• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really fun watching the pats offense improve. It's not always pretty but I'm enjoying this season. Pats defense has also showed some improvement. They won't be able to stop better QBs/offenses. At least they aren't as terrible as they were the last few seasons. Good session so far. Edelman has been awesome so far.
You beat a pair of rookies and a QB who is breaking records for incompetence. The Steelers and Giants would also be 3-0 right now if they had your schedule. Think about that.

Fox318

ishXpnDqHhMzM.gif

Seanspeed

Banned
Tennessee is definitely the surprise team so far. 2-1 with the only loss being in OT.

Chiefs are also a surprise threat, I think. And Eagles.

And I know they're being written off, but I thought both Geno Smith and EJ Manuel looked damn competent. Smith at least as good as Sanchez would have been and Manuel better than the Bills have had for a while.

Colasante

You beat a pair of rookies and a QB who is breaking records for incompetence. The Steelers and Giants would also be 3-0 right now if they had your schedule. Think about that.

The Giants couldn't score a single point against an already terrible Panthers' secondary missing key starters. What makes you think they'd suddenly awaken against the Jets or Bucs? Teams can only play the teams they're scheduled against, and the Patriots have looked more impressive than the Steelers or Giants in three straight weeks. I don't know if that will continue, but to dismiss it because of the competition is foolish.

Chiefs are also a surprise threat, I think.

I've been most impressed with the Titans and Chargers so far this season. I thought both would be bottom five teams and both teams could easily be 3-0 right now. The Chiefs' defense is really impressive but I don't think they'll be a legitimate contender until Alex Smith starts playing like a real quarterback.

Sappy113

I'll say this for Jeff Ireland: He made the right call on Jake Long, and Ross lucked into Philbin over Fisher. They are well set up there but I'm not sure they are legit playoff contenders this year. Not sure they can just pencil in 4 wins from the Jets and Bills

IIRC, Ireland made a hard push to resign Long at the end of that whole saga. By then it seemed his mind was made up, but let's not pretend Miami had no interest at all in bringing back Long.

Besides, and as shitty as Long played yesterday, 3 games is still a ridiculously low amount of games to make any kind of final conclusions on.

Might be right about Fisher/Philbin, though. Though that could go both ways as well, for both of those coaches.

Rivera on the Giants game:

bwU4r.gif

I'm glad Rivera discovered one of the central tenets of this whole winning football games thing two years into his head coaching career.

This win bought him another month or so, but he's not off the hot seat yet. They've got 4 pretty winnable games following this bye (at Arizona and Minnesota, home against the Rams, and then at Tampa) before they have to go through a tough stretch with games at home against Atlanta, at Candlestick (though the Niners may not be who we thought they were in a bad way), the Pats at home on MNF and then at the Dolphins (who also may not be who we thought they were, but in a good way)

Godslay

Banned
It's not an impossible game. Raiders actually hung with the Broncos for the 1st half in both games last season before falling apart in the 2nd half. Well actually the 2nd game the Broncos only won 26-13, probably weren't giving full effort though. But even with our atrocious D last year, we kept Peyton on his toes through the first half of both games, just need to continue to do it through the 2nd half tonight. With Clady being out, Peyton is gonna be pressured and despite popular opinion his game does falter, specifically when being pressured from his blind side. But he's gonna make plays and move the ball, that's a fact. We just have to try to limit the big ones and take a bend, not break approach on Defense.

On offense we can grind it out and eat up a lot of clock while keeping Peyton off the field. This is the first running QB and option offense they have faced, so it's gonna be a test for their defense as well. It's gonna be a closer game than people think. I'm not gonna say that we will win it, but I think we'll make it a game at the very least with a chance to come away with a win.

This is all I disagree with. Clark will get help. But you guys have been pulling some interesting blitzes, (which Allen has always done a good job with), so it might negate any protection that is provided via TE and RB. Divisional game, so anything can happen. All it takes is the Raiders to come out and bully Denver, and it could very well turn out differently than most imagine. I'm not going to underestimate them.

The one thing I'm going to watch is how fast the Denver offense comes out in the first. Been a point of contention for Peyton and Gase, so I want to see what adjustments they make. Should be a fun game.

I can just envision it. Giants desperately need better linebackers and I can see Boston radio going nuts on Belichick for being 'cheap' and letting Spikes go to a rival team.

I'm not totally worried about Talib getting a deal the Patriots refuse to match because of the combination of his off-field issues, the depressed market for cornerbacks this offseason, and the large number of free agent corners in next year's market. In addition Talib, I think guys like DRC, Brent Grimes, Tillman and Jennings from the Bears, Sam Shields, and most of the 49ers' CBs are all unrestricted free agents.

I love the way the guy plays, he brings a fire to the D. But he's a little crazy off the field, the not working out with the team in the summer and well he's a 2 down back and always a liability against the pass. With Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Nink, Fletcher and Bernardaise from Rutgers we have some solid guys and some depth, so yeah, he'll probably be gone.

Hope you're right about Talib.

jmdajr

No matter how bad it gets this season, at least it will NEVER* be Astros bad.

The Texans’ loss at Baltimore was seen by an average audience of 23 percent of Houston’s 2.28 million TV households, or about 526,553 households, on KHOU (Channel 11).

And the Astros’ noon game at Cleveland on Comcast SportsNet Houston?

0.00 Nielsen rating, with an average audience of zero households.

For the first time in the Astros’ history as one of the first Major League Baseball teams to distribute their games over cable, they played a game Sunday afternoon and, according to Nielsen, nobody watched.

lol

*until they sell the team

MechDX

Quick question for Texans GAF: Kubiak says he will make a QB change but there is only one catch. It will be this guy:

Or no one. Do you do it?

As much as I cant believe I am saying it: Yes! I think the kid would kill his own mother to play at this point and he can at least run.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Quick question for Texans GAF: Kubiak says he will make a QB change but there is only one catch. It will be this guy:

Or no one. Do you do it?

As much as I cant believe I am saying it: Yes! I think the kid would kill his own mother to play at this point and he can at least run.

no, and fuck you for even suggesting it.

cdyhybrid

Or no one. Do you do it?

All he does is win games!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Or no one. Do you do it?

Ben for Yates, straight up.

eznark

Banned
Ross cut, good. It wasn't even the fumbles that bothered me he was just too stupid to know when to bring the ball out and when to take a knee. Interested to see who the Packers put back there now. My vote is for Franklin!

Don't think week 3 could have gone any worse for us. First and foremost, my greatest sympathies and condolences to our NT Dan Williams who lost his father in a car accident while he was on his way to NO to watch his son play :( His mother is still in the hospital...

As for the game, we lost two OLBs for the season and the better of our two safeties lost the upper portion of his middle finger (wtf?). Winston also was injured... We were struggling for a pass rush as is and now we have lost two bodies. Somehow Johnson is day to day despite his freak finger incident but if he misses time, I imagine honey badger will fully move to S.

Our offense started out smooth the first drive and looked crisp. It all went to shit after that. Our OL got us murdered and I expect them to lose us most of our games this season. Winston was trash and then got injured to boot. Brown blew as he always does...sigh Palmer was fine until he started get hit and then my fear was realized, that he lost composure after not being able to trust the line. Still better than last year, but we aren't going to win shit if the OL keeps playing like this. We also abandoned the run game far too early, it's frustrating.

Defense was doing fine until they were gassed from being on the field what must have been over 90 percent of the game. The offense just would not let them rest and then they started getting sloppy. Graham abused us as I knew he would without D Wash. Poor honey badger is a whole freakin foot shorter than Graham, no way he was going to contain him. Graham is a beast anyway that creates match up problems for every team. Just one more game without D Wash, just one more!

Only highlights are Ellington continuing to display that he's a viable weapon and honey badger continues to make plays. First pick in the NFL is on the books. Peterson also kept Colston very quiet. Oh, and the run defense continued to impress though NO doesn't have much of a rush attack anyway. We'll have a better test against Doug Martin. I should also give a shout out to the front line and Dockett finally showing up with 3 recorded sacks. It was against a rookie though so I'm not going to pat his back too much.

We now move on to a game we could potentially win even with this line, Bucs looking like bottom feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom