• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
so how good is Devers oline this season? I know its pretty still pretty early but I'm just wondering

Good. But Clady is gone, Probowl left tackle. Pretty solid outside of that. Clark LT is the guy to watch. He'll be the weaklink if there is one. Not a lot of experience.

squicken

I think the Brown Bomber was Pauls favorite boxer, I think I read someplace that Paul wasn't comfortable with having a team named after him

wikipedia says

The name of the team was at first left up to Paul Brown, who rejected calls for it to be christened the Browns.[14][15] The franchise then held a naming contest to publicize the team, promising a $1,000 war bond to the winner. In June 1945, a committee selected "Panthers" as the new team's name.[16] McBride, however, changed it to the Browns two months later, the result of another naming contest that suggested Browns, not after Paul Brown himself, but as a shortened version of Brown Bombers, a reference to the nickname of boxer Joe Louis.[17][18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom