• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
I thought they had some good D?

I amend my comment. Brown offensive skilled positions is terrible and also fuck the Browns.

7fnxyaE.png

Bowser

We must not be watching the same plays. I've seen him drag the pile a crapload this season but at the same time he's also getting hit behind the line of scrimmage on a lot of his runs. But still he needs to be better no matter how bad the O-line is playing.

Yup our third string moved up to 2nd string through a ton of injuries.

Really how things have been through the first two games, Trent should easily have 20+ rushes each game instead of 13 and 18. We've been close in both the games up until the 4th.

Me trying to justify it the only thing I can think of for why this is happening is they want him to get through the season and are gradually building up his touches, but that sounds stupid when you're in a close game and absolutely abandoning the run.

Also doesn't help that Chud seems to be from the Pat Shurmur school of running, it seems almost anytime Trent is set to get the ball it's a run up the middle, very rarely is it designed for him to hit the outside.

Only difference I can see between Shurmur's offense and Chud's so far is we actually throw the ball 10 yards further down the field, otherwise it's the same shit.

But again this is the week to really see what's going on here with Josh Gordon back. My smile might be gone after Sunday.

Chud is the HC version of the "Rex Grossman Fuck it, I'm Going Deep - Release the Dragon" decal

squicken

8-8 AFC South champs. Will be knocked out of the playoffs first round by the Chiefs!

Hopkins being legit and Cushing back for HOU is huge. They stay healthy and they can beat anyone if Schoob gets hot. They'll need Coach Reed to get healthy for the playoffs of course

If Painter was back at QB this Colts team would be 3-13. I think Luck can get them to 7-9. 8-8 would be incredible

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This also assumes that Hoyer will be able to get the ball to Gordon.

I guess we'll see.

I just imagine you watching the game Sunday with your arms crossed and your brow furrowed. Only cracking a smile anytime Hoyer gets sacked or throws an INT.

Bowser

Agree that Rivera sucks but no coach is going to win with that team as currently constructed.

2-14 in games decided by a TD or less suggests otherwise.

We have been blown out in exactly 4 (of 34) games since 2011: TEN at home (3-30), @NO (17-45), NYG at home (7-36), DEN at home (14-36). Every other loss has been within 2 TDs.

Godslay

Banned
Been busy at work, and I'm sure it's been posted but Clady is out for the season. Having surgery, and we signed Winston Justice? Big blow, but the team is just going to have to carry on. So I wonder if Clark gets the start over Justice? Justice actually is a pretty good pass-protector from what I've read.

Crisco

Banned
Agree that Rivera sucks but no coach is going to win with that team as currently constructed.

Win what? A Super Bowl? Agreed, hell no. Shit receiving corp, secondary, and offensive line. Win at least half of games decided by a touchdown or less? Absolutely.

Bowser

Been busy at work, and I'm sure it's been posted but Clady is out for the season. Having surgery, and we signed Winston Justice? Big blow, but the team is just going to have to carry on. So I wonder if Clark gets the start over Justice? Justice actually is a pretty good pass-protector from what I've read.

All anyone knows of Winston Justice is that he once gave up 6 (SIX) sacks to Osi:

The Giants defensive end had the rookie tackle's head spinning in an late-September game against the Eagles, brushing past his feeble attempts at one-on-one pass protection six times for sacks.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...tice-tries-to-erase-memories-of-osi-1.1558496

KingGondo

Banned
I just imagine you watching the game Sunday with your arms crossed and your brow furrowed. Only cracking a smile anytime Hoyer gets sacked or throws an INT.
Nah, I'm still rooting for the Browns.

I just don't like the way they're handling the inevitable transition away from Weeden.

They might surprise me and plug him back in after his thumb is healed, but I doubt it.

Bowser

Nah, I'm still rooting for the Browns.

I just don't like the way they're handling the inevitable transition away from Weeden.

They might surprise me and plug him back in after his thumb is healed, but I doubt it.

Your OSU loves blinds you to how terrible Weeden is...I think he's out of the league within the next 2 years.

jmdajr

Meanwhile, the Philadelphia Eagles signed cornerback Roc Carmichael off the Texans’ practice squad.

Well good luck with that one...

Carmichael is the sixth former Texan to play for the Eagles this season, joining linebacker DeMeco Ryans, defensive end Connor Barwin, tight end James Casey, receiver Jeff Maehl and punter Donnie Jones.

heh

I'm sure he's not a world beater, but he gave up 2 total hurries on 173 snaps last year through October. Can't find stats beyond that.

Sounds like Clark is going to get the start anyways.

started off good but had 36 pressures in his last 9 games.

I think clark will start this week

squicken

It was bad enough losing yet another game on yet another blown fourth-quarter lead.

But here’s how bad it’s gotten for the Panthers: They’ve become a punchline for the Jets.

Jets outside linebacker Antwan Barnes was discussing the 4.5 sacks Bills defensive end Mario Williams posted last week against Carolina, when he put it into context.

“It’s the Panthers we’re talking about,” Barnes said with a laugh to Newsday’s Kimberley Martin. “Obviously, he’s a first-round pick, they pay him so much money, so he’s got to go out there and do something. For our O-linemen, it’s the same. They go against us every day. They won’t be scared or intimidated by it.”

This is where we pause for a moment, to let Panthers right tackle Byron Bell and his teammates extinguish themselves, and then slink to the corner in shame.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/18/antwan-barnes-takes-shot-at-mario-williams-panthers/

Godslay

Banned
started off good but had 36 pressures in his last 9 games.

I think clark will start this week

Yeah, Clark will get it. In that case it is a downgrade, a significant one at that, but I think that he will protect good enough, and the offense will have to adapt to less time with protection. I think we will be okay. Guess we are going to find out real soon.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Damn Philly. What is your fascination with our players?
Texans East.

Whew! Im expecting Duane Brown to sit the Ravens game with that damn turf toe.

im surprised he was cleared to play so quickly. Not good that both our top wide receivers have had diagnosed concussions this year.

Also, surprised about Duane Brown, when he went down I was like FFFFF, then he came back in, they were saying it was a sprained big toe. Thats going to affect him for the rest of the year.

bionic77

To be fair though Richardson was shitting the bed. Crap o-line fine but he was going down on contact; not fighting for anything. Reminded me of Steelers RBs this season.
We are playing backups though.

Granted we probably have the worst running game in the league considering how often we try to run the ball, but lets see if we can get to at least the league average once Bell comes back.

Fucking french sounding injuries. You know those ones are the worst.

Why would I send Cam to the den of all evil?

What are you offering?
Mallett and a second rounder for Cam and a fourth.

How did he "blow?" Did you watch last week's game?

He did remarkably well considering his best WR was out and their O-line was swiss cheese.

And no matter what, he'll always be better than your boy Colt.

PFF said:
Weeden hurt as starter, + the Browns OL has surrendered FIFTY ONE total pressures through 2 games

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Mmmm, you know I love seeing this.

SI.com's power rankings has Titans 15, Colts 16, Rams 17

SI.COM said:
On Sunday, Jared Cook gave St. Louis fans a little taste of the frustration those in Tennessee felt for four seasons. After a seven-catch, 141-yard, two-touchdown Rams debut, Cook was held to one grab in a loss to Atlanta. Worse yet, he slipped back into his frustratingly familiar pattern of getting outworked physically at the line.

Aint it the truth. Have fun with that contract, Fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom