• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y0CIVP2.png

jmdajr

The Texans should be able to beat the Rams with a 3rd string QB. There is enough talent.

Sadly I see this as a game where they try to built Matt's confidence back up as opposed to showing we can probbaly be as good with the other two.

I mean no TDs in a game and a half. That's fucked up.

cajunator

Banned
The Texans should be able to beat the Rams with a 3rd string QB. There is enough talent.

Sadly I see this as a game where they try to built Matt's confidence back up as opposed to showing we can probbaly be as good with the other two.

I mean no TDs in a game and a half. That's fucked up.

Having AJ on that field should be good enough for at least 1 TD per game.
Just throw it up for grabs and he should come down with it, covered or not.

Dolphins going into the Ravens game were the worst 3-1 team in the NFL. God our OL sucks, and we pay $60 million for a player that we hardly use.

How we beat the Colts I have no idea.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I disagree. I don't think Schaub was ever good. The offense he was in took a lot of pressure off of him and the Texans flew under the radar. The offense has since been figured out and defenses are feasting on Schaub.

I really don't think this is a Schaub problem. Schaub is what he is and has no autonomy. This is a Kubiak problem.

disagree, you don't lead the league in passing by accident. He WAS good, not great, good.

The radio guys were just talking about some highlight package of his older season where he looks like a completely different QB.

The argument that the offense has been figured out is bunk, its just Schaub making poor decisions and he has no way to compensate for it, like mobility or a strong arm. The Texans aren't the only team that run this offense. Kubiak can call better plays and be a little more creative, but at what point are you limiting that because of who the QB is?

The running game was working last night, but when your QB just keeps turning it over the running game doesnt really matter.

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 6m
Schaub has thrown interceptions in 8 consecutive games, counting playoffs. I think a game off would do him good.

Even Pancakes agrees which is a shocker. Why can everyone in the country see it but Kubiak?

I don't get how Cam can throw every single one of his passes flat footed when he's in the pocket.

And not get picked more often that he already does.

He throws plenty of incompletions though, and when you're missing wide open guys to keep drives alive, that can be just as bad.

No getting around it, he's mechanically poor. He has bad footwork and bad arm mechanics and you can't be a consistent thrower with those. Worse yet, his decision-making is still occasionally awful. You would think he'd learned by now after three years and training with Whitfield and Weinke and Shula, but he's still making the same mistakes.

Poor Freeman, Minnesota is a Taco Johns state mostly. Taco Bells exist but are far and few between.

lol

So do they play Freeman against Carolina or let Cassel try to get another win?

I like the move, though. Low risk, potential for high reward. I definitely think MN's offense fits Freeman better... and the good news is he only has to learn 3 flashcards worth of Musgrave's playcalling.

Goddamn... I hope Freeman just says "fuck it" and audibles out of Muskrat's usual RUN/RUN/2-yd DUMP OFF scheme. Might as well have Childress back. Frazier looks like he doesn't even know what city he's in half of the time.

Fox318

I hope Peyton is sacked 16 times and is carted off the field in 5 pieces and defense is rewarded again in football.

disagree, you don't lead the league in passing by accident. He WAS good, not great, good.

The radio guys were just talking about some highlight package of his older season where he looks like a completely different QB.

The argument that the offense has been figured out is bunk, its just Schaub making poor decisions and he has no way to compensate for it, like mobility or a strong arm. The Texans aren't the only team that run this offense. Kubiak can call better plays and be a little more creative, but at what point are you limiting that because of who the QB is?

The running game was working last night, but when your QB just keeps turning it over the running game doesnt really matter.
It wasn't an accident, Schaub can make the throws. Is it true that Schaub can't audible out of the playcall? If so how is he supposed to change it?

The pick sixes don't lie. Defenses know what's coming. That's playcalling.

dionysus

Yaldog
I disagree. I don't think Schaub was ever good. The offense he was in took a lot of pressure off of him and the Texans flew under the radar. The offense has since been figured out and defenses are feasting on Schaub.

I really don't think this is a Schaub problem. Schaub is what he is and has no autonomy. This is a Kubiak problem.

There is bad decision making coming from Schaub. Schaub clearly has been in the past an above average quarterback.

Kubiak being a cause of the Texans trouble I definitely agree with. He is a reflection of the entire Texans organization though. Refusal to adjust, to change, to adapt, and loyalty to the point of a fault. Kubiak is the face of that philosophy, but the entire organization does this as well and the number one example is the fact that Kubiak's contract renewal back in the day when he wasn't even a 500 coach.

I'm not even happy about the win last night. We all knew the Texans are fucking shit with Schoob. The fact that our passing offense looked that bad is really worrisome. At least we have three easier games in a row before the Saints.

MechDX

It wasn't an accident, Schaub can make the throws. Is it true that Schaub can't audible out of the playcall? If so how is he supposed to change it?

Last time: they know what is coming because Schaub locks on his receiver which is Dre, OD or Arian in the flat. He no longer goes through his progressions. Watch the pick six from last night and he locks in on Dre which is the go sign for the DB. He has other options which is the basis of this system but he doesn't utilize them anymore. Hopkins was drafted for this very reason

Did Seattle just say fuck it and let him shred them in the first half? This offense works great and is loaded with talent. The QB is what is holding it back PERIOD.

bionic77

Don't guys usually end up wrapping the shit out of the hand and they look like they are wearing over sized oven mitts when they are playing? That's how it was back in the day.
You can do that but you can't grab on anything with that. It is just a big ass club.

From the snaps i've seen of Harrison, he still has that bullish strength, but none of the speed and burst. He's a 2 down linebacker with the Bengals.

Just face it Bionic. It's over.
I acknowledged the possibility!

Sucks seeing great players get old. :(

And Harrison doesn't seem like the type of person who will do well outside of the football field. Wish we could give him a token bullshit coaching job where you don't really have to do anything, like assistant linebacker coach or offensive coordinator, but he doesn't have the temperament and maybe not even the intelligence for that kind of work. Sadly I see him broke and doing something crazy in the next 5 years.

Godslay

Banned
I hope Peyton is sacked 16 times and is carted off the field in 5 pieces and defense is rewarded again in football.

5 pieces of Peyton in a wheelchair is still better than any QB the Jets have fielded in a decade.

As far as Jax, it wouldn't be the first time they played spoiler. I'm very superstitious about them and Denver, so let's hope it's a good game with no injuries to either team. Good luck Jag fans.

Tamanon

Banned
I remember when Daryl Smith had to play with the big ol' bandage wrapped around his hand. He still played alright, but it definitely seemed to impede him, especially in tackling.

LevelNth

Banned
I'm not even happy about the win last night. We all knew the Texans are fucking shit with Schoob. The fact that our passing offense looked that bad is really worrisome. At least we have three easier games in a row before the Saints.
I wouldn't over worry just yet. They're clearly changing some things and implementing some new stuff, and Kap made quite a few great throws last night. He's still not quite there yet, but he also isn't in the forcing it and making mistakes territory.

Plus our horrendous receiving core is just not going to change, so that aspect isn't getting any better. Separation is a huge, huge issue.

Tamanon

Banned
Honestly, I have no problem with blowing up a victory formation when down 1 score and on the 3. As long as you play to the whistle and no late hits after that.

DoubleTap

The coaches are acknowledging this and have gone back to 49ers version 2011.
Kap has clearly regressed and it doesn't help that we don't have a legitimate no. 2 WR opposite Boldin. Kap can't carry this team yet. Last night, you can clearly see that they tried at the beginning of the 2nd half - 3 and out.

The Niners are doing exactly what needs to be done under the circumstances. Short on WR's? Of course you go run heavy.Hopefully we'll get Manningham back by the time defenses go all in to stop it.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
No. he can audible out of some plays.

the Verner one was a bad read by the QB, nothing the defense did, they just played center field on the ball.

And pretty much what Mech said.

I don't know if you're believing the hype from Seattle, "we scouted that play" wow great, you did what every team does. The reason why that play worked for seattle was they crashed on the bootleg, nothing more nothing less. He takes a sack instead of making a stupid floater, there is no pick six. As I said last week that was a bad play call because they were crashing the boots all game, but it was a terrible decision. The play call doesn't say "if its not there and you have a guy in your face just throw it up for grabs."

On the ravens interception, Owen is dragging across the middle, and the LB is right there, again a terrible decision.

cajunator

Banned
Told you all the Bears sucked

Losing to an undefeated fired up team doesnt mean your team sucks.

Honestly, I have no problem with blowing up a victory formation when down 1 score and on the 3. As long as you play to the whistle and no late hits after that.

honestly I dont either when its that close. Its still a football play and there is a slight chance of a fumbled snap and players should be ready for that. Its not unprecedented. ESPECIALLY when its next to the goal line. If it were on the 50 yard line, ok take your lumps, but that close, there a slight chance and Belichick knew it.

bionic77

Peter King lost his fucking mind when Schiano did that last year. Not a peep in today's column.
That is because Schiano is a huge douchebag who treats the media with contempt.

Bill on the other hand is known for his loving touch of other mens' wives and treats the media with the love and respect they deserve. He respects them almost as much as he does the injury report process.

I wouldn't over worry just yet. They're clearly changing some things and implementing some new stuff, and Kap made quite a few great throws last night. He's still not quite there yet, but he also isn't in the forcing it and making mistakes territory.

Plus our horrendous receiving core is just not going to change, so that aspect isn't getting any better. Separation is a huge, huge issue.

The coaches are acknowledging this and have gone back to 49ers version 2011.
Kap has clearly regressed and it doesn't help that we don't have a legitimate no. 2 WR opposite Boldin. Kap can't carry this team yet. Last night, you can clearly see that they tried at the beginning of the 2nd half - 3 and out.

The Niners are doing exactly what needs to be done under the circumstances. Short on WR's? Of course you go run heavy.Hopefully we'll get Manningham back by the time defenses go all in to stop it.

Very true having few good receivers (and some of those are banged up) will hurt a passing game but Kap looks scared out there. Not going through progressions well, happy feet. Hopefully get Manningham and Crabtree back this year (if Crabs comes back at all) will make him feel more comfortable. Getting the team healthy again will be a big plus. I'm so happy the way the defense has played these last two weeks being down a few men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom