• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

0-16.. 2nd overall ? wut, who else is going 0-16. Also they need a franchise qb

They drafted Luke Joeckel 2nd overall this year. That's not the move of a team that expects to win this year, that's the move of a team that's building the foundation for the future. Shad Khan knows the team needs a franchise QB in order to be competitive, so it'd make more sense to keep the new GM and coach and let them grow with Teddy Bridgewater next year.

The Jags will have a tough time as well. The Titans, Texans and Colts are all looking good.

The Steelers will get a top 5 pick this year, which they desperately need. They also need to start jettisoning the highly paid guys they have to fit under the cap.

1. Fire Haley. Sorry, but if your franchise QB and your OC aren't on the same page, then one has to go.
2. Let Lebeau retire. The guy is like 100 years old and a true American hero, but I think it's time to turn things over.
3. Draft well. Really well. Gonna need some serious good drafts in the next 2-3 years to turn things around.

I'd say Tomlin gets a couple more years to see whether he can coach a team (not Cowher's team) to regular post-season runs before the Rooneys ditch him for someone else. I think he's been all talk with a good team so far; I don't trust him yet to show that he can coach a squalid team back to a victorious one. Be interesting to see who bails on him.
This is a massive overreaction.

DarkFlow

Banned
Their best offensive player all offseason's been Jordan Cameron, mang.

Browns won't make the playoffs, but they'll turn some heads. ;)
Trust me, I know Cameron is, he's on my fantasy team lol. I just don't think they have 8 wins in them. Norv won't let you win.

Narag

Fantastic day of football. Thanks, Indy.

PFT is reporting Gore had "choice words" for Harbaugh as they left the field after the game. Between that, Aldon Smith's behavior, Kaep's wanton provocation of the fanbase with his Dolphins fandom, and Joe Staley's ill advised attack on a defenseless out of bounds Clay Matthews in week 1, I think it's safe to say discipline is out the window, Harbaugh's lost the team, and the Niners will finish 1-15.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Is Dan Patrick living and working out of a middle aged man's junk shed?

The main studio from which the show is broadcast is in Milford, Connecticut. Space above the Subway restaurant at River Street and New Haven Avenue in downtown Milford was converted into an elaborate clubhouse-style studio by DIY Network as part of their "Man Caves" series hosted by former NFLer Tony Siragusa and DIY's Jason Cameron. The studio features several monitors, sports memorabilia, a basketball hoop, a pinball machine, a foosball table, a bar with 3 kegs and a golf simulator.

That studio is awesome.

This is a massive overreaction.
Why?

Haley has had, what, almost 20 games as the OC and we're still seeing shit performances. Not saying I want Arians back, but it's clear that Ben likes this offense when he can run it himself and doesn't have to listen to Haley in his ear.

As for Lebeau, I love the guy. He's been an outstanding coach and player for 50+ years. The obvious question is whether he's still going to be that guy when Foote, Troy, Clark, Ike, Keisel hang them up in the next 2-3 years. That's almost 1/2 of our D we'll be turning over. Do we turn them over to Lebeau or his protegee?

As for Tomlin, he won a SB with Cowher's players. He inherited a team that was coming into a championship window and did a pretty good job keeping them there until last season. Now we'll see the D age and turn over while the o-line and receivers get experience in Ben's last few seasons (maybe 5-6 left). If we're lucky, great drafts can re-stock the D and get us a new Heath and at least one more run at the ring before Ben retires. I'm just not sure Tomlin is the guy to handle all that, because he hasn't had to deal with anything remotely related to a rebuild since he's been a head coach.

Ryu751

Banned
Bears turned it on when they needed too. I was afraid for a minute they were going to give the game away like the Packers then Jay worked his magic. The offense got out of sink being so ahead. Last thing Fuck Lance Briggs still whining about Lovie and Brian being gone. Lovie can't get to the playoffs and Brian was washed up. Right decisions were made.

effzee

All NFC East teams play AFC West teams next weekend.

Broncos going to demolish us. Hoping Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders step up and help the Eagles.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BlackGhost, please recap for me how Hoyer actually looked. I have only seen highlights and it seems he had bursts of greatness and bursts of Weeden.

Also just as a jab, good to see Cameron is doing so well while YOU were against him and wanted one of those sexy new tight ends!

I told you to believe in TE of the future Jordan Cameron.

effzee

Why?

Haley has had, what, almost 20 games as the OC and we're still seeing shit performances. Not saying I want Arians back, but it's clear that Ben likes this offense when he can run it himself and doesn't have to listen to Haley in his ear.

As for Lebeau, I love the guy. He's been an outstanding coach and player for 50+ years. The obvious question is whether he's still going to be that guy when Foote, Troy, Clark, Ike, Keisel hang them up in the next 2-3 years. That's almost 1/2 of our D we'll be turning over. Do we turn them over to Lebeau or his protegee?

As for Tomlin, he won a SB with Cowher's players. He inherited a team that was coming into a championship window and did a pretty good job keeping them there until last season. Now we'll see the D age and turn over while the o-line and receivers get experience in Ben's last few seasons (maybe 5-6 left). If we're lucky, great drafts can re-stock the D and get us a new Heath and at least one more run at the ring before Ben retires. I'm just not sure Tomlin is the guy to handle all that, because he hasn't had to deal with anything remotely related to a rebuild since he's been a head coach.

Wasn't the Steelers D ranked #1 last year?

squicken

BlackGhost, please recap for me how Hoyer actually looked. I have only seen highlights and it seems he had bursts of greatness and bursts of Weeden.

Also just as a jab, good to see Cameron is doing so well while YOU were against him and wanted one of those sexy new tight ends!

I told you to believe in TE of the future Jordan Cameron.

Hoyer was Weeden only he had Gordon, pass protection, and played a bad defense /Gondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom