• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Houston fans, at least your basketball team is looking improved. Should they try drafting a QB in this next draft?

That Dallas game took years off my life, thank goodness for the Jags next week.

effzee

you can have mines...

Resume

Looks like a Goober..
won 2 sbs against Tammy Brady
INT machine.
invented the Manning face.

Its not shocking that even a great QB can look bad with no D, no OLINE, and no running game. Not comparing the two since Eli is worlds better, but Vick looked horrendous last year when 3 starters on the OLINE were out, the D was just as bad as it is (maybe a little worse), and by choice Reid forced the team to have no running game.

squicken

Poor Houston fans, at least your basketball team is looking improved. Should they try drafting a QB in this next draft?

That Dallas game took years off my life, thank goodness for the Jags next week.

Need to make Morey the GM of both teams. He wouldn't have taken Schoob over Peyton

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
From Jimmy Fallon a few nights ago:

VVGkOq9.png

Russian mafia obviously has bought him off.

LMAO we have the same guys.

There is also a guy who turns every football related topic into some weird rant about liberals taking over the sport and how in 5 years it will be a PPV only game since no one goes to the games anymore and this is something liberal politicians want.

THANKS OBAMA!

Texans GAF trade for FOLES! Give us a 2nd round pick and he is yours.

Yeah. I don't know why I go back.

Actually that's not true, There's always that one poster who says something insightful and worth reading. Still, I shouldn't bother sifting through all of the sewage for one or two good posts.

Bread

Banned
It's pretty obvious Brady should be benched. Mallet is the guy who has gotten it done when it counts, why should he sit behind the unproven Brady?

bionic77

I'm now officially on the bench Brady bandwagon next week if Gronk doesn't turn him into Peyton Manning this year.
Can't bench a qb, not even a garbo qb that can't move the ball against the Bungles, when you are 4-1.

Its a much easier sell when you are say, 0-4 or 0-5.

You are stuck with Tammy until at least the end of the year unless she gets seriously hurt.

Belicheat always talks about doing what is best for the team (including cheating and fucking married women), but the real test of this is going to be how he handles Tammy's decline into shit.

Caja 117

18-38 with an int. And then he has the nerve to wear that awful suit for his postgame interview? Clown.

So, after 1 bad game where the last drive I counted 3 dropped passes that shoulve have been caught, and he should be benched?

I dont think anyone is expecting Pats to win against NO, right now Brees is better, he has more receiving options, whereas Brady will have Gronk and Amendola that are not 100 percent.

32 - 21 Saints over Patriots.

So, after 1 bad game where the last drive I counted 3 dropped passes that shoulve have been caught, and he should be benched?

I dont think anyone is expecting Pats to win against NO, right now Brees is better, he has more receiving options, whereas Brady will have Gronk and Amendola that are not 100 percent.

I think i read something yesterday that the rookies didnt have any drops yesterday, it was the experienced guys.

Dragon

Banned

Amendola is a loser. The fact they couldn't pony up 2 years 12 million for Welker tells all that needs to be said about how utterly dumb they are with personnel moves.

squicken

More on those killer INT. Which QBs have thrown the most passes that have increased win probability by 20% or more?

Some of the quarterbacks most closely associated with these costly interceptions also rank among the leaders in plays producing the largest positive swings. Fifteen of Eli Manning's touchdown passes since 2008 produced gains in win probability of at least 20 points, by far the most in the NFL over that span. Matthew Stafford (11), Romo (9), Tom Brady (9), Brees (8), Rodgers (8), Ryan (7) and Cutler (7) are next on the list.

The total for Schaub? Two, tied with a group featuring Troy Smith, Stephen McGee, Shaun Hill, Matt Moore, Curtis Painter, Christian Ponder, Alex Smith and a few players whose careers remain in their formative stages.

So Schaub has 14 of the worst kind of throws, but only 2 of the best kind

bionic77

Amendola is a loser. The fact they couldn't pony up 2 years 12 million for Welker tells all that needs to be said about how utterly dumb they are with personnel moves.
I don't think Bill liked Welker. I don't think it was about the money.

No one could be that dumb to think he was a guy you could replace that easily. Welker probably told Bill to stop staring at his moms ass and Bill decided he can't have that kind of selfish player on his roster.

Assuming he survives the year, Ryan Tannehill is on pace to get sacked an incredible 77 times this season, which would be the most abuse an NFL quarterback has ever taken. The record for sacks taken is 76, held by David Carr.

Jesus Mary'n Joseph Stalin.

gutshot

Yeah I know. Its bad enough when they are losing but I headed over to read some of the local Philly writer's articles and post game reactions and all it is how happy everyone is that Foles will not start. Not that we won and possibly ended the Giants season but that Vick is out and Foles is in.

Eh, it's like that everywhere though. Any time a team is losing, the back-up QB becomes the most popular player on the team. Especially when the back-up is a first-day draft pick who looked good in a few starts his rookie season and looked good again in the preseason.

Dragon

Banned
I don't think Bill liked Welker. I don't think it was about the money.

No one could be that dumb to think he was a guy you could replace that easily. Welker probably told Bill to stop staring at his moms ass and Bill decided he can't have that kind of selfish player on his roster.

Perhaps but personal feelings should be set aside when you're talking about going from one of the more prolific offenses last year to what they are this year. One of the worst.

Some of it isn't Bill's fault. Vereen and Ridley have either had injuries or just plain played like shit. Ridley especially has been a big disappointment.

More on those killer INT. Which QBs have thrown the most passes that have increased win probability by 20% or more?

Fifteen of Eli Manning's touchdown passes since 2008 produced gains in win probability of at least 20 points, by far the most in the NFL over that span.
Wish that Eli was playing for the Giants right now. There are issues that go far deeper than just him on the team but he has to carry some of the blame as well. Especially for yesterday. We were in that game until those soul crushing interceptions.

Sanjuro

I still don't understand the notion that the Patriots didn't re-sign Welker. They offered him a contract, he then signed with the Broncos in record time. He was a free agent. He left. He gawn!

bionic77

Perhaps but personal feelings should be set aside when you're talking about going from one of the more prolific offenses last year to what they are this year. One of the worst.

Some of it isn't Bill's fault. Vereen and Ridley have either had injuries or just plain played like shit. Ridley especially has been a big disappointment.
Weird how so many "experts" and Pats fans did not want to give Welker enough credit for
his role on that offense. He was like an automatic bailout and safety blanket for Brady the entire time he was there. No one else was anywhere near his level of consistently on the pats and probably not in the league.

I always thought the way to beat the Pats was to throw in them and double Welker, daring the Pats to run.

Fox318

I still don't understand the notion that the Patriots didn't re-sign Welker. They offered him a contract, he then signed with the Broncos in record time. He was a free agent. He left. He gawn!

Bill is like the person who gets a dodge ram and lifts it with a huge kit. Its a man with a small penis who made a bad decision but still trys to flaunt off a shitty product.

I remember some Dolphins fan calling a radio station saying they'd rather have Tannehill than Luck.

It was psycho Week 2, I'd like to get their updated inane ramblings now.

Sanjuro

So... you're saying they didn't re-sign him. Where is your consternation coming from?

Maybe didn't word it correctly. The general consensus is we chose not to re-sign him. Unless you franchise him (lol) the free-agent is the one making the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom