• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Considering how Eli is doing right now, you guys think Big Brother gives a phone call to give advise, or lift his spirit....or to Troll him?

JABEE

Knowshon Moreno ‏@knowshonmoreno 14h
Glad @CutonDime25 was watching our game tonight.Great team win,lets keeprolling.#5-0#LetHatersHate#ShotsWereFiredButNoOneGotHit
McCoy really needs to learn to not be an asshole. The Eagles struggle with this task.

Fox318

There are people saying 28-year old Scarlett Johansson is "too old" to be attractive.

hk6DLgs.gif

brentech

Re-watched the Packers game in condensed form. A few notes:

Matthews probably on a snap count as we saw. Seemed Mike Neal was playing a lot yesterday in his place, assuming just to help continue giving Matthew's hamstring more rest. When Matthews did play, he didn't seem like the high energy guy we know for the most part.

Nick Perry probably had one of his better games. Seemed to get fairly consistent pressure or running his blocker into Stafford forcing bad throws.
Along with Perry, as noted above, Neal was playing quite a bit and he seems to be catching onto OLB. He actually supplanted both Matthews and Perry throughout the game and did a pretty good job on both sides.

Does Suh even play football anymore? Absolutely manhandled by an undrafted center and 4th round guard (and i don't even mean they were doubling him). Other than a tripping attempt which wasn't even successful, you'd be hard pressed to have noticed him on the field.

Godslay

Banned
Classy. I'm liking Knowshon more and more.

Yeah, he's been nothing but a class act. I've never heard the guy complain.

McCoy really needs to learn to not be an asshole. The Eagles struggle with this task.

Shady's damn good, but nobody takes that shit seriously when your team is losing, and the team he is talking shit about just beat their ass the week prior. Sounds like salt more than anything.

Nobody is delusional that Moreno is as good as McCoy at making plays, but Knowshon is a pretty complete competent back who fits well in this offense.

eznark

Banned
Does Suh even play football anymore? Absolutely manhandled by an undrafted center and 4th round guard. Other than a tripping attempt (which wasn't even successful, you'd be hard pressed to have noticed him).

Yup, that was the biggest takeaway for me. The Lions defensive line is a joke. Lacy had 100 yards on essentially the exact same draw run 15 times. Just jammed it down their undisciplined throats. As always I was impressed with Levy. Ansah is siiiiiiiiiick as a pass rusher and I really wish he had a better coaching staff. He is too raw to be in that environment and still reach his potential (which is insanely high).

Tom Penny

Even though Romo being Romo happened...he played spectacular for 58 minutes. I don't know how that can be questioned. Many plays were all him. At the end of the day though they have a tough road ahead and he will probably choke in the game they need..it's what he does.

effzee

I think I am done visiting the Eagles official board.

I assume most official team message boards are about the same in the level of discourse but I can't take it anymore.

Anything and everything is Vick's fault and they are so happy that he is out and Foles gets to start. As if all this team needed was Vick to be benched and everything would be fixed! We have the 31st ranked D which actually should be 32 since in fairness to the Giants D, their O puts them in terrible positions.

We have the worst D in the league and a good offense which needs to fix the redzone problems to be really good. Yet they are cheering as if everything now will be fixed. Nevermind the fact that yesterday during the 3rd quarter with Foles leading the team I bet every single Eagles fan was looking at the sidelines hoping for Vick to job back in. Foles couldn't get shit done and the Giants were mounting a serious comeback.

No one was comfortable when the Giants took the lead or even were down by 1 with the ball at the start of the 4th quarter. It wasn't until Eli went Eli in the 4rth and threw pick after pick after pick that Foles did something. He got the short field and admittedly made two great throws to Celek and Desean. And now all of a sudden he is super hero QB who clearly is the #1 guy. Not only that there are conspiracy theories that Chip never wanted Vick and he was forced to him by the ownership because its reverse racism dating back to McNabb v Kolb.

I can't. I just can't. When Vick went out he had over a 100 yards passing in 1 quarter and almost 100 yards rushing. Eagles won. They have two decent QBs to get the job done. Playing TB next. But all they want to talk about is this nonsense.

eznark

Banned
LOL, Dominic Raiola verbally assaulted some poor Wisconsin marching band kids. He even called some girl a cunt.

Lions football!

JABEE

At least we are playing Giants-Caliber teams over the next few weeks. I'm nervous about Foles. I know how YankeeHater feels. He played pretty well yesterday though. I don't know

Caja 117

I think I am done .visiting the Eagles official board

I assume most official team message boards are about the same in the level of discourse but I can't take it anymore..
That was your problem to begin with, official team forums, regardless of sports have the worst posters, who will ask for someone to be fired or make a bonehead trade every time the team loose one.

You should visit an MLB fan forum, on a 162 game season, you see fans asking to fire the manager after a 3 game loosing streak.

JABEE

That was your problem to begin with, official team forums, regardless of sports have the worst posters, who will ask for someone to be fired or make a bonehead trade every time the team loose one.

You should visit an MLB fan forum, on a 162 game season, you see fans asking to fire the manager after a 3 game loosing streak.
Our owners actually do that in Philadelphia!

Fan boards are the worst. They don't even discuss football! Just complain all the time. I don't know how many times i've read about some poster being a "Steelers fan since the 70's, who after 'meaningless loss' is going to hang it up". Ugh.

Some Raider fans are like this, people want McKenzie fired, Hue Jackson returned and Pyror is the second coming of Jim Plunkett.

It's painful to read.

effzee

Yeah I know. Its bad enough when they are losing but I headed over to read some of the local Philly writer's articles and post game reactions and all it is how happy everyone is that Foles will now start. Not that we won and possibly ended the Giants season but that Vick is out and Foles is in.

This might sound crazy, but why not have Cam Newton in Houston? It's clear the Panthers are getting to the point where they are about to blow things up, and Newton is going to go down for what is -- in my opinion anyways -- mostly Rivera's fault. I think Houston will stink enough to miss the playoffs, but well enough to miss out on any good QBs in the draft.

MechDX

Evil Gary Kubiak ‏@EvilGaryKubiak 12m
BREAKING NEWS: anonymous petition submitted to Houston City council to rename Kirby "Blvd of Broken Dreams" #Texans

sigh...

TexansTalk.com ‏@TexansTalk 24m
Schaub has 4 pick-6 INT's in last 4 games. Schaub has the same amount of TD passes to Andre Johnson over the last 36 games. #Texans #NFL

Jacksonville Jaguars (@jaguars)
Stay classy, Denver. RT @DenverBroncos: The #Broncos' 51 points in yesterday's win are as many points as the Jaguars have scored all season.

Denver Broncos (@DenverBroncos)
No shots, just stats. RT @jaguars: Stay classy, Denver. MT @DenverBroncos: #Broncos' 51 pts Sun. are as many as JAX has scored all season.

Getting chippy out there.

Jacksonville Jaguars (@jaguars)
Stay classy, Denver. RT @DenverBroncos: The #Broncos' 51 points in yesterday's win are as many points as the Jaguars have scored all season.

Denver Broncos (@DenverBroncos)
No shots, just stats. RT @jaguars: Stay classy, Denver. MT @DenverBroncos: #Broncos' 51 pts Sun. are as many as JAX has scored all season.

Getting chippy out there.

Fuck, now I want to see the Jaguars get a touchdown.

MechDX

Not Gary Kubiak ‏@NotGaryKubiak 12h
This week - players AND coaches only meetings. Frozen yogurt social. Believin' in some shit.

Not Gary Kubiak ‏@NotGaryKubiak 16h
Got dat #PickSixSwag

effzee

Fan boards are the worst. They don't even discuss football! Just complain all the time. I don't know how many times i've read about some poster being a "Steelers fan since the 70's, who after 'meaningless loss' is going to hang it up". Ugh.

LMAO we have the same guys.

There is also a guy who turns every football related topic into some weird rant about liberals taking over the sport and how in 5 years it will be a PPV only game since no one goes to the games anymore and this is something liberal politicians want.

THANKS OBAMA!

Texans GAF trade for FOLES! Give us a 2nd round pick and he is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom