• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Tom Penny

Next-Gen is here (?)

madden-next-gen-2-header_656x369.jpg

Pretty much uncanny valley

0809-Broncos-NFL-kickoff-Peyton-Manning_full_380.jpg

Yeah its hard to judge Denver's D. They basically defend the pass and maybe that's why their pass D looks bad. If ever they were in a situation where they needed the D to make some crucial stops we would be able to see how good the D is.

Maybe. I guess I'm more like Slay and waiting for the post-season to validate what we've been seeing. Denver seems motivated after that one and done last year, so hopefully it will be enough to keep from making the same mistakes twice.

Most teams do that for even rookie QBs. They usually have some sort of kill call to at least get out of a run or pass. Kubiak is saying that the play he calls in has to be run absolutely, no changes allowed. Bananas

So it's a "trust the system" above all else, thing. I'm pretty sure Norv Turner rolls like that, as well.

Godslay

Banned
The defense is fine imo. Coverage has been good, LBs have played very well, and the line is consistent in run stopping. Pressure has been hit or miss. Yes, we've been using the pin our ears back when up, but as Panic Freak pointed out Von will help immensely.

Plus, there are plenty of garbage time stats added to that total. There are things that they can clean up obviously, but it's been a solid crew. There is nothing that gives me immediate cause for concern.

Tread lightly.

For some reason they remind me more of the 09 Colts. Yea, 07 Pats were pretty dominant, but I don't think the Broncos go undefeated. Then again I could be wrong, Peyton almost went undefeated with Jim Caldwell at head coach. Caldwell was a pretty good QB coach though!

We steamrolled through some teams that year, and he was amazing in the 4th Q that year outside of the Superbowl. The 07 Pats should've lost against the Ravens that year, I haven't seen a ref robbing that bad in a while. While the numbers seem more 07 Pats like, the team just reminds me more of the 09 Colts. That was the one year 2 of the best teams that year actually made it to the Superbowl. I hope we get something like that again this year.

This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed...bitch!

I'll keep it classy, no need to tread lightly.

Texans gaf. Trade ya Britt for Case Keenum.

E: Also listening to the Dan Patrick Show he asked Dungy what Peypey team is better, this year or 09.

He said and under my impression Dungy had this "are you serious" look.. Definitely 09 team was better.

My wife and I lol

Wait, WHAT?

Yup, I posted that could happen a couple days ago, and in fact, it could start later. The A's play on Saturday and apparently it takes 18 hours to convert the stadium from baseball to football. Also, no other game can be on during Sunday Night Football, so if that game runs late, the Raiders/Chargers game could start after midnight on the east coast. The only good news is that the game is rumored to now be on NFL Network.

Pimpwerx

I like that Reilly piece on Ricky Williams. I really like the guy, and wish him the best. You can really tell he's quit smoking weed. He sounds a lot sharper. I hope he can develop as a coach and establish a long career in that regard. He deserves it as one of the realest guys to play the game. I can totally relate to him. PEACE.

squicken

ATL crew brought up idea that the Giants were tipping the run by bringing in Wilson, who they don't trust to do anything else. I wonder if it's similar with Richardson? Brown had a lot more room to run. Like that 2nd TD that Peterson had vs Pittsburgh. Biggest hole he has had all year

Tabris

By the way, I was super impressed by Seattle this weekend. If they can come back on the road like that, then they are the real deal.

Tamanon

Banned
Damn, Freeman is trying to go the full Vince Young.

Hope they're keeping an eye out on the facility for any suicide attempts.

MechDX

Top Bottom