• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Iaint welching shit. Just you guys sound like the regular season is over in week 4. A lesson I learned last year.

This is a league of you never know.
To be clear, I'm not saying it's in the bag for Seattle, just that it isn't in the bag for Houston because "lol Seattle sux on the road".

Vio-Lence

Banned
After 3 weeks, the only 2 NFC teams with wins over the AFC are the Bears and the Seahawks. Take it as you will.

Week 4 Schedule
THU, SEP 26
49ers @ Rams

SUN, SEP 29
Ravens @ Bills
Cardinals @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Vikings Who's tanking better for the number 1 pick?
Giants @ Chiefs
Colts @ Jaguars
Seahawks @ Texans
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Jets @ Titans Titans defense too much for Geno.
Redskins @ Raiders
Eagles @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Chargers
Patriots @ Falcons

MON, SEP 30
Dolphins @ Saints

Smokey

This is madness. Seahawks are the best team in football, period. Texans defense hasnt been the same since the great start last year. Lynch is gonna run over them, and the Seahawks defense is going to feast on Schaub. Guy couldnt do anything against a terrible Ravens D. The only thing crazier then picking the Texans to win would be picking the Eagles to win this week. Man I wish they would just forfeit the game so that no one gets hurt.

Texans defense is playing well this year. It's the offense. I have zero confidence that Schaub will be able to do anything against this defense, past the rockies or not.

Ben1stpickBears_zpsa285d547.gif

1st Interception. Beachum (#68) in at Left Tackle for Adams (#76). Switches off one rusher to take the free rusher, Foster doesn't help pick him up.

Shagwell

Ben1stpickBears_zpsa285d547.gif

1st Interception. Beachum (#68) in at Tackle for Adams (#76). Switches off one rusher to take the free rusher, Foster doesn't help pick him up.

Are there any websites out there that break down NFL games from a tactical/strategic viewpoint? I'd love to learn more about what teams did to make the difference for the win and obviously ESPN and NFL.com are both pretty basic stuff.

jmdajr

I'm picking against my team this week. Collapse is imminent.

But you never know...

Texans have bounced back in the past from humiliating loses.

I mean we did beat the Super Bowl champs last year.

I just can't completely throw in the towel until we start losing to the likes of oakland, and jags. Sure they are trap games, but we've done relatively well surviving those.

Smokey

Might as well post the spreads, since I'm interested in people's thoughts on them

I like Jacksonville, Houston, Arizona, Kansas City, NY Jets, Dallas (LOL at this spread), Denver and Atlanta personally.

You should never like Jacksonville

Also you had to have posted that line wrong. No way Colts are dogs against the jags

cdyhybrid

Marry me, Emma. This thread could always use more of her.

THU, SEP 26
49ers @ Rams

SUN, SEP 29
Ravens @ Bills
Cardinals @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Vikings
Giants @ Chiefs
Colts @ Jaguars
Seahawks @ Texans
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Jets @ Titans
Redskins @ Raiders
Eagles @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Chargers
Patriots @ Falcons

MON, SEP 30
Dolphins @ Saints

Go Hawks!

jbug617

Banned
The spread for the Pats game is really low. I know Vegas doesn't believe in Atlanta but they should be favored by more

Godslay

Banned
On Sunday night we get what shouldve been a Super Bowl rematch.

I think both of those ships have sailed.

I guess I cant fault you then, but my god your co-worker is a moron. If the Eagles keep Denver under 60 they should get half a win for the game.

If Denver hits 60, I'll let you pick out my avatar for a week. No other conditions.

Iaint welching shit. Just you guys sound like the regular season is over in week 4. A lesson I learned last year.

This is a league of you never know.

Growing up right in front of our eyes. Somebody get this guy a QB.

Dragon

Banned
This team has yet to earn my confidence this season.
I am...cautious.

Hopefully Gronk comes back and shows Tony Gonzalez what a real tight end is (Tony and me are cool by the way).

I think both of those ships have sailed.

Godslay, the Tom Jackson of NFLGAF.

Tom Jackson said:
“Let me be clear about this. They hate their coach.”

-Tom Jackson, September 14, 2003, on Bill Belichick

Godslay

Banned
The Seahawks beat the jags, panthers, and a slumping 49ers team and everyone is on the bandwagon.

We beat a hungover Ravens team, collapsing Giants team, and the Raiders. Have to watch our own glass house here. Seattle has done the same thing as Denver, dispatch teams they should beat.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Might as well post the spreads, since I'm interested in people's thoughts on them

San Francisco +3
St Louis -3

Indianapolis -9
Jacksonville +9

Pittsburgh OFF
Minnesota OFF

Seattle -3
Houston +3

Arizona 2.5
Tampa Bay -2.5

Cincinnati -5
Cleveland +5

Baltimore -3.5
Buffalo +3.5

Chicago +2.5
Detroit -2.5

NY Giants +4
Kansas City -4

NY Jets +4.5
Tennessee -4.5

Dallas -1
San Diego +1

Washington OFF
Oakland OFF

Philadelphia +13
Denver -13

New England +1.5
Atlanta -1.5

Miami +7
New Orleans -7

I like Jacksonville, Houston, Arizona, Kansas City, NY Jets, Dallas (LOL at this spread), Denver and Atlanta personally.

How in the world is Detroit favored (I realize home team gets 3 points)? This isn't a pickem game. Chicago is a much better team right now, and Detroit just lost its #2 receiver.

kingslunk

You seriously think the dolphins can beat the broncos?

Absolutely not. But I'm extremely biased. I don't think anyone can beat the broncos.

The Broncos are winning without their two best defensive players. That should be noted when discussing the seahawks.

cajunator

Banned
According to who they've played? Probably the Miami Dolphins and if they win against NO then they should definitely be considered the most impressive at this moment.

Im worried about our young oline vs miami pass rush. It is monday night football in the dome though.
It will be interesting.

DwyerOutside_zps8d9d0d10.gif

Decastro (#66) pulling, Dwyer gets outside.

One thing Dwyer has always done well is go. He doesn't dance. He makes a decision and goes with it, for better or worse.

As I get up there in age, my memory aint so good no more.

So I often have to write notes to myself.

Here's one I wrote last night:

8T8FfTA.png

Walter White would be jealous of all dat chemistry.

mike-mccarthy-and-aar8pcbr.gif

Dis Aaron Rodjjurrs looks like a real rude young man. Coach Ditka would never have stood for this sort of abuse.

I wasn't sure who was in first...
qnfEo1c.png

... but it's DA BEARS

Hunter S.

The Seahawks beat the jags, panthers, and a slumping 49ers team and everyone is on the bandwagon.

"Bandwagons" are partly based off of the previous season prefromance when a team continues to win. The Broncos and Seahawks have the longest winning streaks when that is actually taken into account.

JABEE

As I get up there in age, my memory aint so good no more.

So I often have to write notes to myself.

Here's one I wrote last night:

8T8FfTA.png

Walter White would be jealous of all dat chemistry.

mike-mccarthy-and-aar8pcbr.gif

Dis Aaron Rodjjurrs looks like a real rude young man. Coach Ditka would never have stood for this sort of abuse.

I wasn't sure who was in first...
qnfEo1c.png

... but it's DA BEARS
When will this little phase end? What happened to you Buckethead? Have you been introduced to hallucinogenic drugs? Who did this to you?

Is this your cry for help?

rando14

Absolutely not. But I'm extremely biased. I don't think anyone can beat the broncos.

The Broncos are winning without their two best defensive players. That should be noted when discussing the seahawks.

I agree that the Broncos are the #1 team, but the Hawks are also playing without key players as well. It's not proper at this point to call the Hawks overhyped considering that they've had an excellent stretch going back to halfway through the season last year, AND since it's only week 4.

We'll have to wait and see!

and what is football anyways

i9w7QO7vM5o5M.gif

Top Bottom