• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

That's some scary stuff man. I think in the future, they might make it illegal to pick up a teammate if he's not able to stretch out his hands for help.

Figured it was it for the season. Then again I think that's it for the season anytime he gets hit. Austin Collie ruined me in this regard!

He is going to be hard. Pats did offer him a multi-year deal but he wanted another 1 yr deal.

He wants to get seriously paid and I'm not sure personality wise how he'll respond to a big deal like that, but I would be bummed if they don't try it again. If he shows to that he can keep playing like this he deserves a new deal, an elite CB is hard to find.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that at all really. I know they've played shit offenses so far but it's encouraging to see the defense back up the offense for once

They are limiting the big plays and the mistakes, that's encouraging at least. Gonna be interesting to see the next game.

He's gambling on himself to get paid and it's so far he's winning. I see him hitting free agency with the Pats getting first dibs.

If he chooses a massive deal with the Raiders next season instead of an okay deal with us, that would show how he approaches the game and why he's playing it.

bionic77

demv1t.gif

demv60.gif

I don't normally buy the "chip on your shoulder" crap but Dwyer (#27) really showed some fire last night. Guess getting no interest from any team spooked him.
Fuck him.

If it takes getting cut and almost thrown out of the league to get a guy to play at the intensity it takes to make blocks and blitz pickups then he probably doesn't belong in the league.

Colasante

Why the Giants?

I can just envision it. Giants desperately need better linebackers and I can see Boston radio going nuts on Belichick for being 'cheap' and letting Spikes go to a rival team.

If he chooses a massive deal with the Raiders next season instead of an okay deal with us, that would show how he approaches the game and why he's playing it.

I'm not totally worried about Talib getting a deal the Patriots refuse to match because of the combination of his off-field issues, the depressed market for cornerbacks this offseason, and the large number of free agent corners in next year's market. In addition Talib, I think guys like DRC, Brent Grimes, Tillman and Jennings from the Bears, Sam Shields, and most of the 49ers' CBs are all unrestricted free agents.

Seanspeed

Banned
They are limiting the big plays and the mistakes, that's encouraging at least. Gonna be interesting to see the next game.
Watching tape, it seems they've really focused on defending the big plays, where they got burned a lot last year on. I see the CB's letting a lot of stuff fly underneath in order to protect being beaten on long bombs.

I am mad but we really need to start cutting the dead weight.

The team has definitely taken steps to get Ben in line but it should be the whole team, including the coaches.

We already started - last season. Harrison, Hampton, Starks, Colon.

Dwyer's only back with the team because of depth.

If you want to be mad at a running back, I suggest Redman.Has not shown anything worth getting excited for even once this young season.

squicken

I'll say this for Jeff Ireland: He made the right call on Jake Long, and Ross lucked into Philbin over Fisher. They are well set up there but I'm not sure they are legit playoff contenders this year. Not sure they can just pencil in 4 wins from the Jets and Bills

Mindlog

Whc6JBH.jpg

Yaz had this to note: http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/613/josh-freeman-not-in-good-company
In Sunday’s loss to New England, Freeman completed 13 of 32 passes (40.6 percent) against four or fewer pass-rushers. Through three games, Freeman has completed a league-worst 40.7 percent of his passes in those situations.

Since the start of the 2006 season, which is as far back as current tracking data exists, the lowest completion percentage by a quarterback against four or fewer pass-rushers for a full season was 51 percent by JaMarcus Russell in 2009.
That's my Quarterback. Out there shattering records.

gobucs

BigAT

Thiught Ahmad Bradshaw played that way yesterday. I know it was just the Niners but he looked like a man pissed Trent came over.

His grandmother also died, he said he was playing for her.

I was glad to see Bradshaw have success yesterday. The guy certainly deserves it.

jakncoke

Banned
We already started - last season. Harrison, Hampton, Starks, Colon.

Dwyer's only back with the team because of depth.

If you want to be mad at a running back, I suggest Redman.Has not shown anything worth getting excited for even once this young season.

How bout that poor excuse for a block on that fumble td in the 4th

ToxicAdam

Sorry if this has been posted:

Rashad Johnson experienced the most graphic injury of Week 3.

We’ll allow the Arizona Republic’s Kent Somers to share the grisly details …

S rashad Johnson lost top of right middle finger Sunday. Took glove off and finger was still in—
Kent Somers (@kentsomers) September 23, 2013

Johnson’s injury happened on a punt return, tackling sproles. Not sure what happened, might have smashed in ground. #AZCardinals — Kent Somers (@kentsomers) September 23, 2013

Should be his left middle ginger for Johnson. Sorry. It’s early — Kent Somers (@kentsomers) September 23, 2013

Drs shaved bone on Johnson’s finger and repaired. Lost about down to first knuckle
— Kent Somers (@kentsomers) September 23, 2013

Can't imagine taking off your glove and part of your finger is still in it. aiiigghh..

bionic77

Didn't one off Eznark his family members do that as well? You Americans and your power tools.
Pretty sure that eznark cut off his father in laws finger when he showed up at his house with a Bears jersey on or whatever the hell sets him off.

Technically you are right that it was the power tool that cut off the finger, but I believe eznark was the guy who turned it on.

Yeah, it's the perfect formula for a trap game, but I don't think my brain can even process the basic concept of Terrelle Pryor beating Peyton Manning.

It's not an impossible game. Raiders actually hung with the Broncos for the 1st half in both games last season before falling apart in the 2nd half. Well actually the 2nd game the Broncos only won 26-13, probably weren't giving full effort though. But even with our atrocious D last year, we kept Peyton on his toes through the first half of both games, just need to continue to do it through the 2nd half tonight. With Clady being out, Peyton is gonna be pressured and despite popular opinion his game does falter, specifically when being pressured from his blind side. But he's gonna make plays and move the ball, that's a fact. We just have to try to limit the big ones and take a bend, not break approach on Defense.

On offense we can grind it out and eat up a lot of clock while keeping Peyton off the field. This is the first running QB and option offense they have faced, so it's gonna be a test for their defense as well. It's gonna be a closer game than people think. I'm not gonna say that we will win it, but I think we'll make it a game at the very least with a chance to come away with a win.

jakncoke

Banned
Pretty sure that eznark cut off his father in laws finger when he showed up at his house with a Bears jersey on or whatever the hell sets him off.

Technically you are right that it was the power tool that cut off the finger, but I believe eznark was the guy who turned it on.

:me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom