• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

bionic77

Rivers threw his 200th career TD pass yesterday against the Cowboys. His receiver was Antonio Gates. Oddly enough, his 100th TD pass was thrown to Gates, also against the Cowboys.

And Dwight Freeney has a torn quad. The injury curse continues for the Chargers.
Rivers has to have the ugliest throwing motion I have ever seen. It looks like a shot put throw at times.

But it works and at least your team isn't the Steelers!

BigAT

Steelers fans, how many more weeks are we able to hug out our mutual depression until things become contentious because we are fighting for draft position?

Nightz

Rivers has to have the ugliest throwing motion I have ever seen. It looks like a shot put throw at times.

But it works and at least your team isn't the Steelers!

Yeah it's not very pretty lol. He threw some weird looking passes yesterday. Even side-armed a couple of them. But he went 35-42 so I'm not complaining.

bionic77

When Ben Tate fumbled, I knew the texans were going to lose.
When I saw Skooby Doo throwing that floater on 3rd down I knew it would be intercepted and they would lose.

It was amazing to see it as it happened. I couldn't believe my eyes that he was actually throwing that ball. Thats the kind of shit Tommy Maddox would do. But he gets a pass for it because he was an XFL champion.

jakncoke

Banned
Steelers fans, how many more weeks are we able to hug out our mutual depression until things become contentious because we are fighting for draft position?

Idk, you may as well say we're out of the playoffs now. So its all about draft position. On Fox pre-game show they said 1 of 184 teams made it from 0-4. I dont know what they were talking about in context, but yeah we both fucked. And we're both in Jags neighborhood of loserdom :(

Ryan Clark doesn't have one foot out the door. He's fully checked out.
Timmons had an awful game.
Steelers can't buy a turnover. This was the third game this season where they forced a fumble only for it to bounce back into the other teams hands. Not to mention Ike Taylor's two dropped picks - though that is to be expected from him.

Offense looked good - Le'veon Bell was a bright spot. I expected about 80 yard in his debut and that's what he got.

Mike Adams was awful. Jared Allen ate him for lunch. Rest of the O-line was serviceable from what I saw. That'll probably change on rewatch though.

Markus Wheaton had two clutch catches yesterday. Bright future for that kid.

Sanders too, though I must say if I had my choice i'd rather Ben get Cotchery. Cotch plays like Hines, we need that right now,

The first week one of us wins and the other doesn't.

Banned
I'm happy my titans won but losing Locker pretty much ends our season lol. Oh well, at least we started 3-1.

bionic77

The hugs won't stop.

Our management is not competent enough to put professional football teams on the field. What makes you think that either of our teams in their current state would actually do the right thing with a probable top 5 draft pick?

The hugs might not stop after the season is over bro!

Still bummed about the game last night. I wanted to believe that this was the year the Pats would start fading (as I want to believe every year) but once again I am left with evidence suggesting otherwise. The defense is better than it has been in years and the offense will only improve as the season goes on.

bionic77

Steelers can't buy a turnover. This was the third game this season where they forced a fumble only for it to bounce back into the other teams hands. Not to mention Ike Taylor's two dropped picks - though that is to be expected from him.

Offense looked good - Le'veon Bell was a bright spot. I expected about 80 yard in his debut and that's what he got.

Mike Adams was awful. Jared Allen ate him for lunch. Rest of the O-line was serviceable from what I saw. That'll probably change on rewatch though.

Markus Wheaton had two clutch catches today. Bright future for that kid.
I agree with everything you said.

Clark is going to lose his job over the bye week. I hope he is one of a few on defense. The new guys literally can't be any worse on defense. I think this might be Troy's last year too. He looks flashy getting in the backfield by timing the count but he hasn't done shit in 4 games and looks 3 steps slow.

Ike has actually been decent. But coverage don't mean shit when the rest of the team can't tackle. The tackling was an embarrassment. Ok you get a pass with AP, but we couldn't even tackle Jennings in the open field.

I fear Tomlin has lost a large segment of the team and that is never a good sign.

And yes Adams sucked big time.

Positives. Brown, Bell, Wheaton and Ben all played well. And the middle and right of the line was solid. Play calling on offense was good too.

I don't get why Ben and Cotchery have not been on the same page. Dude is not a rookie and this is not his first year. All year Cotchery and Ben have been off.

I don't get why Ben and Cotchery have not been on the same page. Dude is not a rookie and this is not his first year. All year Cotchery and Ben have been off.

Are you sure you mean Cotchery? The pick Ben threw was on miscommunication with Sanders. Cotchery had a great game yesterday.

jakncoke

Banned

Markus Wheaton had two clutch catches yesterday. Bright future for that kid.

Sanders too, though I must say if I had my choice i'd rather Ben get Cotchery. Cotch plays like Hines, we need that right now,

The first week one of us wins and the other doesn't.

Good thing this is Clark last year on contract so we wont have to eat any dead money

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
When I saw Skooby Doo throwing that floater on 3rd down I knew it would be intercepted and they would lose.

It was amazing to see it as it happened. I couldn't believe my eyes that he was actually throwing that ball. Thats the kind of shit Tommy Maddox would do. But he gets a pass for it because he was an XFL champion.

ben tate fumbled long before that ever happened.

Hunter S.

Still bummed about the game last night. I wanted to believe that this was the year the Pats would start fading (as I want to believe every year) but once again I am left with evidence suggesting otherwise. The defense is better than it has been in years and the offense will only improve as the season goes on.

They still got to face the Texans, Saints, Denver and hell Miami twice. If the AFC East wins a couple against the Pats they could lose four or five. The Dolphins are riding pretty high they could easily have a similar record.

eznark

Banned

I only watched three quarters before having to leave (listened to the rest, but it's impossible to glean anything listening to football games) and the Patriots were incredibly umimpressive. They have abysmal linebackers that can and should be torched repeatedly. If Matt Ryan doesn't bleed through his pad and airmail that 4th and 2 ez td the game is firmly in the Falcons control.

Losing Wilfork is massive. It's going to force those linebackers into even more man underneath as they won't have the luxury of a bulldozer up front stuffing the run. They're going to have to play much more honest and that is bad news.

You guys can at least score points. Giants/Jags unquestionably fighting it out for worst team in the league, IMO. Steelers a close third though!
I still think Giants can beat Eagles if Snee/Baas/CBs are healthy. Their safeties are the worst in the league and their pass rush isn't so much better than the Giants.

LevelNth

Banned
You guys can at least score points. Giants/Jags unquestionably fighting it out for worst team in the league, IMO.
I barely got to watch any of that game yesterday, but is Coughlin running Wilson more or still stubbornly putting Jacobs and Scott out there a lot?

Whether he fumbles again or not, with how god awful your team and Eli are right now I don't see why you don't just run him 25 times a game. He's really good.

I barely got to watch any of that game yesterday, but is Coughlin running Wilson more or still stubbornly putting Jacobs and Scott out there a lot?

Whether he fumbles again or not, with how god awful your team and Eli are right now I don't see why you don't just run him 25 times a game. He's really good.
Wilson 13-55, 2-8
other Giants RBs 8-43, 2-5
If you guys can't score 20 against the Eagles does the OC get fired?
Hopefully!

Raiders next two games are against the Chargers and the Chiefs.

I think there's a chance we can take the Chargers (Assuming Terrelle comes back, Flynn doesn't have a bad arm but apparently he has no pocket awareness), but the Chiefs look pretty intense this year. Man, it's going to be like playing the Broncos again.

Tamanon

Banned
No team is as putrid as the Jags are this year, offensively at least. So horrible. Maybe Blackmon improves things enough to make games competitive.

I only watched three quarters before having to leave (listened to the rest, but it's impossible to glean anything listening to football games) and the Patriots were incredibly umimpressive. They have abysmal linebackers that can and should be torched repeatedly. If Matt Ryan doesn't bleed through his pad and airmail that 4th and 2 ez td the game is firmly in the Falcons control.

Losing Wilfork is massive. It's going to force those linebackers into even more man underneath as they won't have the luxury of a bulldozer up front stuffing the run. They're going to have to play much more honest and that is bad news.
They have weaknesses, sure. They could have lost if things had gone a little differently, sure. You can say the same for just about any game between two above average teams (I still think the Falcons are above average at least).

The fact is the Pats are 4-0. Brady is making less mistakes, the defense is holding in the red zone consistently, and the team is playing the brand of smart football that has led them to success (during the season, anyway) for over a decade. Every team has weaknesses, every team has personnel issues, but the Pats almost always find a way to win in spite of that stuff (again, during the regular season at least).

Soon Gronk will be back which will make the offense better. Thompkins will continue to improve and develop chemistry with Brady. Amendola might get reconstructive surgery to turn his bones into gorilla glass and actually play a few more games.

I'm not saying the Pats are world-beaters and your points are definitely sound (particularly on Wilfork) but I can't see them winning less than 11 or 12 games. And as much as I'm loving the Dolphins so far this season like I said earlier I think they are overachieving somewhat at the moment and I think their youth, inexperience, and lack of depth will end up costing them at least a few games.

Right now with the way things are shaping up I just can't see anyone but New England winning the division.

Smokey

I think the Texans are now charger tier under norv. get a competent coach and all of a sudden rivers looks like a beast again.

Schaub I believe just isn't long for this nfl world tho.

Go rockets

bionic77

No team is as putrid as the Jags are this year, offensively at least. So horrible. Maybe Blackmon improves things enough to make games competitive.
You are probably right, but who thought that the Giants and Steelers would be in the conversation with the Jags as worst team in the league?

I thought for certain that the Jets would be leading in this category.

bionic77

I think the Texans are now charger tier under norv. get a competent coach and all of a sudden rivers looks like a beast again.

Schaub I believe just isn't long for this nfl world tho.

Go rockets
If you liked Scooby Doo you are going to love Dwight!

I guarantee that he will be in your hall of fame for most hated athletes wtihin 2 years.

I hope I am wrong as I have nothing against the Rockets, but I know I am not. :(

They have weaknesses, sure. They could have lost if things had gone a little differently, sure. You can say the same for just about any game between two above average teams (I still think the Falcons are above average at least).

The fact is the Pats are 4-0. Brady is making less mistakes, the defense is holding in the red zone consistently, and the team is playing the brand of smart football that has led them to success (during the season, anyway) for over a decade. Every team has weaknesses, every team has personnel issues, but the Pats almost always find a way to win in spite of that stuff (again, during the regular season at least).

Soon Gronk will be back which will make the offense better. Thompkins will continue to improve and develop chemistry with Brady. Amendola might get reconstructive surgery to turn his bones into gorilla glass and actually play a few more games.

I'm not saying the Pats are world-beaters and your points are definitely sound (particularly on Wilfork) but I can't see them winning less than 11 or 12 games. And as much as I'm loving the Dolphins so far this season like I said earlier I think they are overachieving somewhat at the moment and I think their youth, inexperience, and lack of depth will end up costing them at least a few games.

Right now with the way things are shaping up I just can't see anyone but New England winning the division.

nope

pats suck

The Pats are the best coached team in the league. That hasn't changed.

What has changed is their talent. They have next to none. Well, except for Julian Edelman. What a beast he is.

Watched some games but couldn't post about them. But I am sorry to all the Texans fans out there. It was like 20-3 then I blinked it was a tie game. Matt Schaub lol.
JJ Watt was a bloody mess during the game, defense was great. After Cushing went out, it went downhill from there. Beast Mode just going through everything.

Joe Flacco 5 INTS, anybody hear that NOOOOO!! ON one of them.

Patriots impressive win.
Still not sold on the defense. Soon Drew Brees will show you why.
Matt Ryan, how many more ending 4th downs can you not get?
Replay system not working lol

Peyton Manning...Beastin
16 TD passes - 0 INT. Countdown 2 mores games, Von Miller returns

Big Ben is wrong, Jags are the worst team, but the Steelers are close.

AFC West is the strongest division in football. NFC East is the weakest

He got 13 carries and the running game didn't look too terrible yesterday to be honest but you say that as though the team hasn't tried to run the ball. They have. They simply can't. The offensive line is an unmitigated disaster right now. They can't pass block, they can't run block and the QB is pressing more than ever to make a play which is why the ball is getting turned over. That's not to excuse Eli either but it's the same symptoms as 2010 when he had the 25 interceptions. He's taking big risks when he shouldn't to try and spark the offense. It's what you get with Eli for better or worse and while he deserves a portion of the blame, there were at least 3 deep balls yesterday that should have been completed by receivers who simply dropped the ball. One of those at least should have been a touchdown.

Once McCluster ran back the TD, I posted and said it would end up being a blow out because the defense had very little reason to keep playing. They were left out to dry and for as bad as the defense supposedly is - they have continually been left out to dry over three games. We held a prolific Broncos offense to 10 points in a half of football! 10 points! The offense did nothing. Absolutely nothing. The Cowboys game? 6 turnovers and the defense is asked to stop an offense with a short field over and over again.

Yeah......

squicken

The problem with Rivers under Norv is that he kept trying to force an offensive system that they no longer had the personnel to run. You can't run the ball and rely on deep jump balls off play action when your running backs and receivers stink.

Thanks. It really is night and day.

Raiders next two games are against the Chargers and the Chiefs.

I think there's a chance we can take the Chargers (Assuming Terrelle comes back, Flynn doesn't have a bad arm but apparently he has no pocket awareness), but the Chiefs look pretty intense this year. Man, it's going to be like playing the Broncos again.

Pls. I'm not worried about them, it will be a close defensive game. To take a page out of Gata's book, whatever offense manages to put more points on the board will win. SD might actually be the tougher game since they will score some points, not sure we can keep up with them. If we drop these next 2 division games, that's it for us.

LevelNth

Banned
Yikes, didn't realize Schaub has thrown pick-sixes in three straight games. That one yesterday was hysterically bad, I still have no clue what he was thinking.

eznark

Banned

I don't disagree with any of it, but unlike a team like Denver or Seattle at home, you don't need to play near-perfect to beat them.

Gata, pm me my avatar when its ready.

Its a must win against the Jets next week.

If the offense could just figure out their redzone issues, we'd be completely fine.

Smokey

If you liked Scooby Doo you are going to love Dwight!

I guarantee that he will be in your hall of fame for most hated athletes wtihin 2 years.

I hope I am wrong as I have nothing against the Rockets, but I know I am not. :(

Rockets have the most competent front office in this city. Schaub has thrown a pick that has cost his team for the last 7 games. If he throws a pick 6 against the niners, which by the way, is on Sunday night football he will have set a record. Most consecutive games with a taint.

Given that this is a prime time game and schaub is even worse in these I'm very tempted to take a prop bet and put money on him throwing a pick 6.

Yet these goobers and big headed aggie can't see that this guy is garbo and refuses to make a change. He's costing the team games. He's given up as many touchdowns in games as the defense is. Fuck kubiak. Fuck schaub.

Go Dwight

The difference in point differential between the Giants/Jags is not as substantial as you think.:(

If you guys can't score 20 against the Eagles does the OC get fired?
Doubtful. John Mara doesn't generally make in-season changes to the staff and I don't think that changes here.

Top Bottom