• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsayer

niner fans complaining about the sound in seattle lol

http://deadspin.com/49ers-fans-write-letter-asking-that-seattle-fans-stop-b-1342037234

original.jpg

This can't be real, right?

We are not all like this, I swear. :(

Chud is a great offensive mind Browns fans, I think Norv may be the real problem...

squicken

Mmmm, you know I love seeing this.

SI.com's power rankings has Titans 15, Colts 16, Rams 17

Aint it the truth. Have fun with that contract, Fish!

Awful game. Validated everything about him out of TEN. Atlanta banged him at the line with LBs then passed him off to safeties. He quit on routes. He can't run block but it's dumb to think he ever was going to be good at it. He has no interest in it. A very lazy game.

That said, he is a unique talent and his presence opened up a lot of shallow crosses for Givens. Probably tried to force him the ball too much. 1 catch on 6 targets. Talent is there for a pick your poison offense. As bad as Bustford is, it was 24-17 with 12 minutes left. 31-24 with 2:20 left. They never could have come back last year, even with Smith's love of soft coverage with leads

ChanHuk

Banned
Ryan Clady to season ending IR. He must have a full on Lisfranc injury rather than partial tear. Hopefully he can recover, the last two stars that had Lisfranc never played the same. MJD and Darren McFadden come to mind.

Peyton has also demonstrated that he doesn't need an O Line to be successful. Remember Tony Ugoh?

KingGondo

Banned
It's insane. How can you give up 51 pressures in 2 games?! Sure part of it is play calling and maybe Weeden holding the ball too long, but FIFTY ONE ?!
It's a perfect
shit
storm.

Gordon is hurt, the rest of the receivers suck, the O-line is terrible without Lauvao and Pinkston, there's no credible threat of the run (since the run-blocking is horrible too) and Weeden is often pressured/hit/sacked before the receivers have a chance to get open. He might hold onto the ball for too long sometimes, but the line has been collapsing within 2-2.5 seconds. They've also played two teams with a good pass rush, but it's not like that's gonna get easier when they play Cincy and some of the other teams on their schedule.

When I said the O-line has been historically bad, I meant it. Gordon might help some, but I have my doubts. His primary asset is his ability to stretch the field, but if the pass protection is still awful he won't have time to get open.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Antonio Brown "confronted" OC Todd Haley during Monday night's loss to the Bengals and "angrily complained" he wasn't getting the ball enough.
I also saw him talking to Ben alot on the sidelines. It's kinda hard to get the ball when you aren't getting a ton of separation and the line is getting Ben killed. Still dunno why they don't play Markus Wheaton in 3 WR sets.

Hunter S.

Been busy at work, and I'm sure it's been posted but Clady is out for the season. Having surgery, and we signed Winston Justice? Big blow, but the team is just going to have to carry on. So I wonder if Clark gets the start over Justice? Justice actually is a pretty good pass-protector from what I've read.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...ats-Next/9fbf5579-a0a0-4d9b-889d-f259165bce6d

The best anwser anyone will get. I will not speculate much. For Raider fans mostly, as I am sure you already visit the official Broncos site.

I really hope Champ comes back, but after Clady and the easy schedule next week; I am sure the Broncos will not hurry the future Hall of Famer.

Futurevoid, what do you think about Giants and Kerry Rhodes? I know Will "The Thrill" Hill is coming back soon but Rhodes played great last year. Why not sign him and move Rolle up closer to the line in the 3 Safety look?

Futurevoid, what you you think about Giants and Kerry Rhodes? I know Will "The Thrill" Hill is coming back soon but Rhodes played great last year. Why not sign him and move Rolle up closer to the line in the 3 Safety look?
I'm fine with it if he's willing to come in for vet minimum. Hill is a body so I couldn't care less about losing him considering his marijuana issues. Personally? That's not fixing the issues we have which are primarily along the offensive line and the complete lack of a pass rush, IMO.

Tuck has been fantastic through two games but I think it's time to get the young guys involved a bit. Moore was active and took one snap. JPP isn't healthy and it shows.:(

I'm fine with it if he's willing to come in for vet minimum. Hill is a body so I couldn't care less about losing him considering his marijuana issues. Personally? That's not fixing the issues we have which are primarily along the offensive line and the complete lack of a pass rush, IMO.

Tuck has been fantastic through two games but I think it's time to get the young guys involved a bit. Moore was active and took one snap. JPP isn't healthy and it shows.:(
I was thinking shoring up the back end minimalizes the fact Giants don't have a all around LB and they're improve coverage in both areas. It'd lead to more coverage pressure from the front line with the QBs having to hold on to the ball a bit longer.

But yeah, it's time for the DaMonster and I think Jason Pierre-Paul just needs to sit and rehab a bit. You can't play him so many plays if he's nowhere near 100%, he looked bad in the Denver game.

Hunter S.

Holy shit, already prophesying Broncos going undefeated. Hope his neck doesn't fall off before the end of the season.

Not to worry too much after a fracture or break the bone usually heals stronger then before in the break area. 3 sacks in two games so far. All done by Baltimore.

Dude you know they do this to create stories that are interesting. We have the Chiefs twice and we all know how they are spoilers.

squicken

There's an Insider piece on Tannehill's day vs the Colts and his progress as a QB

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=289

In light of his early success in 2013 it's surprising to see Tannehill's Total QBR score through two games (52.7) hovering about where it was during his 2012 rookie season (50.4) -- right around the 50-point average on a 100-point scale. There is one primary reason for the lag, and the Dolphins are well aware of it. They are coaching to this specific point and saw positive results on the 34-yard pass to Wallace against the Colts.

Overall, Tannehill completed 23 of 34 passes (67.6 percent) for 319 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions against the Colts. He averaged 9.4 yards per attempt. But with five sacks and three fumbles, including one fumble the Colts recovered, Tannehill emerged from a rewarding victory with a below-average 44.4 QBR score. At first glance, Tannehill could have used better pass protection against the Colts' outside rushers. But any coach will tell you that avoiding sacks isn't just about creating the perfect offensive line. Quarterbacks must help out their blockers by stepping up in the pocket when the outside rushers reach target depths. Tannehill did this well when finding Wallace for the pivotal 34-yard reception. He erred in this aspect earlier in the game, with costly results.

It happened on consecutive drives to open the third quarter, first when Tannehill dropped back on third-and-10. Running back Lamar Miller was able to push linebacker Jerrell Freeman just past the pocket, but Freeman reached back for the football, knocking it loose as Tannehill tried to throw. The Colts recovered. Later, the Colts' Robert Mathis forced a Tannehill fumble when he got around right tackle Tyson Clabo. Clabo was not blameless, but if Tannehill had stepped up in the pocket, Mathis might not have reached him so easily.

Win-probability models built on 10 years of play-by-play data showed the lost fumble dropping the Dolphins' chances of victory 7.8 percentage points to 36.6 percent. Erasing that play from Tannehill's ledger pumps up his QBR score for the game from 44.4 to 55.6, according to Hank Gargiulo of ESPN Stats & Information. Erasing all three fumbles attributed to Tannehill brings the QBR score to 72.1, which would have been sixth-best in the NFL for Week 2. Of course, every quarterback would like to selectively delete bad plays. In this case, Tannehill's position coach, Zac Taylor, consulted with Tannehill on the sideline to make sure the quarterback got the message about climbing the pocket. Tannehill did, and the Dolphins won largely as a result.

"He improved in all the things you want to see," the coach said. "He was more poised, more decisive, more accurate in the intermediate to deep passes. Three times, he threaded it. One was on a seam. Another was a bootleg when a safety came down and crunched him. Another was on a blitz. His strength is he is not afraid on those inside throws to thread the needle, and he is able to do it."

The defensive coach said he thought Sherman "babysat" Tannehill with a conservative plan in the opener at Cleveland before becoming much more aggressive against the Colts. Every game is different, of course. The Dolphins needed more points to beat the Colts than they needed to beat the Browns. We should remember, too, that this offense remains in transition. Tannehill lost an important target when tight end Dustin Keller suffered a season-ending knee injury. Wallace and slot receiver Brandon Gibson are new this year. Fullback Tyler Clutts arrived from the Houston Texans via waivers on Sept. 1.

Wallace brings deep speed, but feeding the ball to him on vertical routes has not been an overriding priority. The thinking is that Tannehill cannot buy additional time for Wallace the way Ben Roethlisberger could when Wallace played for the Pittsburgh Steelers. A wider range of routes might be necessary.

"That was unique to Roethlisberger," Sherman said. "There is no one like him at extending plays, and Mike has benefited from that. We are working with Mike on his route running -- curls, digs, comebacks and slants. He still has an opportunity to run go routes. We hit him on the double move."

Wallace is averaging 13.0 yards per reception, about the same as he averaged with Pittsburgh last season. Tannehill has averaged 15.6 air yards per attempt when throwing to Wallace. That is higher than Roethlisberger's mark when targeting Wallace over the past two seasons.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't post in the NFL thread often, but when I do, its to remind people that we should've just kept rolling with Jimmy Clausen

There's an Insider piece on Tannehill's day vs the Colts and his progress as a QB

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=289
I saw only the part us peasants have access to earlier, thanks for posting the entire thing! I mentioned the same thing about Tannehill's movement in the pocket earlier this week.

His pocket presence was the one area he looked a little shaky in at times. I feel like there was a sack or two he could have avoided by stepping up, but overall he looked decent in that area as well, especially on the long pass to Wallace in the 3rd quarter when he stepped away from a potential Mathis sack.
If Tannehill is able to develop to the point where he is even say, 70% as good as Ben (arbitrary I know, but whatever) at avoiding sacks he could turn into something special. He has the physical tools it seems, just doesn't quite have the mental part down. It's either that or he needs to get rid of the ball faster on 3rd downs and blitzes and get a better o-line (which is needed regardless, I suppose).

The fumble stuff is over-emphasized for the sake of justifying QBR, if you ask me. The one he lost was a close call that could have gone either way (and in my opinion shouldn't have been a fumble) and another was a bobbled snap that was easily recovered. It wasn't like he was running around not protecting the ball or something.

The bit about Wallace is very interesting. I'm continuing to believe that Wallace being a "one-trick pony" had as much or more to do with Tomlin and co. than anything.

We must not be watching the same plays. I've seen him drag the pile a crapload this season but at the same time he's also getting hit behind the line of scrimmage on a lot of his runs. But still he needs to be better no matter how bad the O-line is playing.

What I saw whas a guy picked 3rd overall not doing much of anything to justify it. I get that your o-line sucks but dude, join the club. Running backs have to make do.

I watched Browns Ravens for a half and the whole time I was waiting to see something, anything to show that Richardson was the real deal. Nothing. His career stats so far don't help.

I'm not damning the guy, just telling you what I saw.

Hunter S.

Thought I would comment on the Clady injury. I think it is probably bad because the area of the injury has little blood flow to it that normally causes quick healing. I know when I broke my foot on a job and had to have surgery because the area has little blood flow and takes a long time to heal. A long time to have to wear a cast followed by a long time for physical therapy to restrengthen the bones and muscles. Thankfully, foot injuries often still allow bike stationary exercise and a lot of weight lifting can still be done during healing.

bionic77

Did anyone upgrade to iOS7 yet?

I am going to try to do it when I go home but I expect to be met with melting servers and overall failure.

I am going to try to do it when I go home but I expect to be met with melting servers and overall failure.

Apperently I'm one iTunes update behind and I need that first to download iOS7...

I have internet via fiber optics which should download at 100 MB/s. Yet a 1 gig update for iTunes estimates to take 6 hours...

Fantomex

I need to take all my pictures and videos off to clear up space first. It better be awesome.

Same here Phin bro. But I might just go to Wal-Mart and lunchbox a 5s this friday, still deciding.

Have you guys been to the OT lately? Gaf is giving advice on dating strippers. Oh wait, "Dancers".
comeon.png

brentech

Seems my wife wants the 5s, so won't bother updating. Will just pick up new phone when we get the chance.
I ain't dumb enough to wait in line all day, so maybe when we get back from our little trip.

I'm so sorry Bowser, but :jnc. That is good stuff.

Same here Phin bro. But I might just go to Wal-Mart and lunchbox a 5s this friday, still deciding.

Have you guys been to the OT lately? Gaf is giving advice on dating strippers. Oh wait, "Dancers".
Why does that not surprise me? I would say GTA V effect but this is GAF OT we're talking about so it's more like just another Wednesday.

Literally just finished doing so about 5 minutes ago. Took about 6 tries after the initial download to get the update to go. Took about an hour and half total.

iTunes Radio is nice.

Conversely the Giants had two players miss practice. Everyone else participated.

....and watch us lose.:jnc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom