• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

it's "the onion" of comic strips. but maybe i am just another old man now, devoid of finding anything funny!

I'll get you with one FMT.

2013-08-08-FootballLite.png

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Does anyone have a high res pic if that Tom Brady pic where he had his arms crossed and looks real smug? I'd like to use it to taunt my friend and can't find anything but the little Av sized one. Help a brotha out?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Does anyone have a high res pic if that Tom Brady pic where he had his arms crossed and looks real smug? I'd like to use it to taunt my friend and can't find anything but the little Av sized one. Help a brotha out?
Friends don't let friends see pics of Tom Brady.

Narag

This?

e5wrfs3.jpg

It even comes pre-"u mad?"'d.

squicken

Kiffin gets fired, Fisher takes over at USC, Kiffin takes over the Rams. Boom. Everyone is still miserable but at least it is a different kind of misery

Narag

One of my drivers just obliterated a pickup truck on the highway. Fuck.

Saw a truck loaded with steel or something do just that earlier in the year. Rather, I saw the aftermath. Victim was apparently killed instantly and when emergency crews showed up, it was basically peek inside the truck (of which the semi was now on top of as it rode it off the road) and tarp it up so no one could see the mess inside.

Kiffin gets fired, Fisher takes over at USC, Kiffin takes over the Rams. Boom. Everyone is still miserable but at least it is a different kind of misery

i read that rumor (fisher to USC) before the season even started. thought it was ridiculous considering the rams were on the cusp of playoff contention last year but they look to have regressed pretty badly this year. still, it would be a bit shocking if fisher were flat out fired after just 2 years but i suppose if he sees the writing on the wall he could leave for his dream job at usc. then the rams would probably try to steal greg roman from us!

looking at and watching some of these college football scores/highlights is hilarious. usc/az was like 64-42, stanford won 55-7 or something, oregon thrashing cal, and on and on. who finds this shit entertaining? once in a while you get a team that can actually play defense but for the most part the defense in college football is non-existent

looking at and watching some of these college football scores/highlights is hilarious. usc/az was like 64-42, stanford won 55-7 or something, oregon thrashing cal, and on and on. who finds this shit entertaining? once in a while you get a team that can actually play defense but for the most part the defense in college football is non-existent

I would like to watch in years that I think the Cards will get a top pick but I just can't bring myself to. It feels like 99 percent of the defenses are complete trash. It's best to just wait for the bowls.

gutshot

This is the NFL's future. So get used to it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's not that teams aren't playing defense in college, it's just that the disparity in team quality is really high. Really good teams are pounding weak teams into the ground.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's not that teams aren't playing defense in college, it's just that the disparity in team quality is really high. Really good teams are pounding weak teams into the ground.

Nope.

TAMU/Ark = 88 points
LolSU/UGa = 85 points
Bama/TAMU = 91 points

Of course, the SEC is known for it's defense.

Milchjon

Bill Simmons on why you get to see ever fewer sports movies:

You know what every one of those movies had in common? You didn't have to see them in the theater. You could wait for their first pay-per-view/iTunes/Netflix/Blu-ray/HBO appearance, a phenomenon that took hold in the late-2000s and remains a bigger threat to sports movies than anything else. If people don't need to leave their houses to see sports movies, and you're not making money with them overseas, then why make them at all?

Also not helping: The golden age of documentaries, which assumed all shapes and sizes, lured scores of talented filmmakers, yielded the incomparable Senna (one of the greatest sports documentaries ever) and became something of a sports-movie placebo. People rewatch these things multiple times. It's amazing. We (ESPN) never expected to launch a second round of 30 for 30, but at some point it became foolish NOT to do it. We loved making them. They rated every time we reran one. People asked us constantly, When are they coming back? So why not? Between 30 for 30, Nine for IX, SEC Storied and other ESPN Films projects we've aired, the ESPN family of channels will produce more than 100 sports documentaries in a six-year span from 2009 to 2014.

Lots more in there, actually quite interesting.

Which one of the college QB's might have a future in the NFL?

One? There are quite a few:

Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
Marcus Mariota, Oregon
Tajh Boyd, Clemson
Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
AJ McCrarron, Alabama
Brett Hundley, UCLA
Kevin Hogan, Stanford
Jameis Winston, Florida State

squicken

Well off to Oakland to watch my Skins hopefully demoralize the Raider fanbase even further. Pray for me, NFL-Gaf.

I'll always remember you fondly

i read that rumor (fisher to USC) before the season even started. thought it was ridiculous considering the rams were on the cusp of playoff contention last year but they look to have regressed pretty badly this year. still, it would be a bit shocking if fisher were flat out fired after just 2 years but i suppose if he sees the writing on the wall he could leave for his dream job at usc. then the rams would probably try to steal greg roman from us!

lol no Kroenke is a super hands off and patient owner. He sees Fisher as the Rams' Arsene Wegner, and Fisher makes $7m a year. Though Kiffy Kakes did just get fired so it could all be coming together now

There's some talk that Fisher may have just taken the Rams job for the money but I think he's just made really bad moves with his two coordinators and draft picks

BigAT

Damn, Lane Kiffin was just fired by USC. I was hoping they would give him a 10-year extension, this sucks. Hopefully the Cowboys will hire him now, he should replace his daddy midseason.

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Worth noting in the wake of the Kiffin firing that every head coach USC has hired over the last two decades has come with an NFL pedigree.

Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole
No question Denver DC Jack Del Rio would love to coach alma mater USC. But is he high-profile enough for the program?

gonna be fun!

e:

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer
Scoopage: despite T Pryor being cleared, Raiders players were told in team mtg last night that Matt Flynn (would start)

JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Scoopage: despite T Pryor being cleared, Raiders players were told in team mtg last night that Matt Flynn, NOT Pryor, starts today. Details to come on #FOXNFLSUNDAY2013-09-29

The San Francisco Chronicle reports Terrelle Pryor (concussion) will start Sunday's Week 4 game versus the Redskins.
Pryor suffered a concussion six days ago in Oakland's Monday night loss to the Broncos. He passed the NFL's concussion testing Friday before checking out well in the team's Saturday checkup. Pryor said he felt "100 percent" Friday. He's a nice bye-week fill-in for Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton owners with borderline QB1 potential. Having Pryor under center keeps Darren McFadden in the RB2 mix.
Hmm

Godslay

Banned
Good bye Del Rio we barely know knew thee. He obviously sticks around for the reminder of the year, but it wouldn't surprise me if that position was his for the taking. I hope he stays, but it just seems like the right fit assuming he wouldn't mind coaching on the college level.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Raiders players were informed Saturday night that Matt Flynn would get the start in Sunday's Week 4 game against the Redskins over Terrelle Pryor (concussion).
The San Francisco Chronicle reported late Saturday night that Pryor passed the team's final concussion test on Saturday afternoon and would get the start over Flynn, who took the bulk of the first-team practice reps this week. Glazer confirms Pryor was cleared to play. With so much uncertainty at this point, it's a situation to avoid. The Redskins and Raiders don't kick off until 4:25 PM ET. Downgrade Darren McFadden and the entire Raiders offense with Flynn under center.
Looks like we do get HoFlynn

Wes

venison crêpe
Steelers v Vikings is live on terrestrial television in the UK (basically Free to air, viewable by anyone) from 5:30 to 8pm.

I've never seen them do this, not during primetime hours. Should be really interesting to see the numbers it gets.

Top Bottom