• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Didnt you say you didnt have a problem with what Schiano did?

he's trying to cry hypocrisy because no one is going to say anything about Belichick blowing up the victory formation. The problem he has, is everyone already knows Belicheat is a piece of shit.

eznark

Banned
Didnt you say you didnt have a problem with what Schiano did?

I have no problem with it. I have a problem with Peter King.

There is no "trying" to cry hypocrisy. It's clearly hypocritical to claim a National Outrage when Schiano does something and bury The Cheat doing the same thing.

I'm not even happy about the win last night. We all knew the Texans are fucking shit with Schoob. The fact that our passing offense looked that bad is really worrisome. At least we have three easier games in a row before the Saints.

Texans are one of the top offensive and defensive teams in the league. They dominated the Seahawks for the most part. It was an impressive win regardless of schoob. I wasn't thrilled with the passing game but aside from that it was grade A stuff!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Seth Payne: "Kubiak's system doesn't call for you to throw it to Andrew when he's triple covered. It doesnt call for you to finally throw it to Deandre when things are desperate, its not like he just then gets open."

MechDX

Texans are one of the top offensive and defensive teams in the league. They dominated the Seahawks for the most part. It was an impressive win regardless of schoob. I wasn't thrilled with the passing game but aside from that it was grade A stuff!

Schaub was your best QB last night.

....holds back tears...

No. he can audible out of some plays.

the Verner one was a bad read by the QB, nothing the defense did, they just played center field on the ball.

And pretty much what Mech said.

I don't know if you're believing the hype from Seattle, "we scouted that play" wow great, you did what every team does. The reason why that play worked for seattle was they crashed on the bootleg, nothing more nothing less. He takes a sack instead of making a stupid floater, there is no pick six. As I said last week that was a bad play call because they were crashing the boots all game, but it was a terrible decision. The play call doesn't say "if its not there and you have a guy in your face just throw it up for grabs."

On the ravens interception, Owen is dragging across the middle, and the LB is right there, again a terrible decision.
I'll take your word for it. Understand, i'm not saying that Schaub didn't make boneheaded throws. But from what i've seen this season DBs are just sitting on routes like they know what's coming. That never used to happen with this frequency for the Texans.

cajunator

Banned
I have no problem with it. I have a problem with Peter King.

There is no "trying" to cry hypocrisy. It's clearly hypocritical to claim a National Outrage when Schiano does something and bury The Cheat doing the same thing.

Peter King is a fucking moron and he eats too many donuts.

Fox318

Texans should pick up this super bowl champion

YjfjwvR.jpg

Peter King said:
San Francisco is supposed to define defense. The Niners have allowed 84 points through three weeks. New Orleans (last in team defense last year) and Indianapolis (26th last year), combined, have allowed 86 points.
Edit: heh, article is 2 weeks old, yet still on the front page.

Tamanon

Banned
Besides, isn't the Victory formation designed for maximum protection to begin with? They should be stonewalling people with that tight a formation.

JABEE

The Cowboys did nothing wrong against the Broncos on that last drive. You have to play hard when you're down by less than three points. No excuses, victory formation or not.

Kneeling and positioning the ball is a strategy just as rushing the QB who is trying to kill the clock.

squicken

Kubiak knows he can start Schoob vs STL and all will be fine. Easier schedule the rest of the way. It's clear he doesn't trust Yates or Case, and either guy will look good vs STL, so he'd have to ride them the rest of the way

I saw something that SEA had not allowed any points in the first quarter until yesterday when Luck hit Hilton on that bomb while Sherman stood and looked at it in awe

effzee

Maybe the Texans should look at Foles and ask the Eagles if he is available for a trade.

Strike while the iron is hot! Also speed up the Matty Barkely era.

That's fine, but the number of quarterbacks who could have kept Dallas in a position to choke away the game at the end is like 4.

True. But Romo always has this ability but he never lives up to it, and certainly not in the biggest spots late in the season and in the playoffs.

To wash away all his faults because he had 1 phenomenal performance is the very definition of knee jerk overreaction. Dallas played one hell of a game but I think they put on a better performance than they really are and Denver played a little worse than what I think they are capable of (defensively).

LOL Tuck with the cheapshot

original-1.gif

You know I don't care that it wasn't called and Vick maybe acted a little but it was right after his hamstring injury so you know it was on performance to make it worse.

Same thing happens to Manning (either of them) or Brady and it is a def penalty.

Listening to NYC sports radio, they brought up a great point. The Giants really had a brutal off season. Usually Reece's gambles and picks work out but considering they lack of talent or depth at LB, CB, OL, and S they couldn't afford to miss picks. Picking Nasib made no sense. They weren't good enough to take a back up QB who may not even play a snap for them and pass up on a potential LB/DE or any other player.

eznark

Banned
I don't remember the last time I read a King column.

Does he still talk about Brent coming back and how great the coffee is at Newarks airport?

No idea, I go to his site because Bedard is awesome and I ctrol+f'd King's column today just to check because he was one of the leaders of the Outrage Brigade last year.

DoubleTap

Very true having few good receivers (and some of those are banged up) will hurt a passing game but Kap looks scared out there. Not going through progressions well, happy feet. Hopefully get Manningham and Crabtree back this year (if Crabs comes back at all) will make him feel more comfortable. Getting the team healthy again will be a big plus. I'm so happy the way the defense has played these last two weeks being down a few men.

Speaking of the D playing well, I saw somewhere that the Niners are 5-1 with P. Willis out of the lineup. Sadly, I think he's past his prime and on the decline. Hope he gets plenty of time to recover and get some of his mojo back. Bowman has already surpassed him IMO.

Lesean McCoy (@CutonDime25)

Knowshon sucks RT @RealSkipBayless: Peyton is doing what Peyton always does. But Knowshon is KILLING the Cowboys.

Thats what I tell people.

Also, this shit happens when you respond with an iphone.

:p

edit:

Its always better to look at sports negatively. That way it can't hurt you as much.

Speaking of the D playing well, I saw somewhere that the Niners are 5-1 with P. Willis out of the lineup. Sadly, I think he's past his prime and on the decline. Hope he gets plenty of time to recover and get some of his mojo back. Bowman has already surpassed him IMO.

Don't say that I <3 Willis :(.

Godslay

Banned
Lesean McCoy (@CutonDime25)

Knowshon sucks RT @RealSkipBayless: Peyton is doing what Peyton always does. But Knowshon is KILLING the Cowboys.

Knowshon Moreno &#8207;@knowshonmoreno 14h
Glad @CutonDime25 was watching our game tonight.Great team win,lets keeprolling.#5-0#LetHatersHate#ShotsWereFiredButNoOneGotHit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom