• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one be sorry, i hope most of Browns gaf will find this was a good trade. unlike the retard group txt messages im in right now.

im also avoiding twitter right now cause of the idiots that know nothing about football

I can certainly see how the trade could eventually work out in our favor, but I don't know why anyone would trust this front office to pull it off.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
was busy GTAV'ing it, but wow. Um, this is an unforseen turn of events.

At least TRENT TRUCK has a QB with a pulse and similar birth decade as him now.

At least Trent will get the opportunity that he wasn't a bust and it was just being a part of the football abyss known as Cleveland that made him look bad.

Fantomex

The Colts are good, very solid all around. The fact that they get a running back with their franchise QB will be great for Trent. In Indy, he's not the star and the pressure is somewhat off compared to Cleveland. I can't wait to hear what Jim Brown says.

So you're sorry for them just because they're the Browns. So why is this any different then?

They at least had a piece of the puzzle in Trent. They were gonna be top 5 next year anyway in the draft. Now they have to find a QB and a Running Back. I just think it's a stupid move so early in the season. They get nothing back this year and are going to draft in the russian roulette market. What's stopping Teddy from being Akili or Andre Ware?

jakncoke

Banned
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 23m
Also for Browns, take into account that WR Josh Gordon, a 2nd round pick, is one strike away from a year-long substance abuse suspension

Yep. Holmgren was so awful. They really just have to burn it down. Have to wonder if they are going to trade off any other pieces

They only really have two more - Thomas and Haden.

O-line is garbage anyway so i'd get rid of Thomas, but Haden is young. He'll still be around for a rebuild.

im oddly more excited about the rest of the season. time to check out the OBR im scared. ........ i think kave might of used up a couple of his nine lives

Impossible to call this a good trade until you see who is taken with the pick and how he develops..

its probably just me, but i dont really look at trades like that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Nope. Fuck it.

We need to lose like champions.

I'm wondering when people will stop giving a fuck and stop going to the stadium...They haven't been a competent team since they returned.

Also for Browns, take into account that WR Josh Gordon, a 2nd round pick, is one strike away from a year-long substance abuse suspension
Their only competent offensive player. Lombardi is going to spike his punch.

Tamanon

Banned
Shockingly only the second worst truck move that the Irsays have done.

It took me forever to come up with a somewhat coherent joke about that

fire sale browns! trade us haden for a 2nd round pick so you can have 2 1's, 2 2's, 2 3's and 2 4's next year!

p.s.

is trent going to play this weekend? seems like he would have about 3 days to pass physical and learn the playbook. i don't think it would take much for the running part of it but pass protection could be an issue

LJ11

We can't declare this trade smart either when Lombardis the one pulling the trigger.

Dude loved Gabbert. Must have been blind. Never saw a QB with worse pocket presence at the college level, awful.

Why are people saying shit like this? Has Trent won one game for the Browns?

This is the smartest thing I have ever seen the Browns do.
Yeah, after the initial surprise, I think I agree.

Browns were toast, they're still toast, but now with an extra mid-to-late first rounder. Competing for a playoff spot was always a fantasy, the only real jarring thing here is the admission after week 2 (!) that basically they aren't interested in contending.

Browns are just the gift that keeps on giving. I feel like such a fool for proclaiming them my dark horse pick for the AFC before the season. I believed in them.

The Colts are good, very solid all around. The fact that they get a running back with their franchise QB will be great for Trent. In Indy, he's not the star and the pressure is somewhat off compared to Cleveland. I can't wait to hear what Jim Brown says.

They at least had a piece of the puzzle in Trent. They were gonna be top 5 next year anyway in the draft. Now they have to find a QB and a Running Back. I just think it's a stupid move so early in the season. They get nothing back this year and are going to draft in the russian roulette market. What's stopping Teddy from being Akili or Andre Ware?
Running backs are a dime a dozen. A shit team losing a RB means nothing but the Browns got a first round pick for theirs.

Not to mention that so far Trent hasn't shown anything to indicate that he's going to be a serviceable starter much less an elite talent. Browns are going to tank anyway, now they will likely have two high picks to show for it instead of one and a bust RB.

We can't declare this trade smart either when Lombardis the one pulling the trigger.

Dude loved Gabbert. Must have been blind. Never saw a QB with worse pocket presence at the college level, awful.

Don't get me wrong - i'm sure the Browns will piss away the pick regardless but for today it was smart as hell.

squicken

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Speaking of Cleveland, I haven't seen Joe Thomas get handled like Terrell Suggs handled him this last weekend in many, many years

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Difficult to evaluate Trent Richardson now: He was injured last year. Played behind a line #Browns know is bad. We'll see in Indy, really.

Gondo was right!

Fantomex

Running backs are a dime a dozen. A shit team losing a RB means nothing but the Browns got a first round pick for theirs.

Not to mention that so far Trent hasn't shown anything to indicate that he's going to be a serviceable starter much less an elite talent. Browns are going to tank anyway, now they will likely have two high picks to show for it instead of one and a bust RB.

If running backs are a dime a dozen than why don't you guys have one?

MechDX

Browns are just the gift that keeps on giving. I feel like such a fool for proclaiming them my dark horse pick for the AFC before the season. I believed in them.

I know that feel. With that said I welcome the Cincinnati Bengals our new AFC North overlord.

Anyone else get a feeling trading, league wise, may be more prevalent this season than years past?

JABEE

Does anyone know if photos are stored anywhere else on the iPhone? I just restored my phone after installing iOS7 and my latest backup is September of last year. I think I lost all my photos and contacts I have taken/created since last year. :(

As a Colts fan, I really like the move. T-Rich, playing with an actual NFL offense, only in his second year.... sounds good to me.

I know the "1st Rounders are GOLD" thing, but honestly, it'll probably be in the late teens, early 20's, and that player wont have the potential that T-Rich will have in Indy, IMO.

The Luck and Truck Connection starts now!

If running backs are a dime a dozen than why don't you guys have one?

:jnc

As a Colts fan, I really like the move. T-Rich, playing with an actual NFL offense, only in his second year.... sounds good to me.

I know the "1st Rounders are GOLD" thing, but honestly, it'll probably be in the late teens, early 20's, and that player wont have the potential that T-Rich will have in Indy, IMO.

The Luck and Truck Connection starts now!

Luck Truck?

Tamanon

Banned
Does anyone know if photos are stored anywhere else on the iPhone? I just restored my phone after installing iOS7 and my latest backup is September of last year. I think I lost all my photos and contacts I have taken/created since last year. :(

They might've been backed up to your email.

Lunchbox

Banned

thats why you back up to icloud you beagle

its gone

squicken

Should be if you had Photo Stream enabled.

Fantomex

fire sale browns! trade us haden for a 2nd round pick so you can have 2 1's, 2 2's, 2 3's and 2 4's next year!

p.s.

is trent going to play this weekend? seems like he would have about 3 days to pass physical and learn the playbook. i don't think it would take much for the running part of it but pass protection could be an issue

FMT your my boy. But we already offered Hartline, a 6th rounder and a bag of sour skittles for Haden to the Browns. Hands off.

Dude loved Gabbert.
Must have been blind. Never saw a QB with worse pocket presence at the college level, awful.

This is what I'm talking bout right here.

Homlngren/Heckert drafts just about complete busts now. most of the players wont even be here or starting next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom