• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Afrikan

Lavar Arrington said Schaub acts as if a defender touching him has the cooties....lololololol...seems so true.

he says you are going to get touched in this league...get over it and just play.

LevelNth

Banned
Sir Alex Smith is the new gold standard for that role. We want to say he can never win a SB, but he was a Kyle Williams punt gaffe from making it there
Unfortunately he actually played like garbage that game outside of two solid tosses to Davis. As much as I will never forgive Williams for his idiocy on that unnecessary return/carelessness, Smith should've won us the game way before that.

Oh and early whistle BS.

Jermichael Finley (concussion) admitted to memory loss and vision impairment following his Week 3 concussion.

Bengals S George Iloka was fined $15,000 for knocking Finley unconscious. When Finley came to, he couldn't see right. "I looked at the sideline and all I saw was jerseys," Finley said. "I saw the yellow pants we wore, and I didn't see no head or legs. Everybody was decapitated and my body was on fire."
So basically he was playing the Madden '13 demo on PS3.
Unfortunately he actually played like garbage that game outside of two solid tosses to Davis. As much as I will never forgive Williams for his idiocy on that unnecessary return/carelessness, Smith should've won us the game way before that.

Oh and early whistle BS.
Also the two deep throws where he missed open players in the 4th and OT.

harSon

Banned
The 1st and 33rd pick are looking like a lock! Steeler fans, IF we were to get a top 3 pick, would you use the pick or maybe trade down a bit?

A few thoughts about the Lions-Bears game:

- The offensive line is playing so much better than I anticipated. Even fatty Raiola looks like an NFL player. The best run blocking I've seen on a Detroit team since I started watching football. Reiff is a stud LT so far and Warford has been sensational as a rookie. It helped that Melton was out. But I'm still pleased.

- Suh is having a ridiculous season so far. It might now show up on the stat sheet, but he has decimated the line of scrimmage so far. Has really freed up the other D-line members and the backers to make plays as well as forcing Cutler to be uncomfortable for the first time all year. I'm just thoroughly impressed with him so far.

- Pettigrew played really well in Nate's absence yesterday, as did Durham. It was a nice collective effort by the skill position group. Except for bunk as Tony Scheffler. What a fall from grace

- Reggie Bush has been ridiculous. I really underestimated what his signing would do because I have zero faith in Scott Linnehan. But God damn does he change things. He accelerates so fast through the wholes (which, again, the O-line has done a tremendous job with) that he often doesn't get touched until he gets to the secondary. And I can't forget about Joique "G.O.A.T." Bell powering through defenses week in and week out. We'll ignore that fumble this time, Joique.

- Sam Martin is the best draft pick Detroit had. Without doubt

- Kyle Long got pushed around a bit, but I'll eat crow and admit he has played really well and I look forward to him and Suh/Fairley battling for years. Guy is an ornry and tough fucker. Anyone else notice how he got the raw deal in the gene pool for looks? Dude is a fucking ogre when compared to Chris Long

I was really scared coming into this game because the Bears looked pretty competent and more composed than in years past. But Jay turned into Jay again and Reggie ignited some life into Ford Field to secure the victory. Going into GB is a different story, though. Detroit playing at home is one thing, but in GB? The Packers own Detroit at Lambeau. Rodgers isn't Cutler, either. With both Houston and Mathis going down (Idk Houston's status as of right now, but Mathis is golden) in the Bears game, Detroit will have to rely on an up and down Darius Slay, Bill "broken coverage" Bentley, and Jonte Green to cover the field. Rodgers will set single game records if that is the case. I just don't see Detroit coming out of Lambeau with a W this week.

Lavar Arrington said Schaub acts as if a defender touching him has the cooties....lololololol...seems so true.
he says you are going to get touched in this league...get over it and just play.
Beltre3.gif

adrian-beltre-head-touch.gif

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/90237/nfl-week-4-quarterback-report

ESPN's QB Report

Flacco threw a career-high five interceptions in a loss to the Buffalo Bills, and it wasn't like he was forcing the ball downfield. Four of them came on passes shorter than 15 yards past the line of scrimmage. (He also continued to struggle on downfield passes, completing just 4-of-15 that traveled 15 or more yards downfield.) The Ravens abandoned the run game, throwing on 85.8 percent of their plays, allowing the Bills' defense to settle in the intermediate route area. Two of Flacco's four sacks were especially significant, coming on first down in the fourth quarter of a one-score game.

Briefly: The Washington Redskins' extra commitment to the running game paid off for Griffin. They ran on 48 percent of their plays, and 40 percent of the time when trailing Sunday, as compared to 26 percent and 21 percent, respectively, over the first three weeks. As a result, Griffin completed 10 of 13 play-action passes for 113 yards.

DMczaf

Mike Glennon
Passer rating: 55.7
QBR: 18.3
Briefly: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers pulled way back on their downfield passing ambitions in Glennon's first start. His 43 attempts averaged 6.6 yards past the line of scrimmage, down from 10.9 yards with Josh Freeman. All told, 72 percent of Glennon's passes traveled fewer than 10 yards downfield, and he did not complete a pass that traveled more than 14 yards past the line of scrimmage.

tumblr_mtuc6wTAeq1soy2w4o4_250.gif

On FirstTake earlier, Ron and Stephen A both called out the Texans. While Jaws believes a lot of the blame falls on the predictable play calling and vanilla offense, Skip and Screamin A basically said Shaub stinks.

Jaws, always a QB, was a little hesitant to blame much on Shaub.

WOW didn't know 6 pick 6's in the last 6 games.

I saw that too. Cannot believe he doesn't understand why Houston fans are so irate. Also, the elephant in the room that no one talked about: Kubiak. If the play calling is predictable, vanilla, if the team doesn't have a "killer instinct" as Jaws said, who do you place that blame on BUT the coach. Kubiak plays conservatively in big moments, and unlike Denver, when they kept the pressure on Philadelphia when it was clearly over, Texans let Seattle hang around and got burned. Now Indianapolis and Tennessee lead the division, and Houston is on the outside. Houston doesn't have time to burn, because Tennessee has a legit defense, and Locker has been much better than people were expecting; Indianapolis is coming together behind Luck. Schaub is enough of an anchor to keep the team from ever achieving what is expected of them, no matter how much that team has.

jakncoke

Banned
Ben was married July 23 2011. Steelers since then are 18-14 and soon to be under .500. Clearly its that wenches fault! He is 69-29 and 3 sbs(2 wins) in the time he fucked everything

Going into the bye week I take consolation in the fact that the offense has improved greatly the last two weeks. Ben actually looks like Ben again now that he has Heath to throw to.

Revolver

I'm happy my titans won but losing Locker pretty much ends our season lol. Oh well, at least we started 3-1.

Rumor going around twitter is that he'll miss 4-8 weeks. We've got a tough stretch coming up too with KC, Seattle and San Fran. Ugh. Not looking forward to Fitztragic starting those games. If only there were a QB out there we could bring in that Just Winz...

ewpoopsq.jpg

squicken

- Kyle Long got pushed around a bit, but I'll eat crow and admit he has played really well and I look forward to him and Suh/Fairley battling for years. Guy is an ornry and tough fucker. Anyone else notice how he got the raw deal in the gene pool for looks? Dude is a fucking ogre when compared to Chris Long

There's a third brother who like 5'7" and looks like an elf when he is next to the other two and Howie. He's the one who lost that gene lottery

Godslay

Banned
Didn't Detective Godslay expose the truth? Much like Lunchbox's Michigan residency?

I mentioned it in a post saying something to the effect of a Jags fan pretending to be a Pats fan. Was a post a couple years ago. Then he lost the avatar bet and I gave him the Jagatar. The rest is history. Probably shouldn't lay claim to it, cause it might earn me a retroactive ban. History is history I guess. Gata is my friend though, even with as much grief as I give him. I've got the receipts to prove it!

jmdajr

Don't ever listen to Jay Mohr, but he gave Schoob a good bashing as well as Kubes.

"I want Kubiak to go up to the podium and say ,' We lost because Matt threw a pick 6.' "

jbug617

Banned
I seen a crazy stat on twitter yesterday that since Rex joined the Jets he has the same record as Coughlin including playoff wins.

Top Bottom