• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

Milchjon

Snow is nice. Until you have to drive in it, dig out your car, and freeze to death because of it.

Most people can handle those just fine.

Ever noticed how the majority of the most prosperous parts of the world seem to be richer in snow compared to the more desolate parts?

Obviously this proves the positive effects of snow on humans.

effzee

i find it strange that i can literally watch ANY nfl game and be extremely interested (i'll come home early to see any thursday game... including browns/bills this week!) but i couldn't care less about college football and will rarely watch it. why is that neogaf? why is that?

Same here. I always assumed its because I went to a public state school (NY) which didn't have a football program. Either way I can never get into it. No rooting interest and it always feels like a lesser product.

NFL on the other hand I can watch literally any game.

Most people can handle those just fine.

Ever noticed how the majority of the most prosperous parts of the world seem to be richer in snow compared to the more desolate parts?

Obviously this proves the positive effects of snow on humans.

Pretty sure that most good beer comes from heavily snowed areas too.

BVRtpzzCAAAOHFE.png
The Elf returning tomorrow will Power Hoyer and Mcgahee

Slo

i find it strange that i can literally watch ANY nfl game and be extremely interested (i'll come home early to see any thursday game... including browns/bills this week!) but i couldn't care less about college football and will rarely watch it. why is that neogaf? why is that?

I've been getting more and more into CFB lately. I never really liked it in the past because 1) stars turned over so quickly that you never got to know them, and 2) Minney has always sucked balls. I think what's got me interested is that I've finally got an appreciation for the rivalries, and I can appreciate the urgency that every week brings. Every week is there's 2-3 Peyton/Brady-esque matchups to pay attention to. For example, today I watched Georgia(9) and LSU(6). Georgia has already lost once to South Carolina, so if they lose again today their entire season is essentially fucked. In September.

Now I'm watching Ole Miss/Alabama until the OSU/Wisconsin game starts. It's quality match-ups all around.

cajunator

Banned
none. i will not watch college football unless i happen to be at a bar or something and it is on. i won't go out of my way to watch it no matter who is involved

that is rich coming from a jags fan

I watch LSU and Louisiana Lafayette games when possible but otherwise I wont sit and watch a college game unless its nationally televised primetime and theres nothing else to watch.
however, being in Death Valley for an LSU game is a pretty incredible experience.

Greg

I've been getting more and more into CFB lately. I never really liked it in the past because 1) stars turned over so quickly that you never got to know them, and 2) Minney has always sucked balls. I think what's got me interested is that oh wait, I'm watching the Vikings
I still love you

BigAT

I've been getting more and more into CFB lately. I never really liked it in the past because 1) stars turned over so quickly that you never got to know them, and 2) Minney has always sucked balls. I think what's got me interested is that I've finally got an appreciation for the rivalries, and I can appreciate the urgency that every week brings. Every week is there's 2-3 Peyton/Brady-esque matchups to pay attention to. For example, today I watched Georgia(9) and LSU(6). Georgia has already lost once to South Carolina, so if they lose again today their entire season is essentially fucked. In September.

Now I'm watching Ole Miss/Alabama until the OSU/Wisconsin game starts. It's quality match-ups all around.

Georgia beat South Carolina, they lost to Clemson.

Godslay

Banned
Summer in the Seattle area is great. Sure it gets hot, but never quite as hot or anywhere near as humid as other places in the country.

So I've heard.

I lived in the mountains for a huge chunk of my life, so I love the seasons. Summers are never too hot, and the humidity was dry, so it was bearable. The point where spring/summer and summer/fall mix is perfect weather imo. Winter was always tough, but I always enjoyed it.

But yeah, I hate humidity. Just demolishes my sinuses for whatever reason.

jakncoke

Banned
just realize stafford is only 25. sounds crazy.

All those yards and tds and only 25

13,827 yards already 142nd all time!

About to pass the great Bubby Brister in career yards (14,455)

Sid Luckman too ! 14,686

86 tds 137th all time

Almost as much as Super Bowl Winning QB Jeff Hostetler (94)

or

Lions Great Scot Mitchell (95)

Summer in the Seattle area is great. Sure it gets hot, but never quite as hot or anywhere near as humid as other places in the country.

I wish I lived in Seattle. I live on the shit side of the state (basically anywhere east of the mountains). We have 100 degree summers and 0 degree winters here.

Not to mention that that storm that delayed the 49ers-Seahawks game came here and knocked out my power for about 4 hours making me miss most of the game.

beast786

Sid Luckman too ! 14,686

86 tds 137th all time

or

add to the fact he missed first two season with injuries ;p

Ohio!

I used to take the less traveled roads to/from the university when it snowed early mornings or late nights before the plows got to them. It was 45 minutes of peace.

what were you driving? same here love driving, its my only me time

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Sid Luckman too ! 14,686

86 tds 137th all time

or

Best garbage time qb, ever. But RG0-3 is coming on quick!

bionic77

Because college football is crap.

There is so little skill involved compared to the NFL that anyone with above average intelligence and two working eyes is going to feel the same way you do.

This also explains why Gata seems to love it...

ShaneB

No problem with that. I think it just adds an additional element to it, that other sports don't have. Plus, who wouldn't want to see Peyton rush out, throw off his helmet, and put a beatdown on an opposing QB? :p

That sounds interesting yes. Perhaps it would've been better suited for the XFL :p

And yes, snow. I love love love snow. It's what I love about going home for christmas. Especially getting to go down to the cabin.

Here's a nice pic I will share with you folks.

Top Bottom