.
5. Kelly Holcomb, 4-8.
6. Jeff Garcia, 3-7.
7. Luke McCown, 0-4.
8. Trent Dilfer, 4-7.
9. Charlie Frye, 2-3.
10. Derek Anderson, 16-18.
11. Ken Dorsey, 0-3.
12. Brady Quinn, 1-2.
13. Bruce Gradkowski, 0-1.
14. Jake Delhomme, 2-2.
15. Seneca Wallace, 1-6.
16. Colt McCoy, 6-15.
17. Brandon Weeden, 5-11.
18. Thaddeus Lewis, 0-1.
19. Brian Hoyer, 0-0.
It's been a long ass time since Kosar and Sipe.

Milchjon

It's working for me thus far. The
LifeInvader HQ
mission was really great in that regard.

I'm not as far as you though, I'm just enjoying cruising around.

Yeah, I loved that one too. It's later when things get a bit hairy.

Overall, it's still the GTA that I didn't really dare to hope for. I just can't stop playing.

How do Creamsicle uniforms = player safety?

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy was quoted Tuesday in stories about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers scrapping their plans to wear their "Creamsicle" throwbacks saying that the league's Head, Neck and Spine Committee and Players Safety Advisory Panel had made the recommendation.

Just make the helmets the same on the inside? The NFL is weird.

KingGondo

Banned
More like Chud can't play to his roster's strengths:
Richardson has been severely disappointing this season. He runs up the middle/acts as a passing decoy on 1st and 2nd down and comes out on the inevitable third-and-long.

Dat salt.

I love you Gondo!
<3

It's a QB league. Luck had a miserable offensive line and no running game to speak of and he took a 1 win team to the playoffs. Old Man Weeden can't get it done. Period.

6 points in a game in todays NFL (excepting going to Seattle) is fucking pathetic and should be a "fuck we need to panic and made massive changes" wake up call.
I'm not saying Weeden is Andrew Luck. It's simply annoying as hell to see Browns fans calling for his head on a pike when they have WAY bigger issues than QB. It will piss me off further if Hoyer somehow stumbles to a win or two (with the injured guards and Gordon back) and they proclaim him savior of the Browns.

Browns have no roster strengths
Actually, the front 7 is rather awesome.

But besides that you're right.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
To be fair though Richardson was shitting the bed. Crap o-line fine but he was going down on contact; not fighting for anything. Reminded me of Steelers RBs this season.

We must not be watching the same plays. I've seen him drag the pile a crapload this season but at the same time he's also getting hit behind the line of scrimmage on a lot of his runs. But still he needs to be better no matter how bad the O-line is playing.

On that .gif I always post of Wake getting the 4th and 2 sack on Weeden the guy trying to block him was Chris Ogbonnaya. He's what, the third string RB or something?

- Joe Philbin

Yup our third string moved up to 2nd string through a ton of injuries.

Really how things have been through the first two games, Trent should easily have 20+ rushes each game instead of 13 and 18. We've been close in both the games up until the 4th.

Me trying to justify it the only thing I can think of for why this is happening is they want him to get through the season and are gradually building up his touches, but that sounds stupid when you're in a close game and absolutely abandoning the run.

Also doesn't help that Chud seems to be from the Pat Shurmur school of running, it seems almost anytime Trent is set to get the ball it's a run up the middle, very rarely is it designed for him to hit the outside.

Only difference I can see between Shurmur's offense and Chud's so far is we actually throw the ball 10 yards further down the field, otherwise it's the same shit.

But again this is the week to really see what's going on here with Josh Gordon back. My smile might be gone after Sunday.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/18/richard-sherman-san-francisco-49ers/
Richard Sherman said:
You might ask, how can you hold a Boldin in the same regard as a less-experienced receiver on another roster? How does a rookie like Denard Robinson inspire the same effort and tenacity as a Calvin Johnson? It&#8217;s because I owe Denard and every other NFL receiver that same level of respect, simply for the fact that he&#8217;s an NFL player. This is the mountaintop of our sport, and if you ever disrespect that, it will be a long day for you.

Also, word is that MJD might play for the Jags Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom