• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola completely tore the adductor longus tendon in his groin in the team's Week 1 victory over the Buffalo Bills, two league sources told Yahoo Sports. And it might be the best thing for the Patriots that he did.

Doctors often treat chronic groin pain by snipping the adductor longus – one of the muscles in the groin – from the pubic bone. Since Amendola's tendon ruptured, he essentially did the doctors' work for them, eliminating the need for surgery during the season. It also means he has a faster recovery time than if he had a groin operation.

Normal recovery time, even without surgery, is anywhere from two to six weeks. League sources said Amendola is healing faster than that, at a pace closer to three to four, which means he might play as soon as next Sunday at Atlanta.

The injury also speaks to the extreme pain Amendola can endure. He injured the groin in the first half of the Buffalo game and still played the second half. It's an injury that would have sidelined almost any player for the rest of the day. Amendola, however, returned to catch five passes, including three critical third-down receptions to sustain Patriot drives. He caught three balls on the team's game-winning drive.

Amendola has suffered several significant injuries in his career, most notably the dislocated clavicle that happened against the Arizona Cardinals last year as a wideout for the St. Louis Rams. The bone nearly tore his windpipe and might have killed him. He came back three weeks after that injury, which could be a similar timetable to Amendola's current one.

At first, doctors believed Amendola might have suffered a sports hernia as well. Further tests showed no hernia injury, and Amendola has not reported any pain in his abdomen.

The Patriots need Amendola back soon as they head into a late September and early October stretch with games against Atlanta, Cincinnati and New Orleans. Last week, without Amendola, quarterback Tom Brady completed only 19 passes for 195 yards in a 13-10 victory over the New York Jets. Much of New England's offense was based on the hope he and tight end Rob Gronkowski would provide stability as a young group of wide receivers matured.

Dude is tough but so fragile

Heh.

Mike Lombardi said:
"I believe the safest pick in the draft — beyond Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III — is Alabama running back Trent Richardson. He's a blue-chip player and has all the skills to quickly establish himself as a top-five player at his position. Forget the nonsense about not taking backs early — everyone would love the chance to get this guy."

squicken

A win today would be great

I'm a huge Horton fan. I think the way to go is to get a QB in there that stops turning it over, and let the defense win games if they can. It made no sense for Norv to throw it 900 times a game

btw if the Steelers were to fire Tomlin, Horton would be the perfect guy to take over. LeBeau acolyte and a "Steelers guy"

h1nch

Yeah I had a good laugh at the story. I can't be too angry at VM given that he's ultimately guilty of using a substance that has no legitimate reason for being illegal. He deserves his suspension for being an idiot, but it hasn't affected my opinion of him (same goes for any player who tests positive for MJ)

The NFL's zero-tolerance policy when it comes to MJ is pretty offensive given their willingness to advertise and promote alcohol use.

worried about the Bears game at Pitt tonight. Cutler has been awful against the 3-4 teams since coming to Chicago. Hopefully that changes under Wonka Trestman.

marc-trestman-willy-wonka-bennett.jpg

Correction he's been awful agaisnt teams that had players who could walk slowly past Webb. Those days over. Tonight I'm expecting the Bears pass rush to finally wake up.

I'm a huge Horton fan. I think the way to go is to get a QB in there that stops turning it over, and let the defense win games if they can. It made no sense for Norv to throw it 900 times a game

btw if the Steelers were to fire Tomlin, Horton would be the perfect guy to take over. LeBeau acolyte and a "Steelers guy"
Hortons not leaving, I won't let him Squicken.....I WONT!

Wes

venison crêpe
Schefter saying Browns will be aggressive after Ben Tate in the offseason.

TATE TRUCK!

This sounds delicious. I wonder who is taking Gordon then. I like him a lot but I don't like his closeness to suspension. If we can get another second for him now I'd take it.

Hoarding For Hundley.

Bowser

You think Norv's calling for 900 passes per game?

rob-chudzinski.jpg

Tom Jackson just said that Bama would give the Jags a run for their money lol. They would get destroyed.

lol pls. Bama isn't even that good this year, their defense has looked meh and their O-line would get wrecked.

This sounds delicious. I wonder who is taking Gordon then. I like him a lot but I don't like his closeness to suspension. If we can get another second for him now I'd take it.

Hoarding For Hundley.

No one's giving up a 2nd round pick for a guy that is one fuck up away from being gone for a year. Browns' best bet is probably a 4th and another conditional pick.

ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen reported suspended Broncos OLB Von Miller unsuccessfully tried to corrupt the NFL drug testing program.

This explains why rumors of a possible one-year ban swirled before Miller was eventually suspended for six games. Per Mort and Schefter, Miller received help from the urine collector in his corruption attempt. The urine collector was relieved of his duties. Miller has serious issues. One more misstep and he could lose a year's worth of pay. According to ESPN's Tom Jackson, Miller's father is now living with him in an effort to keep the 24-year-old out of trouble. Miller will be back Week 7. The Broncos haven't missed a beat without him.
holy fuck dude is almost as bad as Ryan Braun.

Bowser

Panthers: RT #Panthers inactives: CB Moore, CB Thomas, RB Barner, SS Mikell, CB Dockery, DE Alexander, DT Edwards. #NYGvsCAR

josephperson: Panthers' secondary: FS Mike Mitchell (natural strong safety), SS Robert Lester (undrafted rookie), CB Capt. Munnerlyn, CB Norman/Florence.

lol Eli is going to wreck the fuck out of our defense

Godslay

Banned
One idiot trying to circumvent the rules != franchise-wide systemic cheating though.

In my opinion PEDs are way worse than what the Pats did. That's why Roidney Harrison is an ass clown.

Out of these two posts, cdyhybrid gets it.

holy fuck dude is almost as bad as Ryan Braun.

In the sense that they tried to game the system.

As far as PEDs Miller has a clean name.

If true, I can't stand by his actions, but I'll support the idea that the NFL has archaic rules when it comes to pot. I think it's an overreach. If it's legal for use and the player is following the law, the NFL needs to step the fuck out of the way. But they won't cause Goodell wants the power to do as he pleases.

Drakeon

Guess Gordon is up for auction. Wonder if the Patriots make an offer knowing he is one strike for a one year ban. Also, CLE is sooooo tanking. chud has a locker room problem until proven otherwise on the field

If Gordon's up for auction, I don't see how anyone can see this as anything bu tanking. Funny thing is, even with Gordon and Richardson gone, Jacksonville is still worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom