• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Degenerate niner fans

It was a rough Game Day at Candlestick Park this Sunday, and not just for the Niners.

Fan violence once again reared its ugly head, with reports of several instances at the stadium.

A 15-year-old boy was sent to the hospital with a broken arm, broken nose and a concussion. And an attack on one of the Niners’ faithful fans has her considering never returning to the ‘Stick for another game.

The assault on the teen happened early on in the game. Police say a 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of beating the teenager for allegedly urinating in his car.

A second attack took place as the game ended and the crowd made its way to the gates, according to victim Daisy Barringer.

Whether an arrest was made is not clear.

Barringer, 36, said she was kicked and punched by a female 49ers fan who heard Barringer make a comment to a Colts fan who had bumped into her.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm going to start a new branch of my business that specializes in fixing other contractors' fuck ups. Three jobs in a row.

bionic77

Benfumble_zps90eac07d.gif

The first turnover. Foster (#73) pulling, didn't latch onto anyone, free rusher.

Play looks like a designed QB run.
They are horrible but supposedly it can be tough to recover from a center when it comes to being on the same page as a unit.

Lots of guys have been coming through unblocked every game so far. You can see that Ben doesn't trust the line at all. We were average at running the ball against Chicago so at least they improved on that front, but at the same time I don't know how good Chicago's defense is this year.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Looking forward to the Dolphins/Saints game, should be a fun one.

hartlinedanceondyn.gif

Also, Cam Wake has a mild MCL sprain in his left knee and could miss two to three weeks. That means the Dolphins d-line will be without its best run stopper (Paul Soliai) and best pass rusher. Time for the rookie Dion Jordan to get in there and make an impact.

Go Dolphins!

I'm going into Monday night expecting a loss. I think the Saints are the toughest game on our schedule. We've historically had trouble covering TE's so I expect Graham to have a huge game. Tony G killed on us their first drive Sunday. I think the only reason he slowed down was because he hit his head on the ground early in the game.

It does suck not having Wake, Soliai, and Patterson, but we have a bye in two weeks, so this is probably the best time for injuries. Jordan didn't register a sack last game, but he put a lot of pressure on Matt Ryan. I think he'll have a solid game against the Saints.

1. Seahawks are very different away from home
2. Yall have great recievers
3. Russell Wilson meets JJ Swat

I think it favors yall overall.

This is madness. Seahawks are the best team in football, period. Texans defense hasnt been the same since the great start last year. Lynch is gonna run over them, and the Seahawks defense is going to feast on Schaub. Guy couldnt do anything against a terrible Ravens D. The only thing crazier then picking the Texans to win would be picking the Eagles to win this week. Man I wish they would just forfeit the game so that no one gets hurt.

Zeke

Damn sucks about Spencer being out but Selvie has been top notch so I'm not too concerned. Hopefully that means Spencer can take extra time to heal up and 100%. For now Selvie future!

rando14

1. Seahawks are very different away from home
2. Yall have great recievers
3. Russell Wilson meets JJ Swat

I think it favors yall overall.

Not to mention we're missing Russell Okung.

Definitely possibility for an upset game. Gonna have to pray to the football gods that Schoob helps us out!

This is madness. Seahawks are the best team in football, period. Texans defense hasnt been the same since the great start last year. Lynch is gonna run over them, and the Seahawks defense is going to feast on Schaub. Guy couldnt do anything against a terrible Ravens D. The only thing crazier then picking the Texans to win would be picking the Eagles to win this week. Man I wish they would just forfeit the game so that no one gets hurt.

It's hard to say what'll happen, it'll probably be a low-scoring, last-play kinda game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Gonna get a free lunch on Monday after the Broncos beat the Eagles. Made a small bet with a co-worker.

*Reppin BroncoNation in the City of Brotherly Love.

ShaneB

Team started under ownership of the Nordstrom family in 1976 in the NFC, switched to AFC a year later, Paul Allen's ownership began in 1997, Holmgren was hired in 1999, the uniforms changed in 2002 with the opening of the new stadium, the team also returned to the NFC in 2002, Jim Mora was brought in for 2009, then we wiped the slate clean and brought in Carroll and Schneider in 2010, and then the uniforms changed again in 2012. Oh yeah, 1983 is also of note.

Thanks for the insight as always :) I'll get around to reading a wiki entry or something eventually, I just figure it'll be fun to watch those NFL Films yearbooks since they're always so well done, and it'll be nice to see some Seahawk history in action.

edit: and yeah, the Texans winning wouldn't surprise me at all, excited for the game for sure.

bionic77

Not to mention we're missing Russell Okung.

Definitely possibility for an upset game. Gonna have to pray to the football gods that Schoob helps us out!

It's hard to say what'll happen, it'll probably be a low-scoring, last-play kinda game.
That's every game in the NFL that does not involve the Broncos, Steelers or Giants.

cajunator

Banned
Gonna get a free lunch on Monday after the Broncos beat the Eagles. Made a small bet with a co-worker.

Your avatar is so cute and I love that both studios are working together.
broncos look good but the defense seems a bit vulnerable.

What kind of horrible fucking person are you? Who takes advantage of a mentally handicapped person like that?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Texans are absolutely going to beat the Seahawks. Hawks suck on the road and the Ravens game was the wakeup call the Texans needed.
Texans are frauds to begin with. Regardless of how much away handicap we get, it hardly puts the game in their pocket.

Terrelle Pryor ‏@TerrellePryor 45m

Sorry about the loss RaiderNation. I don't remember much ! Good hit by whoever it was. I heard our team fought well .. We will be back!

Not a good sign. HoFlynn will play against the Redskins. I still like our chances.

eznark

Banned
Packers started the season exactly as I predicted, 1-2 with close losses on the road to SF and Cincinnati. What I didn't expect is that only 5 teams would be ahead of them in the NFC standings. LOL, NFC sucks.

Not a good sign. HoFlynn will play against the Redskins. I still like our chances.
If there is anything Flynn loves it's historically atrocious defenses and playing against offenses that turn the ball over. Matt Flynn will throw for 500 against the Skins.

I'm going into Monday night expecting a loss. I think the Saints are the toughest game on our schedule. We've historically had trouble covering TE's so I expect Graham to have a huge game. Tony G killed on us their first drive Sunday. I think the only reason he slowed down was because he hit his head on the ground early in the game.

It does suck not having Wake, Soliai, and Patterson, but we have a bye in two weeks, so this is probably the best time for injuries. Jordan didn't register a sack last game, but he put a lot of pressure on Matt Ryan. I think he'll have a solid game against the Saints.
I've gone into the Colts and Falcons games expecting losses as well, haha. There's no telling with this team, but like you I do expect them to lose against the Saints. I'll be surprised if Graham has anything less than 100 yards and a TD.

I saw a blog that said Jordan was the highest rated player on the Dolphins D by PFF for the Falcons game. He had four hurries, a QB hit, and a positive grade in run D. I think you're right in that he could have a solid game against the Saints. Our pass rush has been very disappointing the past two weeks so I really hope they get it going again soon.

It's early. Texans D could get it going and the Ravens D has looked fine outside of that Denver game. I could see this being a close one and it wouldn't surprise me if the Texans pulled off the upset.

jmdajr

NICE

Texans dropped a whole 9 spots in the NFL Power rankings. Good job and effort by all.

edit: wow 13 spots for SF. Houston has work to do.

eznark

Banned
Also, the spread on the Colts/Jags game right now is 9 points, I would take the Jags if that spread keeps up. I think it'll be a closer finish than most people think.

Spoken like a man who has not watched the Jaguars play a game all year.

Dragon

Banned
This reminds me of Lucroy breaking his hand when a suitcase fell on it. It's a totally plausible and normal thing, but since we pretend athletes are super heroes I doubt anyone will believe it.

Clay Buchholz said:
"The night we got back from the road trip, just got in bed and had the little girl with me and I feel asleep like this [with her in the crook of his arm] instead of on my back like I usually do," Buchholz said last weekend, as related by my ESPNBoston colleague, Tony Lee. "When I woke up the next morning it felt a little tight. So I came in here and have been getting treatment on it. I could pitch tomorrow if I had to, but I don't have to. So I'll take my time and get it all the way out and pitch in a couple more days."

Between that and Sammy Sosa going on the DL for straining his back while sneezing, athletes are a funny breed.

jbug617

Banned
Week 4 Schedule
THU, SEP 26
49ers @ Rams

SUN, SEP 29
Ravens @ Bills
Cardinals @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Vikings
Giants @ Chiefs
Colts @ Jaguars
Seahawks @ Texans
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Jets @ Titans
Redskins @ Raiders
Eagles @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Chargers
Patriots @ Falcons

MON, SEP 30
Dolphins @ Saints

I want to pick the Pats beating the Falcons but that offense in Atlanta is scary even though they have a bunch on injuries right now.

Top Bottom