• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novoitus

Banned
Here's how it's going to play out:

Bears win the division.
Packers sneak into the playoffs with the last wild card.
Packers beat the Bears in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl.

lovie isn't our head coach anymore. let's see what trestman has in store for the packers when we meet up

Here's how it's going to play out:

Bears win the division.
Packers sneak into the playoffs with the last wild card.
Packers beat the Bears in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl.

Nah. Here's how it'll go.

Bears' old defense will fade, Pack will surge.

Pack fans will crown them champs in week 13.

Pack wilts in divisional due to shitshow defense.

No a dumbass

Yeah keep lowering your throwing shoulder and see how long he remains healthy. Who is your back up?

maybe runningbacks and receivers shouldn't lower their shoulders either for fear of the same injuries. most people who have carried a ball in any legitimate football contest can understand why he dropped the shoulder in that situation. at least i would hope. that yellow line you see on the broadcast isn't actually on the field...

drew brees is stupid for diving headfirst into the endzone and jake locker is stupid for not sliding too

when will these quarterbacks learn they're not - under any circumstances - allowed to make the same plays every other ball carrier can make?!

Godslay

Banned
maybe runningbacks and receivers shouldn't lower their shoulders either for fear of the same injuries. most people who have carried a ball in any legitimate football contest can understand why he dropped the shoulder in that situation. at least i would hope. that yellow line you see on the broadcast isn't actually on the field...

RB and WR don't have to throw the ball. Jay loses that shoulder, it's basically the Hanie season all over again.

RB and WR don't have to throw the ball. Jay loses that shoulder, it's basically the Hanie season all over again.

that doesn't matter as much as you think. how many hits do you think you can take as a runningback with a dislocated shoulder? how many balls can you extend for with a dislocated shoulder?

BlackGhost, please recap for me how Hoyer actually looked. I have only seen highlights and it seems he had bursts of greatness and bursts of Weeden.

Also just as a jab, good to see Cameron is doing so well while YOU were against him and wanted one of those sexy new tight ends!

I told you to believe in TE of the future Jordan Cameron.
Thought he looked good! Brought some excitement to the O. He had his good and bad with some of those ints. I thought one the telling stats was that he wasn't sacked at all for the first half or how ever many series it was. I want him in there next game, if anything I think h can be a great long term back up for us.

And lol Cameron is the dude! You were right, but I stop want a new shiny TE. You can need have to many!

100 + rushing yds today too, feels good. Want see what Mcgahee can do with a week of practice. Also I love how we featured Gordon the whole game, got him involved in the run game.

Godslay

Banned
that doesn't matter as much as you think. how many hits do you think you can take as a runningback with a dislocated arm? how many balls can you extend for with a dislocated arm?

RBs and WRs are considerably more replaceable than QBs. Lose Forte or Marshall you can still have a good season. Lose Cutler, the team is pretty much fucked.

jakncoke

Banned

drew brees is stupid for diving headfirst into the endzone and jake locker is stupid for not sliding too

when will these quarterbacks learn they're not - under any circumstances - allowed to make the same plays every other ball carrier can make?!

Invalid argument. RB/WR dont throw and can have there shoulder popped back into place and dont have to worry about throwing in pain.

jakncoke

Banned
Thought he looked good! Brought some excitement to the O. He had his good and bad with some of those ints. I thought one the telling stats was that he wasn't sacked at all for the first half or how ever many series it was. I want him in there next game, if anything I think h can be a great long term back up for us.

And lol Cameron is the dude! You were right, but I stop want a new shiny TE. You can need have to many!

100 + rushing yds today too, feels good. Want see what Mcgahee can do with a week of practice. Also I love how we featured Gordon the whole game, got him involved in the run game.

56 of that coming on a fake punt run and wr reverse

edit; I hope Cutler keeps lowering that shoulder, Unleash Josh McCown

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
56 of that coming on a fake punt run and wr reverse

StillCounts.png

Packers gaf- what's you opinion on Franklin's performance today? I didn't watch most of the game.
As a Bears fan, I know good running back performances when I see them.

I grew up as a little kiddie watching the great Walter Payton and my Pa told me all about Gayle Sayers and the greats that my Grampappy told him about too.

And when I look at this John Franklin kid, I says to myself, I says maybe, just maybe, if he works hard enough can he be a 3rd stringer on my Chicago Bears.

Packers gaf- what's you opinion on Franklin's performance today? I didn't watch most of the game.
Surprisingly great apart from his monumental screwup on the 4th and 1 run.

Bengals were exclusively playing the pass and overpersuing like it was cool, but he showed some great vision in finding cutback lanes. Also had a couple plays where he was dead to rights in the backfield and made an unblocked defender miss. Was good catching passes, and ok (not great, but not awful) dealing with the blitz.

Definitely impressive.

cdyhybrid

Hey cdy how was the Reno trip? Did you go check out the Hash House inside Harrah's?

I didn't, I went to the Nevada-Hawaii game and the rest of the time I was gambling with family. Stuck to the Eldorado and Silver Legacy. I'll keep that in mind if I ever go back though :p

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So which 3-0 team this year is the Cardinals of last year? (Cards started 4-0, ended 5-11)

Bears probably.

don't think any team will fall off like that.. but maybe the Chiefs

Doorman

Anyone else getting the feeling that this is just going to be a really weird-ass year in the NFL? I know normally the saying is that you can pick out some good teams that you know are good, some bad teams you know are bad, and the majority are floating in the nebulous 6-to-10 win zone where anybody can beat anybody, but I feel like that middle ground is a lot larger this year than it used to be. If nothing else there's at least a lot of shifting in power going on, with the Giants and Steelers falling off the map, Miami somehow being undefeated, and the Browns trading their best player and starting a third string QB--and winning for it.

Plus, the Lions even won in Washington for the first time in ever. What the hell is going on this year?!

RBs and WRs are considerably more replaceable than QBs. Lose Forte or Marshall you can still have a good season. Lose Cutler, the team is pretty much fucked.

that's a true statement, but if you are subscribing to the notion that a quarterback should never lower their shoulder - even if it's to gain extra yardage on a third and long in a tight primetime game - then you really have to look at it from the perspective of the player and not the spectator. it's called selflessness... in this case putting your body at risk when you normally wouldn't in order to ensure your team has that much better of an opportunity to win a game.

Invalid argument. RB/WR dont throw and can have there shoulder popped back into place and dont have to worry about throwing in pain.

lol invalid argument. if you don't think you're playing in considerable pain with a dislocated shoulder, no matter what position you're playing, you're out of your mind. more often than not, putting you back in the game is actually doing your team a disservice because of your unhealthy state. it's really only when you don't have any confidence in your backups that someone in that situation is going to come back in. funny how you gloss over the mentions of other quarterbacks' running efforts.

any ball carrier is at continuous risk of injury. as stated multiple times, there are situations where even a quarterback could and shoulder deliver a blow. he wasn't lowering his shoulder on a ten yard gain on third and 20, he was picking up a first down. i guess us bears fans are lucky our quarterback doesn't have the jakncoke/godslay mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom