• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Catchin up on some games from yesterday

Love this clean hit:

That hit had Douglas ready to take a Peoples Elbow or a Hogan Legdrop it seems. Dudes got a future in the WWE.

peoplesslideminiopt.gif

harSon

Banned
Anyway, thoughts on the game.

I feel better about this loss. Interior o-line is improving - Decastro probably had his best game last night. Really managed to spring some runs, decent in pass pro.

There is a competition for Larry Foote's vacated Buck spot. After last night I think the competition is over. Vince Williams won. He had the majority of the snaps and managed to be a force. Shy of the Matt Forte run (which i'll get to) Steelers were stout and blowing up plays in the backfield.

...But for that run. I said it before but Ryan Clark already has one foot out the door. He's missing far too many tackles. Probably dreaming about that ESPN analyst job waiting for him. It's good that Golden is getting snaps.

Woodley is going to have a big season no matter how shit the Steelers end up being. I don't know what finally spurred him to get in shape but it's paying dividends on the field.

William Gay has one of the best players on the field this season. Weird huh?

Regardless of the fact that I think you're borderline insane with this comment, the game may have had a different feel if Gay had gone for the tackle instead of the worst attempt at stripping the ball that the sport has ever seen.

ku-xlarge.gif

Eli doing his best Brett Favre impersonation.

The Giants RG and RT were completely overmatched with Davis coming off the edge and Johnson pressing through the middle.

Regardless of the fact that I think you're borderline insane with this comment, the game may have had a different feel if Gay had gone for the tackle instead of the worst attempt at stripping the ball that the sport has ever seen.

Forte would have gotten 47 yards instead of 55. Big deal.

Gay also did force a turnover, but like the one in week 1 it bounced right back into the offense's hands.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I feel better about this loss. Interior o-line is improving - Decastro probably had his best game last night. Really managed to spring some runs, decent in pass pro.

There is a competition for Larry Foote's vacated Buck spot. After last night I think the competition is over. Vince Williams won. He had the majority of the snaps and managed to be a force. Shy of the Matt Forte run (which i'll get to) Steelers were stout and blowing up plays in the backfield.

...But for that run. I said it before but Ryan Clark already has one foot out the door. He's missing far too many tackles. Probably dreaming about that ESPN analyst job waiting for him. It's good that Golden is getting snaps.

Woodley is going to have a big season no matter how shit the Steelers end up being. I don't know what finally spurred him to get in shape but it's paying dividends on the field.

Gay is good at coming up to stop the run. But take a look at his play on the aforementioned Forte run. Should have tackled him, but went for the strip and didn't even slow him down.

e - At least 15, maybe 20 extra yards.

BigAT

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/190yytdtwckxhgif/ku-xlarge.gif[img]

Eli doing his best Brett Favre impersonation.

The Giants RG and RT were completely overmatched with Davis coming off the edge and Johnson pressing through the middle.[/QUOTE]

Beatty (their LT) had the worst game of his career yesterday.

Gay is good at coming up to stop the run. But take a look at his play on the aforementioned Forte run. Should have tackled him, but went for the strip and didn't even slow him down.

See I can't blame Gay for that. He was in the perfect position to go for the ball, not so much to make the tackle. Also A tackle still has Forte deep in Steelers territory.

I watched the Ravens Texans game on and off yesterday and it looked like the Ravens were just jumping all the short routes and daring Schuab to go deep. Not sure what Kubiak can do to fix that. The QB is a statue, cant or wont go deep, and forces throws into coverage. They really should have given TJ a look in the 2nd half of that game once it was clear that Schaub couldnt score against the terrible Ravens D.

effzee

I think Giants just need to shorten their routes. They are such a prolific deep ball team that sometimes they don't realize it takes time for those WRs to get deep and for the plays the develop.

If you are facing a great pass rush plus your own line can't block, get the ball out on some WR screens or short crossing routes.

Speaking of crossing routes...Eagles D have made Eddie Royal and Donnie Avery look like probowl WRs in back to back game. This pass D is terrible.

Seriously anyone who has any Denver offensive player on your fantasy team...start them next week. Welker, Julius Thomas, and all other skill position players will have career days next Sunday.

harSon

Banned
At least kap has won a game this year you stupid ass biiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

You can't rain on my parade! We're aiming for that #1 and 33 draft pick, and I've got memories of SB victorie(s) from the last decade to tide me over until we rule the league once more. The last time the Niners won a Super Bowl, Sega was relevant in the console race. Just sayin'

Enjoy your wife beating head coach and midget headed choke artist of a QB!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
See I can't blame Gay for that. He was in the perfect position to go for the ball, not so much to make the tackle. Also A tackle still has Forte deep in Steelers territory.

All he had to do was bring his arm down, rather than up. Then he can go for a strip and make a tackle. Instead he got nothing. In the end, it's meaningless, but it was still a dumb play.

Smokey

I watched the Ravens Texans game on and off yesterday and it looked like the Ravens were just jumping all the short routes and daring Schuab to go deep. Not sure what Kubiak can do to fix that. The QB is a statue, cant or wont go deep, and forces throws into coverage. They really should have given TJ a look in the 2nd half of that game once it was clear that Schaub couldnt score against the terrible Ravens D.

Throw the ball deep? Kubiak isn't calling plays that go down field and even then schaub the won't throw it. I'm serious when I say the jags may have scored more against Seahawks then the texans will this Sunday.

cdyhybrid

Throw the ball deep? Kubiak isn't calling plays that go down field and even then schaub the won't throw it. I'm serious when I say the jags may have scored more against Seahawks then the texans will this Sunday.

Was Andre out with his injury or is he just too old to be a deep threat anymore?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Was Andre out with his injury or is he just too old to be a deep threat anymore?

he only played a handful of plays after taking a knee to the side of his shin just below his knee. Shit looked like it hurt.

He is still a deep threat, you only need to look to last year for that, had the second most yards he had ever had.

cdyhybrid

He was hurt by halftime. But the rookie Deandre Hopkins is more than capable of going deep and snatching it out of the air.

he only played a handful of plays after taking a knee to the side of his shin just below his knee. Shit looked like it hurt.

He is still a deep threat, you only need to look to last year for that, had the second most yards he had ever had.

I see, what's his prognosis for the game against Seattle?

LevelNth

Banned
So Schefty is saying the Browns have received at least one offer for Gordon, so it looks like that's going to happen. I really hope the Niners are in on it, we need the help desperately, and we have plenty of pot heads already on the team that Josh will get along with.

jmdajr

My favorite move is when Andre runs back to catch an under thrown pass.

effzee

I like how MJD had his best fantasy game of the season against the Seahawks. Dude can go drown in a pool of dicks.

MJD, Lamar Miller, and Monte Ball were supposed to be my saviors. Each has cost me a win the first three weeks.

I can't make many moves now. In a 14 players league. Nothing left to pick up.

Godslay

Banned
Lots of 9er hate going on in this thread. I guess it's fun to hate on a good team that's down on it's luck.

Sunday was definitely ugly, but I think once the team settles into a new identity, Kap steps it up a bit, and Crabtree comes back, the team could be very dangerous again. They might have to go in as a wildcard, but they will be in the dance.

Thats what you get when you sucked for 10 years then a horde come in like devo and such and run rampant also fmt can be a insufferable bastard although since being married his ball sack is firmly in his misses purse and no long we get epic posts.

Nail meet head.

So Schefty is saying the Browns have received at least one offer for Gordon, so it looks like that's going to happen. I really hope the Niners are in on it, we need the help desperately, and we have plenty of pot heads already on the team that Josh will get along with.

An offer doesn't imply a deal.

This is for you Tabris:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/manning-documentary-peyton-eli-cooper-archie-espn/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

jmdajr

MJD, Lamar Miller, and Monte Ball were supposed to be my saviors. Each has cost me a win the first three weeks.

I can't make many moves now. In a 14 players league. Nothing left to pick up.

LoL. F the rankings and ownership. I should have drafted..well.. anyone else really.

There were some things to like, but it's frustrating to see Ben play like such hot garbage and negate the positives that were gleamed from that game. Agree about Clark, he's on his last legs. Frankly, with all his talking, I'll be glad to see him go. I surely hope that when they get to about their 5th or 6th loss, which I'm expecting sooner rather than later, that Tomlin throws all the young/new guys out there much more often and lets them learn: Wheaton, Moye, Thomas, Fangupo and whoever else. There's no point to letting them watch older guys go through the motions of a directionless season.

cdyhybrid

he's going in for an MRI, assuming there's no damage, its just a bruise so i would imagine he would play. But they haven't said anything.

Interesting. Trying to figure out who Pete will have covering who. Does Andre typically play on the right side or left side of the offense?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

And Chud this morning said there are no plans to trade Josh Gordon.

I take this more as the offer was not significant enough to warrant us even thinking of trading Gordon. I hope it stays that way, as I believe it was Squicken said if they end up trading Gordon they pretty much confirm to everyone they are tanking the season which won't go over well with the locker room or the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom