• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

As of tonight, Seattle has the best point differential in the league. 49ers have the third worst.

God help the NFC if the Seahawks get HFA...

ibcLOWxWLjMmCz.gif

BlackGhost, please recap for me how Hoyer actually looked. I have only seen highlights and it seems he had bursts of greatness and bursts of Weeden.

Also just as a jab, good to see Cameron is doing so well while YOU were against him and wanted one of those sexy new tight ends!

I told you to believe in TE of the future Jordan Cameron.

Dance with me Kave buddy! The future is now!

That is because they played Jags. Wait until Denver plays Jags.

Half of that is from the Niners game!

jakncoke

Banned
BlackGhost, please recap for me how Hoyer actually looked. I have only seen highlights and it seems he had bursts of greatness and bursts of Weeden.

Also just as a jab, good to see Cameron is doing so well while YOU were against him and wanted one of those sexy new tight ends!

He made good throws but a lot of those good throws came off the back of a Vike secondary blowing a play. He also made some very questionable throws which caused the ints.

DarkFlow

Banned
Oh boy, football night in San Diego is on now. I love watching this, San Diego seems to think the chargers are headed to the SB every year, then act shocked when they suck.

Yeeeeeahhhhhhh Bears!! 1st in the North!!

Karen Fraudgers can't come back in the 4th Quarter but J Cutty can!

Let's all drink PBR and dock in each others foreskins! Wooot! PARTY!

#BEARDOWN

Why?

Haley has had, what, almost 20 games as the OC and we're still seeing shit performances. Not saying I want Arians back, but it's clear that Ben likes this offense when he can run it himself and doesn't have to listen to Haley in his ear.

As for Lebeau, I love the guy. He's been an outstanding coach and player for 50+ years. The obvious question is whether he's still going to be that guy when Foote, Troy, Clark, Ike, Keisel hang them up in the next 2-3 years. That's almost 1/2 of our D we'll be turning over. Do we turn them over to Lebeau or his protegee?

As for Tomlin, he won a SB with Cowher's players. He inherited a team that was coming into a championship window and did a pretty good job keeping them there until last season. Now we'll see the D age and turn over while the o-line and receivers get experience in Ben's last few seasons (maybe 5-6 left). If we're lucky, great drafts can re-stock the D and get us a new Heath and at least one more run at the ring before Ben retires. I'm just not sure Tomlin is the guy to handle all that, because he hasn't had to deal with anything remotely related to a rebuild since he's been a head coach.

The Steelers D was ranked number 1 against the pass and 2 against the run last year.

Haley has had 20 games, for the first eight it was the most prolific offense Ben has ever ran. Then we got hit hard with injury.

As for Tomlin, who's players should he have won with?

This team is in a transition phase. We were at the top for a long ass time and now it's time to reload. All the drafting you're talking about will happen regardless, but for some weird reason Steelers fans want to throw everyone on their ass after one bad year, a year we all knew was coming because this team is too old in some places and way too young in others.

Doomsayer

PFT is reporting Gore had "choice words" for Harbaugh as they left the field after the game. Between that, Aldon Smith's behavior, Kaep's wanton provocation of the fanbase with his Dolphins fandom, and Joe Staley's ill advised attack on a defenseless out of bounds Clay Matthews in week 1, I think it's safe to say discipline is out the window, Harbaugh's lost the team, and the Niners will finish 1-15.

Probably told Harbum to run the damn ball. We gashed Indy on our only TD drive and then Greg Roman said "lolrunning" and proceeded to throw the ball to one of our several hardly NFL caliber receivers.

Big fuck you to Roman today. Gore has all the right in the world to tell Harbaugh to get his shit together.

Wasn't the Steelers D ranked #1 last year?
Yes but there's no denying the age. I think they flashed the stat up there tonight that the average age of the defensive starters for the Steelers is 29.7, which is the oldest unit (offense or defense) in the league. We can keep trotting those guys out there for the next couple of years, but there's no denying that 1/2 of the D will be different here shortly.

Narag

Probably told Harbum to run the damn ball. We gashed Indy on our only TD drive and then Greg Roman said "lolrunning" and proceeded to throw the ball to one of our several hardly NFL caliber receivers.

Big fuck you to Roman today. Gore has all the right in the world to tell Harbaugh to get his shit together.

I still don't understand why they stopped!

"That run D is porous, maybe too porous. Let's play it safe and just pass a lot"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
ibcLOWxWLjMmCz.gif

Dance with me Kave buddy! The future is now!

Half of that is from the Niners game!

Well..okay!

cat-dancing.gif

He made good throws but a lot of those good throws came off the back of a Vike secondary blowing a play. He also made some very questionable throws which caused the ints.

Interesting, although I'm sure barring him having some 0td, 5int game he's probably starting for the remainder of the season.

Gondo. :(

Godslay

Banned

#BEARDOWN

What does this even mean?

I looked at Denver's schedule, and it's home game. I wonder what the spread will be lol.

Very superstitious about playing the Jags. Won't count them out (or any team on the schedule) until the game is over.

Only 1 INT was his fault, he didn't look off the safety. The other two, his receiver fell down, and another was tipped.

Only two balls tipped, where Weeden would have, like, 6. So Improvement already!

Oh, and yes, Cameron is fantastic :D

Collinsworth said it himself - the Steelers O-line is the most inexperienced in the league with the least collective starts between them.

Still, I saw good things tonight. The offense is getting better as the o-line gets time together and key players get healthier.

#BEARDOWN

now every time Aaron Rodgers throws an INT or fucks up I'm going to hear "KAAAAAREN" in Ray Liotta's voice in my head.

effzee

Yes but there's no denying the age. I think they flashed the stat up there tonight that the average age of the defensive starters for the Steelers is 29.7, which is the oldest unit (offense or defense) in the league. We can keep trotting those guys out there for the next couple of years, but there's no denying that 1/2 of the D will be different here shortly.

Ok so then draft their replacement. But for now how is Dick to be blamed or to be removed?

The Steelers D was ranked number 1 against the pass and 2 against the run last year.

Haley has had 20 games, for the first eight it was the most prolific offense Ben has ever ran. Then we got hit hard with injury.

As for Tomlin, who's players should he have won with?

This team is in a transition phase. We were at the top for a long ass time and now it's time to reload. All the drafting you're talking about will happen regardless, but for some weird reason Steelers fans want to throw everyone on their ass after one bad year, a year we all knew was coming because this team is too old in some places and way too young in others.
Okay. Pittsburgh considers every season that doesn't end in a Lombardi trophy as a failed season. How many of those does this coaching staff get?

Haley hasn't gelled with Ben. Do you keep him here for the rest of Ben's career in the hopes they work it out?

Lebeau has signed successive one year deals for the last couple of seasons. Do you keep signing those until he dies?

Tomlin... I'm serious: I don't know what to think about him because he's never been in this position. Maybe he'll do great. But right now I have no expectation that he knows how to coach this team because this team is alien to him.

rando14

Very superstitious about playing the Jags. Won't count them out (or any team on the schedule) until the game is over.

This is the right attitude to have. I'd actually expect a very similar game as to what was played in Seattle today: Denver blows ahead very early, gives up some junk points in the second half, puts up another TD or so, wins by 3 TDs.

EDIT: BTW I havent look into the Von Miller news more, any word on what this "obstruction of justice" issue is gonna mean for him?

Doomsayer

I still don't understand why they stopped!

"That run D is porous, maybe too porous. Let's play it safe and just pass a lot"

Roman is notorious for trying to be too unpredictable.

Also, formations... formations everywhere.

Good win for you guys today though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
oh-boy.gif

Bengals next week so should be a close game...will still probably lose but the next week my friends...the annual SHITBOWL against Buffalo.

I look forward to possibly watching it with you all.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This is racism.

TSN (Canadian ESPN) shows the Jags "highlights" before even mentioning the Browns game.

This is unfair /drizzy voice

Okay. Pittsburgh considers every season that doesn't end in a Lombardi trophy as a failed season. How many of those does this coaching staff get?
So you would have fired Cowher in 1999 then I take it?

Haley hasn't gelled with Ben. Do you keep him here for the rest of Ben's career in the hopes they work it out?
Ben is going to have problems with whoever you bring in here. Remember, Arians was pushed out because of Art II. Do you think Ben's not going to bitch and complain about another co-ordinator? Too much is made of this relationship. They don't have to be sucking each other's dicks for the offense to work.

Lebeau has signed successive one year deals for the last couple of seasons. Do you keep signing those until he dies?
Honestly? I would. Even with no turnovers due to an aging D this D has to be respected. Who was the last co-ordinator you saw that had such consistent success?

Besides, the job is earmarked for Keith Butler when Lebeau has finally had enough. Personally though i'd be just fine if Lebeau stays until he dies, which by looking at him won't be for another 20 years.

Tomlin... I'm serious: I don't know what to think about him because he's never been in this position. Maybe he'll do great. But right now I have no expectation that he knows how to coach this team because this team is alien to him.

Cowher went through this as well, and the Rooney's stayed the course. Tomlin is 3 years off of a Super Bowl run. He's not going anywhere.

Godslay

Banned
This is the right attitude to have. I'd actually expect a very similar game as to what was played in Seattle today: Denver blows ahead very early, gives up some junk points in the second half, puts up another TD or so, wins by 3 TDs.

EDIT: BTW I havent look into the Von Miller news more, any word on what this "obstruction of justice" issue is gonna mean for him?

Yeah, really shouldn't underestimate the opponent. That's how the Jags whooped that ass so long ago in that playoff game. Baby gata sure was happy on that day.

NFL cannot pursue any additional suspension time, due to a settlement on the matter when the 6 games was given out.

Piecing the details together tells me that Von tampered with the test, year suspension was incoming, but confidentiality was broken resulting in the two sides reaching a reduced suspension agreement. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom