• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.
whew_zpsd2b2e3d5.gif

squicken

Hopefully this one isn't too choppy.

Ryan Clark (Safety, #25) Bit hard on the top route leaving Eifert wide open on the seam.

Seamcompletion_zps2a3c3d5c.gif

I don't know what program you are using, but when you cull frames you have to increase the dealy between each frame or it looks sped up

e:

wow. strong take
Dave Softy Mahler @Softykjr
Mike Holmgren on Browns: "If I was the coach and someone came in and did that, [my response would be] 'OK. Fire me.'"

Godslay

Banned
Gifcam.

Anyway to increase the delay on all frames instead of doing each one manually?

I believe you can just drag it over.

Basically hover over the delay label, click and drag, then it will increase the time between frames.

Nevermind see it's not auto for all frames. Let me look into it.

Rewatching Steelers Bengals:

It was Kion Wilson who set the defense rather than Timmons. Wilson, the guy who was selling insurance a year ago over Timmons, the 7 year veteran of the team. Dude is a rockhead.

Yep....he's been a solid but underwhelming guy. There's a reason they kept dusting off Foote's decaying body. And really, Farrior in his prime was kind of under-appreciated.

jakncoke

Banned
Hopefully this one isn't too choppy.

Ryan Clark (Safety, #25) Bit hard on the top route leaving Eifert wide open on the seam.

Seamcompletion_zps2a3c3d5c.gif

Why would he even feel the need to go over there gahh. There was already 2 people over there and it was well covered. smh. This team pisses me off in new ways weekly

squicken

For eznark: Is Chip Kelly's Eagles offense revolutionizing pro football?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...lutionizing-pro-football?campaign=Twitter_atl

Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson should have set new NFL single-game records for passing and receiving yards in last week's 33-30 shootout with the San Diego Chargers.

The pair just missed on four big plays, including a potential 79-yarder (drop), 69-yarder (just out of bounds) and a 37-yard touchdown that was nullified by an illegal shift penalty. They left roughly 150 yards on the field.

Just what is the Chip Kelly effect that is taking the league by storm?

NFL Media columnist Mike Silver revealed on "NFL Total Access Kickoff" Thursday that Redskins players were begging the Eagles to ease up on their "ridiculous" pace in the first half of the season opener. One offensive coordinator predicted to Silver that the Eagles offense will have success all season because the defensive coaches will need the offseason to adjust.

It's obvious that opposing teams will have to go back to the drawing board. As we pointed out in the Around The League Podcast's Thursday Night Football preview, Jackson has more receiving yards than the entire Tennessee Titans team combined.

Only 15 players in NFL history have posted more yards from scrimmage through two games than LeSean McCoy's 356. Left guard Evan Mathis and McCoy have earned Pro Football Focus' two highest offensive grades thus far, while Jackson and center Jason Kelce also sit atop the ratings at their respective positions.

What defenses need to adjust to is more than just the frenetic tempo, however.

As ESPN analyst Ron Jaworksi explained on The Tony Kornheiser Show last week, the Eagles' Week 1 demolition of the Redskins "changed the landscape of the NFL from a philosophical, schematic approach to how the game is played."

Jaworski has already added Kelly's multiple offense to the seven benchmark changes in NFL history that comprised his 2011 book, "The Games That Changed the Game."

Jaworski and NFL Films guru Greg Cosell have both opined that this offense's multiple options on every single play are unprecedented. Whereas Peyton Manning and Tom Brady introduced pre-snap adjustments to manipulate defenses in a slower no-huddle attack, Michael Vick is tasked with making an immediate post-snap read that will determine whether he runs, hands off to McCoy, throws a bubble screen to Jackson, tosses a slant to Jason Avant or hits Brent Celek with a pop pass down the seam.

"What Michael Vick did to London Fletcher on numerous reads was take his strength and make it a weakness," Jaworski said. "An aggressive, downhill, smart, intelligent player was pretty much rendered useless early in the game because all of the options within this scheme that Chip Kelly has designed. So I think it is here to stay."

Kelly has often described his offense in terms of mathematics. Getting the quarterback involved as a running threat means the defense now has to account for 11 players instead of 10, leading to mismatches of three-on-two, four-on-three or five-on-four.

The element of speed comes into play because the quarterback then benefits from a "totally static" view of the defense before the snap, Cosell explained on last week's SI.com's Audibles NFL Podcast.

While Cosell is hesitant to join Jaworski in declaring this offense revolutionary, it already seems evident that Kelly will spawn a legion of emulators in the next few years.

Godslay

Banned
Hey Godslay what do you think about Montee Ball at this point? Trying to decide if I should keep him or deal him in FF.

It's looking more and more like Knowshon is going to get the nod going forward. With Clady out, sounds like the plan is to use Knowshon to chip, as well as other TE sets to help out on that side. What this means basically is that Ball will likely get less playing time as he not as strong a blocker as Knowshon.

I thought that he would be a goalline guy, and last week that looked to be the case, but he fumbled. That doesn't rule him out going forward in this role, but it feels like they like the short passes in the red zone to score so far.

I can see him coming on stronger in the second half of the season, and if Moreno goes down he's the next man up.

So I agree with Frank, in that if you can get something good out of the trade, go for it. If you can't and have him as depth, hang on to him and see if he comes on stronger later in the season. Right now though, I feel that Moreno is the guy.

Thanks Bro.

NP.

eznark

Banned
Lol squicken. Ez thinks Shady is the same as James Starks. He is going to agree with any part of that article.

Huh?

Rodgers threw for 480 yards against that defense. Passing against shitty defenses is not revolutionary. I'm very interested to see how it goes tonight. I'm not anti-Kelly, I'm anti undeserved hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom