• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Im not overly confident either. I respect this years Dolphins for sure.
Its in the Dome so at least theres that.
I think the Dolphins will have a decent shot if they can keep it close. If they go down by 10 or 14 fairly early they will be cooked. The Saints are a scary team this year so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Dolphins match up.

The Dolphins will be heroes to all mankind if they can win like the Patriots and knock them out of first for once.
After last night I am convinced that the Pats will take the division. They are just too consistently mistake free to lose enough games for the Dolphins to overtake them. Even if the Dolphins continue to overachieve their youth and relative inexperience will cost them some winnable games.

cajunator

Banned
I think the Dolphins will have a decent shot if they can keep it close. If they go down by 10 or 14 fairly early they will be cooked. The Saints are a scary team this year so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Dolphins match up.

After last night I am convinced that the Pats will take the division. They are just too consistently mistake free to lose enough games for the Dolphins to overtake them. Even if the Dolphins continue to overachieve their youth and relative inexperience will cost them some winnable games.

We are getting Jahri back on the Oline so thats pretty significant there. Its been holding up somewhat but with him in there it might open the rungame up again and keep Brees upright.

Alright. I'm feeling better.
A troubled night's sleep has washed some of the salt away.
The Falcons will be getting some key pieces back in time for what should be easy games, in tandem with a theoretically light conference schedule.
Hoping the team can bolster secondary's performance, STOP BIG PLAYS, and add some variety to their offensive schemes.

That hasn't prevented this morning's talk radio from being hilarious/horrible.
Some portions of this city are showing their colors, ship is being abandoned, if some of these callers are any indication.

squicken

I curious about Phil Rivers. It seems all they did was go from Norv to McCoy. The receivers are hardly world beaters there. Woodhead and Gates are the best receivers. I know the OL has improved. But I think for every team that hates their offensive coordinator, SD is evidence of how much an upgrade matters.

Or look at Reggie Bush. We all know his flaws, but he's in the perfect system for what he can do. I think Bill Walsh had a quote about only very few NFL people actually understand offense, and it is still true.

What's weird is I think Kubiak is one of those people, but he has this bizarre stubborn streak that undermines it. Benching Tate was such a bad idea. They really needed fresh legs at the end of the game

edit: Also, Hoyer Everyone trolled Lombardi for his Hoyer fetish. He might just be barely average, but that's a big upgrade for them. Sadly for CLE this will be their only year with Horton. Such a good defensive coach

ShaneB

Through 3 episodes of Breaking Bad, and I'm hooked. I basically need to stay off the internet for the next while to avoid any spoilers.

Seeing those Broncos highlights, and that offence is just terrifying.

edit: also I bought this book, will be a fun read.

51CbEFKGgML._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-67,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

bionic77

Who wins first, is last to get a win on the board, and who gets the first pick?

Of course I am talking about the intense competition at the bottom between the Jags, Steelers, and Giants.

The Steelers mediocrity and inability to win is going to be severely tested against the Jests. Likewise it will be a real struggle for the Giants to continue to put 0s on the board on offense now they are playing the Eagles.

The Jags look like the early favorite to stay winless the longest, but the thing about these Steelers and Giants is you just can't count them out. They continue to find ways to lose and I expect this to be a close competition to the every end!

Of course I am talking about the intense competition at the bottom between the Jags, Steelers, and Giants.

The Steelers mediocrity and inability to win is going to be severely tested against the Jests. Likewise it will be a real struggle for the Giants to continue to put 0s on the board on offense now they are playing the Eagles.

The Jags look like the early favorite to stay winless the longest, but the thing about these Steelers and Giants is you just can't count them out. They continue to find ways to lose and I expect this to be a close competition to the every end!
The Jags have this competition locked up without a shadow of a doubt, in my opinion. The Steelers and Giants will both put together some moderate streaks at some point during the season I'd imagine but the Jags are just a complete mess of a team right now with almost no ability whatsoever to score points.

Steelers will beat the Jets on Sunday. I have no idea about the Giants right now, their total meltdown has been kind of baffling to me, to be honest.

cajunator

Banned
The Panthers blew out the Falcons in one game and got Rivera'd against them in the other last year.

And that was a better Falcons team against a worse Panthers

Can't take divisional games in the NFCS for granted.

I never EVER underestimate NFC South divisional games. I fear them. I hate them. Yet I love the excitement and high stakes they bring every year. no matter how shitty any of our teams are doing these games BRING IT.

You guys have impressed me with your ability to pull out L's when it seemed you could win. Crash for Clowney will be an exciting race.

bionic77

The Jags have this competition locked up without a shadow of a doubt, in my opinion. The Steelers and Giants will both put together some moderate streaks at some point during the season I'd imagine but the Jags are just a complete mess of a team right now with almost no ability whatsoever to score points.

Steelers will beat the Jets on Sunday. I have no idea about the Giants right now, their total meltdown has been kind of baffling to me, to be honest.
:lol

We just gave up 34 points to the Vikings in 3 quarters dude. A team that could not beat anyone until they played us.

I don't agree that we are favored against the Jets this week. We continue to find ways to lose. I do agree that the Giants are a total mystery. We continue to lose but the Giants are getting blown out every week and Eli and company have scored 7 points in the last 2 weeks. I want to disagree with you about the Jags, but Jesus their schedule is brutal. 0-16 seems possible with that schedule. And I would say the same thing if the Steelers had to play it.

All I have left at this point is to see the Pats lose in January and to hope that the teams ahead of us in the draft (if there are any) somehow don't take Clowney.

gutshot

:lol

We just gave up 34 points to the Vikings in 3 quarters dude. A team that could not beat anyone until they played us.

I don't agree that we are favored against the Jets this week. We continue to find ways to lose. I do agree that the Giants are a total mystery. We continue to lose but the Giants are getting blown out every week and Eli and company have scored 7 points in the last 2 weeks. I want to disagree with you about the Jags, but Jesus their schedule is brutal. 0-16 seems possible with that schedule. And I would say the same thing if the Steelers had to play it.

All I have left at this point is to see the Pats lose in January and to hope that the teams ahead of us in the draft (if there are any) somehow don't take Clowney.

It will be interesting to see what the Steelers do if they get that first pick. Do they look to the future and draft Roethlisberger's replacement? Or do they take Clowney and hope Big Ben has enough for 2-3 more runs?

squicken

The Jags are 13.5 point dogs to the Rams. Think about that. No one is close to as bad as they are. They are easily coasting to the first pick. The only drama is if they go 0-16

bionic77

It will be interesting to see what the Steelers do if they get that first pick. Do they look to the future and draft Roethlisberger's replacement? Or do they take Clowney and hope Big Ben has enough for 2-3 more runs?
Even if Ben is done if we actually do get the first pick you have to take Clowney or the best defensive player on the board.

There are not can't miss qb's in the draft this year. There rarely are if we are being honest. Clowney is a can't miss player if he is even moderately interested in the game.

If they want to draft a qb then wait until the 2nd or 3rd round. If you are patient you can always find a Fraudgers lurking in the weeds.

Fantomex

Dolphins just need to show me heart and poise tonight. I want to seee Tannehill progressing and being money on third down with these different blitz schemes they'll be giving him. I am expecting Lamar Miller and Thomas to be ineffective and stagnant. Hopefully we are only down by 10 at the half. I would love to see Dion Jordan play all game in stunts or helping to cover Graham over the middle, he would do much better than a db or lb.

Also regarding Schaub, I'm expecting them to finish 10-6 at the worst. Who can they draft or trade for besides a project orr journeyman QB like Kyle Orton, Freeman or Cousins? Might have to Schoob it for 2 years.

jmdajr

Also regarding Schaub, I'm expecting them to finish 10-6 at the worst. Who can they draft or trade for besides a project orr journeyman QB like Kyle Orton, Freeman or Cousins? Might have to Schoob it for 2 years.

Well only free agent I see next year is Cutler and we can't afford him with JJ Watts contract coming up. I don't know what we do unless we get a steal in the draft or pick up some disgruntled QB from another team.

Fantomex

Well only free agent I see next year is Cutler and we can't afford him with JJ Watts contract coming up. I don't know what we do unless we get a steal in the draft or pick up some disgruntled QB from another team.

If you guys have Tacos, Freeman will come.

MechDX

schaub is who he is. Tj nor Case at midseason won't be any better. Matt can be cut free after this season with no dead money against cap.

bionic77

Oh boo fucking hoo.

My stacked team needs a better quarterback and competent coach or else we might not win 10 games this year.

Cry me a fucking river!

Fuck the Pats.

Also Steelers have run a whopping 34 plays with a lead this year, 0 in the 2nd hafl
Are you sure about that stat?

I feel like we have not led at all this year.

squicken

The hidden play of the Seahawks-Texans game was Shane Lechler's punt to the Seahawks seven-yard line to start the fourth possession of overtime. Lechler was signed explicitly to provide this kind of clutch kick, but Eddie Pleasant (whose name sounds like Eric Idle playing a swinging London lounge lizard) ran far out of bounds on his way to defend the return, resulting in a penalty. Lechler launched another bomb on the re-kick, but Golden Tate decided to return it from the goal line and somehow slithered 31 yards. That's a 24-yard field position difference, in overtime, in a game decided by a 45-yard field goal. Mister Pleasant is good, Mister Pleasant's OK, but it's not so pleasant after all, hey hey!

display_image.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Oh boo fucking hoo.

My stacked team needs a better quarterback and competent coach or else we might not win 10 games this year.

Cry me a fucking river!

Are you sure about that stat?

I feel like we have not led at all this year.

That what steelers depot on my twitter said

Crisco

Banned
I curious about Phil Rivers. It seems all they did was go from Norv to McCoy. The receivers are hardly world beaters there. Woodhead and Gates are the best receivers. I know the OL has improved. But I think for every team that hates their offensive coordinator, SD is evidence of how much an upgrade matters.

Or look at Reggie Bush. We all know his flaws, but he's in the perfect system for what he can do. I think Bill Walsh had a quote about only very few NFL people actually understand offense, and it is still true.

What's weird is I think Kubiak is one of those people, but he has this bizarre stubborn streak that undermines it. Benching Tate was such a bad idea. They really needed fresh legs at the end of the game

edit: Also, Hoyer Everyone trolled Lombardi for his Hoyer fetish. He might just be barely average, but that's a big upgrade for them. Sadly for CLE this will be their only year with Horton. Such a good defensive coach

The problem with Rivers under Norv is that he kept trying to force an offensive system that they no longer had the personnel to run. You can't run the ball and rely on deep jump balls off play action when your running backs and receivers stink.

jakncoke

Banned
Ahh yes were up 2-0 on the Titans for an entire 1st
Ahh yes were up 3-0 on the bengals till whenever they scored

mmmm sb run incoming

Nightz

Rivers threw his 200th career TD pass yesterday against the Cowboys. His receiver was Antonio Gates. Oddly enough, his 100th TD pass was thrown to Gates, also against the Cowboys.

And Dwight Freeney has a torn quad. The injury curse continues for the Chargers.

Now I know where all these Pats fans come from. The deceased get made into honorary Patriots fan and then the Dark Lord Belichick revives them as the undead.
Pats fans have always struck me as brainless, smelly and overly aggressive, now I know why!

Now I know where all these Pats fans come from. The deceased get made into honorary Patriots fan and then the Dark Lord Belichick revives them as the undead.
Pats fans have always struck me as brainless, smelly and overly aggressive, now I know why!

coldplay pls. thats mean to say

yall finna get this work on sunday

Top Bottom