• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really dont think having a legit deep threat would improve the offense at all? No Steeler WR scares teams or forces the safeties to back up. I get that Wallace got crazy money but he definitely added a dimension that they no longer have without him.

The offense we're seeing now is the same offense we saw last season with Wallace on the field. So my answer is no.

edit: 2nd page. Mission accomplished

eznark

Banned
I expect the same.

Single high will be an interesting option against most offenses once both Hayward and Burnett get back.

I have this crazy fantasy that Hyde has lit a creative spark in that old vegetable Capers and once the secondary is healthy we are going to be seeing the bat shit crazy secondary action that we saw back when the Greatest Safety of All Time was still healthy.

God I miss him so much. I....i need a minute.

Go Warmack. JJ Watt is obviously awesome, and Warmack acknowledges that he's very talented, but there's no reason to kneel down at your opponent's alter after a narrow loss. Stupid post by Pro Football Talk.

Yup, there was nothing inflammatory at all about that statement. Florio is a cunt. He's like the ugly and easy chick in high school who hates seeing people happy so she goes around telling FALSE rumors about how she blew you when you were too drunk to say no and makes your girlfriend all pissed off. It w as totally false, I swear.

The offense we're seeing now is the same offense we saw last season with Wallace on the field. So my answer is no.

I dont remember the Steelers offense looking this bad last year. Hell their offense looked really good early in the year when they played the Eagles. I think this offseason you will see the Steelers focus on getting a WR with speed who can take the top off of a defense and that will open things up underneath a bit more.

Hideous OP. Let's try get something decent to balance this out:

2tIoPIS.jpg

DopIF8m.jpg

HqMhHgf.jpg

f9hyfKq.jpg

w9DitjK.jpg

There we go. Much better.

Go Bears.

Thread clearly lacking the chiseled Eli Manning
i

Serious question though, where has Markus Wheaton been? I remember seeing stuff like this during preseason:

In addition, the Steelers believe they have a receiver -- rookie Markus Wheaton, a third-round choice -- who could be a better fit in their offense than Wallace, who was often referred to as a "one-trick pony" by coach Mike Tomlin.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...e-could-prove-beneficial-for-steelers-699515/

It is so hard for me to resist pulling more quotes out of that article but I'll keep them sheathed for the time being.

eznark

Banned
For you guys with Game Rewind, is it easy to make gifs with it? I had it last year and essentially never used the coaches film stuff but I was monkeying around with it this morning and man it's cool.

Tom Penny

Steelers have limited offensive talent and a bad O Line. They can't even set up play action with zero running game to get an occasional big play. Not a good formula on offense.

Bowser

I've already started a HC wishlist for the Panthers:

1. David Shaw, HC, Stanford
2. Kevin Sumlin, HC, Texas A&M
3. Greg Roman, OC, 49ers
4. Mike Zimmer, DC, Bengals
5. Lovie Smith, Former HC

I dont remember the Steelers offense looking this bad last year. Hell their offense looked really good early in the year when they played the Eagles. I think this offseason you will see the Steelers focus on getting a WR with speed who can take the top off of a defense and that will open things up underneath a bit more.

Last season was two halfs - before and after injury. Before injury, Ben was running the offense as called and the Steelers were demolishing teams. After injury, well, pretty much the same as last night.

Wallace was de-emphasized last season. He had a few good games but as the running game improved he regressed. At that point he developed a timely case of the drops. He never really came back to form.

Wallace is a playmaker, but if he disappears - which is often - he's worthless. Streaky players like that aren't worth 60 million or whatever ridiculous sum the Dolphins gave him.

Serious question though, where has Markus Wheaton been? I remember seeing stuff like this during preseason:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...e-could-prove-beneficial-for-steelers-699515/

It is so hard for me to resist pulling more quotes out of that article but I'll keep them sheathed for the time being.

Markus Wheaton had a good first two preaseason games but his last two weren't so hot. Still, I think he would have come down with those balls that Sanders dropped - he's good in traffic.

Jeff-DSA

This should be a nice measuring stick for the Dolphins. I hope the home crowd comes out and makes some noise. That's probably asking for more than a win, however.

This OP is disgusting and I rebuke it in the name of Tebow

Week 3 Schedule
THU, SEP 19
Kansas City at Philadelphia

SUN, SEP 22
Green Bay at Cincinnati
St. Louis at Dallas
San Diego at Tennessee
Cleveland at Minnesota
Tampa Bay at New England
Arizona at New Orleans
Detroit at Washington
NY Giants at Carolina
Houston at Baltimore
Atlanta at Miami
Buffalo at NY Jets
Indianapolis at San Francisco
Jacksonville at Seattle
Chicago at Pittsburgh

MON, SEP 23
Oakland at Denver

For you guys with Game Rewind, is it easy to make gifs with it? I had it last year and essentially never used the coaches film stuff but I was monkeying around with it this morning and man it's cool.
It's very very simple. Use Gifcam as mentioned above. I'm half a retard when it comes to doing anything related to image manipulation/creation and I was cranking out gifs in minutes.

Speaking of, I hope they get the Giants/Broncos coaches film up quicker than last week. I want to do some stuff on the offensive line and the run game this week.

This should be a nice measuring stick for the Dolphins. I hope the home crowd comes out and makes some noise. That's probably asking for more than a win, however.
You are correct. Never, ever, ever bet on Miami fans. Home games usually mean nice weather and a quiet crowd that benefits our offense, other than that there is really no homefield advantage.

Bowser

What's lol about it? I wanted Shaw last year. He's got 9 years of NFL assistant experience with the Eagles, Raiders, Ravens mostly as QB and WR coach. And all of his college experience is under Harbaugh who's proven to be a damn good coach.

Sumlin is more of a wild card, but I fully believe he'll be in the league within the next 2 years, probably next season if the Chip Kelly experiment ends up yielding a winning/competitive season for the Eagles.

ShaneB

Love the new avatar man. You ever going to pick a hockey team to root for?

Ehhhh, my hockey interests are a lot more varied really. Far more hockey teams I don't mind at all to see win, so just seems impossible to ever pick a single team. And with Football, it's a lot easier to focus on one game a week really and learn more about the complexities of the sport.

My package is 30 minutes from my house at a fedex facility and keep getting updated that it's "not due for delivery"

This shit is Lamer than bucket head

rando14

Week 3 Schedule
THU, SEP 19
Kansas City at Philadelphia

SUN, SEP 22
Green Bay at Cincinnati
St. Louis at Dallas
San Diego at Tennessee
Cleveland at Minnesota
Tampa Bay at New England
Arizona at New Orleans
Detroit at Washington
NY Giants at Carolina
Houston at Baltimore
Atlanta at Miami
Buffalo at NY Jets
Indianapolis at San Francisco
Jacksonville at Seattle
Chicago at Pittsburgh

MON, SEP 23
Oakland at Denver

3. Greg Roman, OC, 49ers

You guys need an offensive minded coach to work Cam along. Instead of Zimmer you should be looking for Gruden.

3. Greg Roman, OC, 49ers

Whoever they hire, should bring in Hue Jackson as OC. I don't particularly like him, but he's a good OC and would get that offense rolling.

eznark

Banned
I like pro coaches, and there are a bunch of really good coordinators and coaches out there with NFL head coaching experience that I'd take over Sumlin. Especially for the Scam's, who aren't building from nothing.

They need someone who is a good game tactician, not some guy who will come in and revolutionize their schemes with fresh ideas.

My package is 30 minutes from my house at a fedex facility and keep getting updated that it's "not due for delivery"

So go get it you fucking bum

One reason I like UPS better, they will always deliver it early if possible, but those fuckers at FedEx will sit on it.

effzee

I hope the Eagles are calling the Bills nonstop now about Bryd. I cant imagine there is a team with a position more dire then Eagles safety. The CBs have actually not been completely terrible but the Safeties cant cover anyone and when they try to come up and hit a receiver they totally miss the tackle. Nate Allen has been worse this year then even last year, and he was terrible last year. Eagles have to get new safeties some how. They tried the rookie Wolfe on Sunday but he cant cover at all. Every time Gates was matched up against him he got wide open. Chung cant cover at all either. I bet a 1 legged Kenny Phillips would do a better job then what they are putting out there now.

Kerry Rhodes is waiting.

Also I know national guys are usually so far removed from the teams that they can't be expected to know every little thing but its really annoying hearing pundits jump ship from week to week.

From the over reaction after the week 1 win over the Redskins to the supposed demise of Chip Kelly because he didn't know the time out rule. Micheal Irvin was "disappointed" the Eagles didn't drop 50+. I've heard others claim they ran half the plays they did against the Skins.

Seriously how do former players get it so wrong? They ran so many plays cause the Skins kept turning it over. Chargers played really well and torched the D on long slow drives which ate up the clock.

Even then the offense has been dynamic in both games. 33 points week 1 and 30 points week 2. And week 2 should have been at least 33 or 40 with a 2 TDs called back/dropped pass and one missed FG.

The problem was, is, and will be the D. If they can show any improvement the Eagles can win games. If not, the offense will continue to put up points but the D will cost them games. And as bad as our secondary is, a good pass rush can disguise their poor play.

Against the Skins we got some pressure up the middle with and without the blitz. Chargers completely neutralized the line and the blitz. Rivers had all day. Can't win in this league with that kind of a pass rush plus poor secondary.

Talon

You guys need an offensive minded coach to work Cam along. Instead of Zimmer you should be looking for Gruden.
1. Nobody in the division would want Gruden to be their HC after the laughable job he did in Tampa for those last 5 years.

2. For being an "offensive mastermind," Gruden was not interested in developing any quarterbacks down in Tampa. The Chris Simms/Brian Griese/Jeff Garcia greaseslide to irrelevance was absurd.

1. Nobody in the division would want Gruden to be their HC after the laughable job he did in Tampa for those last 5 years.

2. For being an "offensive mastermind," Gruden was not interested in developing any quarterbacks down in Tampa. The Chris Simms/Brian Griese/Jeff Garcia greaseslide to irrelevance was absurd.

Jay Gruden.

brentech

With gifcam and gimp (just to resize and make the file size nicer), super easy and quick.

Kerry Rhodes is waiting.

Also I know national guys are usually so far removed from the teams that they can't be expected to know every little thing but its really annoying hearing pundits jump ship from week to week.

From the over reaction after the week 1 win over the Redskins to the supposed demise of Chip Kelly because he didn't know the time out rule. Micheal Irvin was "disappointed" the Eagles didn't drop 50+. I've heard others claim they ran half the plays they did against the Skins.

Seriously how do former players get it so wrong? They ran so many plays cause the Skins kept turning it over. Chargers played really well and torched the D on long slow drives which ate up the clock.

Even then the offense has been dynamic in both games. 33 points week 1 and 30 points week 2. And week 2 should have been at least 33 or 40 with a 2 TDs called back/dropped pass and one missed FG.

The problem was, is, and will be the D. If they can show any improvement the Eagles can win games. If not, the offense will continue to put up points but the D will cost them games. And as bad as our secondary is, a good pass rush can disguise their poor play.

Against the Skins we got some pressure up the middle with and without the blitz. Chargers completely neutralized the line and the blitz. Rivers had all day. Can't win in this league with that kind of a pass rush plus poor secondary.

Yeah the over reactions are silly, but there is major cause for concern. You cant expect the offense to be flawless, they are always going to leave some points on the field. I just worry that the D is going to look worse the more tape teams get on them. Teams are going to continue to pick on the safeties unless the pass rush shows up. Hopefully Graham and Curry both play this week and get some pressure on small hands. He is going to pick this D apart if he gets the kind of time that Rivers got.

For what it's worth I think Jon Gruden has hit his stride in MNF. I think he's great and he makes the games more interesting to watch. He's also toned down his jizzing over routine plays.

How about if the Bucs win, you have to take an avatar of his choosing.

If the Pats win, you get to PM a mod and ask them to compare IP addresses.

This would be the best bet terms ever. We need bish to come in and agree to be the mod that does the check.

Talon

For what it's worth I think Jon Gruden has hit his stride in MNF. I think he's great and he makes the games more interesting to watch. He's also toned down his jizzing over routine plays.
Gruden and Mayock just won't shut up during the broadcasts, though. Drives me nuts.

eznark

Banned
Bevell and Roman will get shots before Jay Gruden.

Bevell might actually be a sick fit for Carolina. He has shown he can work with a mobile quarterback without totally focusing the offense on it and he has shown he can run a more traditional offense with a cunty bitch of a QB when he was in Minnesota.

Perfect fit.

effzee

Yeah the over reactions are silly, but there is major cause for concern. You cant expect the offense to be flawless, they are always going to leave some points on the field. I just worry that the D is going to look worse the more tape teams get on them. Teams are going to continue to pick on the safeties unless the pass rush shows up. Hopefully Graham and Curry both play this week and get some pressure on small hands. He is going to pick this D apart if he gets the kind of time that Rivers got.

The only way this D can play really well with no pressure is if the offense is perfect and build up enough of a lead to force the opposition to be completely 1 dimensional.

Agree with you on Graham and Curry. On obviously passing downs why not rotate them in?

Also we need to clean up the flags. I mean anytime the D would even force a punt against the Chargers, there was a flag on the D for holding or pass interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom