• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm still alive if anyone is wondering, just have been super busy with life + gaming

I lurk most of the the time here, still follow the banter, did post in Week 1 thread, so hows everyone been

I've just been busy with FFXIV, taking away a chunk of my time, hell I don't even trophy whore that much anymore
Getting my characters set up has been a blast so far, in it for the long haul

My Black Mage:
MMEYt7T.jpg

My Paladin:
aux333f.jpg

My Miner:
uzg7Qt6.png

Just trying to get to end game and make money (getting there in strides, mining is lucrative with shards/crystals)

Grave!
The Mingo pick makes a lot more sense to me now. Everyone said he'd need some bedding in time, this now gives him a full year to get accustomed to the NFL before they expect anything particularly from him.
Yeah, and Mingo looked pretty good first game.
Also side note, I remember trading awhile ago that Holmgren pulled rank on the McCoy pick too.
that last page. gata was actually doing us a service all along by giving chan someone to focus his anger at
:lol

Greg

Ribs are on the smoker. Happy football day, fuckers.
I'll be right over.

I'm still alive if anyone is wondering, just have been super busy with life + gaming

I lurk most of the the time here, still follow the banter, did post in Week 1 thread, so hows everyone been
Grave! I got the platinum in HSG for Vita and thought of you.

I'm guessing FF is fun? Haven't heard anything about it, so how does it stack up to 11 or the glory days of WoW?

bionic77

My uncle had to go through have of the contacts on his phone before he found someone who wanted his Jets tickets for the game today. :lol

I would rather hang out win Gata than go to the Jets game.

Petty sure even the Jets fans on GAF wouldn't go!

squicken

Is there anywhere I can read up on how PFF's grading system works? They get quoted as an authority a lot but I don't see why.

I don't know anyone who views their grades as gospel. I pretty much ignore them. I like PFF b/c they keep do game charting that provides info that mainline stats at ESPN and such don't

For some reason I'm worried about this Dolphins game.
Why am I worried about a Dolphins game?
Damnit.
It isn't supposed to be like this.
I'm supposed to say, "Matt Ryan is literally Matty Ice on the road and against AFC teams, this should be a Tony Gonzalez slam dunk."
...right?
Why can't I just have some fucking confidence in this team...

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
As I said on GameDay First, Amendola's groin tear is off the bone. Good news? He can't hurt it worse, which is why he practiced this week.

Ugh that doesn't sound good in any way

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Lions are here in DC and I can't even go. Booooooo.

I just hope Detroit doesn't do what they always do and let a running QB have a career day.

Also, Reggie Bush is still a gametime decision. Just sit him. We need him for the rest of the year.

squicken

On Friday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, Peter King of TheMMQB.com suggested that, if the Broncos struggle to replace left tackle Ryan Clady, a run could be made at Joe Thomas. (The Seahawks, who suddenly don’t have Russell Okung for at least eight weeks, could be interested, too.)

But that would be a very tough sell in Cleveland. With arguably the best offensive player already gone, trading arguably the best remaining offensive player could prompt a torches-and-pitchforks assault on the Factory of Sadness.

Receivers Josh Gordon and Greg Little could be available, if anyone wants them. The problem for the Browns is that, by trading one, they’ll have to trust the other. And they know they can’t trust either.

Other possible candidates to be traded out of Cleveland include quarterback Brandon Weeden (if/when he’s healthy and if Brian Hoyer or Jason Campbell step up), tackle Mitchell Schwartz, and defensive lineman Ahtyba Rubin.

Some players will be untouchable, starting with the players signed or drafted by the new regime. Cornerback Joe Haden, linebacker D’Qwell Jackson, and defensive tackle Phil Taylor are old-management hires who likely aren’t going anywhere soon.

----

Fresh Prince fans will like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllxle2aZXg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the Browns trade Joe Thomas every fan of that team should find a new team. Ugh. You don't trade a franchise left tackle, I don't care what the management situation is.

jakncoke

Banned
I just hope Detroit doesn't do what they always do and let a running QB have a career day.

Also, Reggie Bush is still a gametime decision. Just sit him. We need him for the rest of the year.

Be a hit to ol' Bush 1800! He'll have to finish 118 per game to finish the season then!

Spades

I've just been busy with FFXIV, taking away a chunk of my time

My wife has been playing it on PS3. We both played XI but as XIV wasn't available on 360 (and I have so many games in my backlog right now), I passed.

Been watching her play and I have to say that it looks superb - such beautiful world locations compared to XI. Maybe I will get another PS3 so we can play together...

MiKeD

Banned
Oh there it was again: "The kid's a winner".
The single most annoying sentence used by analysts. Or at least it's up there.

Godslay

Banned
Rise from your grave... Graverobber.

Anyways, a trade for Joe Thomas doesn't make any sense to me. Clady's going to get his money, and they would have to pay Thomas as well. Too much money tied up in both of them. They'll wait for Clady to return. Plus why would the Browns trade a true franchise player, one that is going to protect whatever rookie QB they are going to draft going forward? Thomas is locked up until 2018, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom