• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Godslay

Banned
Maybe. I guess I'm more like Slay and waiting for the post-season to validate what we've been seeing. Denver seems motivated after that one and done last year, so hopefully it will be enough to keep from making the same mistakes twice.

I should clarify a bit. I think we can validate what we are seeing to some degree. If they continue consistently, we can call them a decent/good defense. Same with the offense.

Obviously there will be variances week to week depending on the gameplan. I think we are good on both sides of the ball, but we have only seen it against teams that are on the slide to one degree or another.

I want to see it against a good team, and maybe the Boys will offer that. I want to see how mentally tough this team is, because I think part of the reason we lost to the Ravens is that the punched us in the mouth, and the team wilted to some degree. So prior to going to the playoffs, I would love to see a tough win over a good/great team. Will we see it? I don't know.

As far as the post-season, I couldn't care less about records. They are nice little tidbits, but I want this team to show up and destroy in the playoffs (assuming they make it). Only when they complete the job is when I will validate them as a great team. Sounds irrational, but if they don't complete the job there are merely a good team in my mind. Great teams win Superbowls.

Godslay

Banned
Good job Orlando, I knew you were a good guy...

ifpmVfz5RYD19.png

Tabris

We lost to Ravens because Ray Lewis was retiring. Nothing was stopping them.

Oh, and Rahim Moore. He didn't help our case.

Freeman isn't one strike away from a suspension, but he is subject to random drug tests. Per Chris Mortensen's source, Freeman "has obtained a temporary use exemption for a prescription drug that normally would be on the banned list." While interesting, this really doesn't mean a whole lot. Freeman's status as a "stage one participant" doesn't even necessarily mean he tested positive for an illegal substance. There are three stages to the substance-abuse program. The medical director determines the length of stage one status.
Looks like he got an exemption for the new spicy sauce from the tacos.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Somehow I feel that game was more what the Texans didn't do than what Seattle did.
It was a bit of both. We made key second half adjustments and capitalized on the key opportunities given to us. The pick six was as much on our secondary as on Schaub, as Sherman was able to see the play coming, communicate the proper bait to Earl Thomas, and then jump the route.

cdyhybrid

Somehow I feel that game was more what the Texans didn't do than what Seattle did.

I'm inclined to agree. We did take advantage of the opportunities we got, which should count for something, but the Texans should have won that game.

The margin for error is just so small.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm a little worried that the Packers signing a RB from the practice squad may signal poor health for one of the others (probably Lacy).

ShaneB

Busy all day, but just get home to see I haven't missed C'mon man. All is good. And Burman is back!

edit: And I started reading that Seahawk book I mentioned earlier, great fun read :)

Lunchbox

Banned
I'm inclined to agree. We did take advantage of the opportunities we got, which should count for something, but the Texans should have won that game.

The margin for error is just so small.

that game was the patriot-niners from last year for you

niners downfall started after Josh McD and belichick put 40 points and exposed that defense in 1 half. thats what shaub did to your D, before going back to schooob mode. your false bravado is over, Cassel/Hoyer will torch your addy addicts

It was a bit of both. We made key second half adjustments and capitalized on the key opportunities given to us. The pick six was as much on our secondary as on Schaub, as Sherman was able to see the play coming, communicate the proper bait to Earl Thomas, and then jump the route.

Don't get me wrong, Seattle -- more Wilson -- did what they had to do to win, but Texans made it a lot easier to happen. Pick 6, unnecessary roughness penalty for game winning FG.

Pimpwerx

Ugh...we'll never hear the end of the Culpepper over Brees decision.

Not the worst decision we've made. I think passing on hiring Tomlin because "he's too hip-hop" might be the dumbest decision this franchise ever made. Bill fucking Parcells is the biggest piece of shit the game of football has ever known. He can die in a fire. PEACE.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Not the worst decision we've made. I think passing on hiring Tomlin because "he's too hip-hop" might be the dumbest decision this franchise ever made. Bill fucking Parcells is the biggest piece of shit the game of football has ever known. He can die in a fire. PEACE.

Fuck Bill Parcells. Dude did nothing but set this franchise back.

Lunchbox

Banned
Not the worst decision we've made. I think passing on hiring Tomlin

who?

you mean the fucker who inherited a set team, systematically ruined it with bad drafts and replacements and is now 0-4?

yeah biiiiiig mistake. we are in your division, having montana and steve youngs love child with lombardi coaching wont help you win it. know your place

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
East coast brothers, how many of you are actually going to stay up for that Raiders game next week?

:jnc yeah fucking right.

Why dont the Dolphins wear orange jerseys anymore? I remember they play New England on MNF wearing them and picked Brady off after he threw it from sitting down.

ESPN scaring the shit out of me showing off the Saints weapons lol

Ray's prediction starting with me pumping my fist and ended with my middle finger at the TV

Top Bottom