• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
UDFAs can be great! We had a few start during our Super Bowl run come up big. No big thang

Packers had 16 guys on IR that Super Bowl year and this thread is full of bitchy clowns crying about one or two injured players.

You're only allowed to complain about injuries to quarterbacks.

bionic77

jacknod.gif

colts by 20 on Sunday
I am going to piss off Cowboy fans but I never thought Emmitt was that good. He just played on a stacked team with a stacked line. It was like college when you looked at that team and everyone else talent wise until free agency broke it up.

Packers had 16 guys on IR that Super Bowl year and this thread is full of bitchy clowns crying about one or two injured players.

14 for the 2011 Giants. I agree with this sentiment.

Every team gets injuries. That why depth, while seemingly overlooked in favor of stars is so important.

For the record I was being purposefully over dramatic about Clemons.

Jimmy Wilson really does suck, though.

Milchjon

Squall, IMO the missions in GTA V are a bit more varied. More vehicle variety, more stuff up in the air, and the underwater stuff is also really cool. Add to that driving that's fun again, taxis to take you everywhere if you don't wanna drive and the character switching, and there's barely any drag.

CBS simulation I saw, says Browns will get 2nd and 6th pick haha
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23731602/trent-richardson-trade-fallout-browns-projected-to-have-2nd-6th-picks

The Cleveland Browns traded Trent Richardson, the third pick in the 2012 draft, to the Indianapolis Colts for a first-round draft pick next year. PredictionMachine.com projects the Colts to finish tied for the fifth-worst record in the league with Minnesota and Oakland. This would result in the Browns getting around the 6th overall pick (splitting the difference). The Browns, who are looking to rebuild a franchise that has only had two winnings seasons since 1999, will have 10 draft picks next year.
Before the trade:
Colts record: 6.8 wins, 9.2 losses
Playoff Probabilities (odds to win):
Division: 7.5%
Wild Card: 3.7%
Super Bowl: 0.1%
Rest of Season Stats:

Andrew Luck: 3,007.9 pass yards, 20.6 TDs, 10.9 INTs 367.7 rush yards, 3.5 TDs
Ahmad Bradshaw: 633.3 rush yards, 3.8 TDs, 163.4 rec. yards, 0.4 TDs
Trent Richardson (on the Browns): 1,043.3 rush yards, 7.3 TDs, 195.0 rec. yards, 0.5 TDs
After the trade:
Colts record: 6.5 wins, 9.5 losses
Playoff Probabilities (odds to win):
Division: 6.6%
Wild Card: 3.6%
Super Bowl: 0.1%
Rest of Season Stats:

Andrew Luck: 3,143.8 pass yards, 21.4 TDs, 11.5 INTs, 475.0 rush yards, 3.5 TDs
Trent Richardson (on the Colts): 969.8 rush yards, 6.3 TDs, 192.3 rec. yards, 0.9 TDs
After 50,000 simulations of the rest of the season the Colts go from 11.2% likely to make the playoffs to 10.2% likely to reach the postseason. The addition of Richardson should add more balance offensively to Indianapolis but that does not necessarily make the Colts a better team.
Currently, the Colts are averaging 5.0 yards/rushing attempt (5th in the NFL). That average through two games is not likely to be sustained by this team with that offensive line regardless of the running back. With the addition of Richardson, the Colts are projected to run the ball more often, which will almost assuredly bring their rushing average down (Richardson has only averaged 3.4 yards-per-carry in his career behind a line that includes an elite left tackle and an above average center).
As a result of the balance, Andrew Luck will attempt fewer passes. Currently averaging 7.6 yards/attempt, we do anticipate Luck to become even more efficient in the passing game. However, throwing less (with slightly greater efficiency) and running more (at notably weaker efficiency) has an essentially neutral impact on the Colts' scoring average, specifically because the team still projects to be an above average passing team and a below average rushing team. The addition of Richardson, while great for headlines, does not improve the Colts chance of making the playoffs this year.
As a result of the balance, Andrew Luck will attempt fewer passes. Currently averaging 7.6 yards/attempt, we do anticipate Luck to become even more efficient in the passing game. However, throwing less (with slightly greater efficiency) and running more (at notably weaker efficiency) has an essentially neutral impact on the Colts' scoring average, specifically because the team still projects to be an above average passing team and a below average rushing team. The addition of Richardson, while great for headlines, does not improve the Colts chance of making the playoffs this year.

MechDX

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...polamalu-to-cut-off-his-hair-for-the-veterans

Troy Polamalu to cut off his hair for the veterans

If you love Troy Polamalu's long hair or if you just really enjoy the Head & Shoulders commercials in which he stars, these next few paragraphs might be tough to take. But it's for a good cause.

Which we hope will help heal your wounds when we tell you that the Steelers safety is clipping off his signature hair.

Polamalu explains, via his Facebook page:

“We talk about supporting veterans often, but now its time for us all to DO something. I'm getting a ceremonial haircut this Veterans Day for the #VFWManeEvent with Veterans of Foreign Wars VFW I DARE you to join me. www.VFWManeEvent.org”

Pretty big deal since its like his calling card. Thumbs up!

I didn't have an NFL career doe.

image.php

Looks like the GTA side activities still suck. I played Mario Tennis: Power Tour on the GBA (let that sink in for a minute) a few weeks ago and it's a better tennis game than what you get in GTA in every way imaginable. I'm enjoying the game otherwise, though.

Milchjon

Looks like the GTA side activities still suck. I played Mario Tennis: Power Tour on the GBA (let that sink in for a minute) a few weeks ago and it's a better tennis game than what you get in GTA in every way imaginable. I'm enjoying the game otherwise, though.

I made the mistake to start a 3 set match on easy. That was a bore :-D

Rewatching Steelers Bengals:

It was Kion Wilson who set the defense rather than Timmons. Wilson, the guy who was selling insurance a year ago over Timmons, the 7 year veteran of the team. Dude is a rockhead.

ShaneB

I think squicken mentioned this one earlier, but I quite enjoy's NFL.com's Around The League podcast. I also like Grantland's NFL Podcast with Robert Mays and Bill Barnwell (twice a week!).

Thanks for these! Will check them out tomorrow.

squicken

I think squicken mentioned this one earlier, but I quite enjoy's NFL.com's Around The League podcast. I also like Grantland's NFL Podcast with Robert Mays and Bill Barnwell (twice a week!).

I take it you are in favor of the Shula/van/felony plan?

squicken

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fantasyguru/2013/09/19/weekly-matchup

Greg Cosell kind of lays in to Schoob, Eli and Cam (and Freeman). He still likes Rivers. Thinks it will always be about protection with him since he can't move at all in the pocket

I'm sure you saw the Shula Bingo sheet I posted earlier...so yes, yes I am.

I always liked Chud b/c I thought he was masking some really bad roster issues. He may have hurt Cam's development in the process, but it was really Smith and oft injured RBs as far as skill players. If they would have been conventional they would have sucked

JABEE

Poor Eagles. Just have to wait a few weeks for the eventual collapse; then ez and everyone will forget to even acknowledge your existence!
I don't think you can collapse much worse than the Eagles collapsed last year. I'm relatively positive about the Eagles' prospects for this season.

Chip Kelly's offense is not really a major concern. It's the defense that has struggled this season and for the past few seasons.

Milchjon

TV ratings last week:

1. NFL Football: San Francisco at Seattle, NBC, 20.54 million.

2. "Football Rain Delay," NBC, 17.84 million.

3. NFL Football: Philadelphia at Washington, ESPN, 16.52 million.

4. "Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick," NBC, 15.22 million.

5. "60 Minutes," CBS, 12.45 million.

6. "Football Night in America," NBC, 11.31 million.

7. NFL Football: Houston at San Diego, ESPN, 10.95 million.

8. "America's Got Talent" (Wednesday), NBC, 10.08 million.

:jnc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom