• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Weird how so many "experts" and Pats fans did not want to give Welker enough credit for
his role on that offense. He was like an automatic bailout and safety blanket for Brady the entire time he was there. No one else was anywhere near his level of consistently on the pats and probably not in the league.

I always thought the way to beat the Pats was to throw in them and double Welker, daring the Pats to run.

The reason the Pats offense was prolific was because they had 2 of the 3 top TE's in the league at one time. How is it that the TE's on NE have 3 catches this year..and his slot position has like 50? Welker was a great player. Hardly the problem with the Pats offense right now and one of those problems is getting life in prison.

Caja 117

I don't think Bill liked Welker. I don't think it was about the money.

No one could be that dumb to think he was a guy you could replace that easily. Welker probably told Bill to stop staring at his moms ass and Bill decided he can't have that kind of selfish player on his roster.

Regardless, it was dumbness in epic proportions, of course He wasnt expecting loosing Hernandez, but bringing up Amendola for Wes cant be overlooked.

Sanjuro

Weird how so many "experts" and Pats fans did not want to give Welker enough credit for
his role on that offense. He was like an automatic bailout and safety blanket for Brady the entire time he was there. No one else was anywhere near his level of consistently on the pats and probably not in the league.

I always thought the way to beat the Pats was to throw in them and double Welker, daring the Pats to run.

I don't see how anyone could give Welker credit on a team where he could have been replaced by numerous other white guys at any given moment.

Caja 117

The reason the Pats offense was prolific was because they had 2 of the 3 top TE's in the league at one time. How is it that the TE's on NE have 3 catches this year..and his slot position has like 50? Welker was a great player. Hardly the problem with the Pats offense right now and one of those problems isn't getting life in prison.

And if you go around the league, the best QB have good or excelent receiving TE: Brees, Rodgers, and Maning for example.

It is. Im still in the fire temple on Dragon Roost but damn it looks good. Except the bloom which is excessive.

That's why you have glasses.

image.php

brentech

Yup, that was the biggest takeaway for me. The Lions defensive line is a joke. Lacy had 100 yards on essentially the exact same draw run 15 times. Just jammed it down their undisciplined throats. As always I was impressed with Levy. Ansah is siiiiiiiiiick as a pass rusher and I really wish he had a better coaching staff. He is too raw to be in that environment and still reach his potential (which is insanely high).
Meant to mention that, Levy really showed up often. Dude is probably best defender on their team.

eznark

Banned
And if you go around the league, the best QB have good or excelent receiving TE: Brees, Rodgers, and Maning for example.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

gutshot

@FO_ASchatz said:
NFL says yellow penalty flags will return next weekend. THANK YOU SANITY.

Never should have happened in the first place.

The pink flags were new this season, after being introduced for a single Sunday Night Football game last year at the suggestion of an 11-year-old's letter. Screw you kid; you nearly ruined football.

LOL

Regardless of how bad the Pats are, it's comforting to know that your only go to is to make fun of them because your team is in last place. Enjoy.

Yeah, it's a shame that this season didn't go the Pats way where we had pushover teams to barely scrape past by the skin of our teeth the first 3 games of the season.

bionic77

The reason the Pats offense was prolific was because they had 2 of the 3 top TE's in the league at one time. How is it that the TE's on NE have 3 catches this year..and his slot position has like 50? Welker was a great player. Hardly the problem with the Pats offense right now and one of those problems is getting life in prison.
I still contend that Welker was the engine that made it go. Gronk and Hernandez to a lesser degree seemed to be more about picking up bigger chunks of yards and they also seemed to be easier to take out of the offense. You are right that the lack of talent is killing the Pats offense, but I still think there would have been a big hit even if you had Hernandez lining up instead of doing whatever the fuck murderers do in prison.

Caja 117

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I tought Finley was a good receiving TE, ohhh well.

jakncoke

Banned
Regardless of how bad the Pats are, it's comforting to know that your only go to is to make fun of them because your team is in last place. Enjoy.

Don't worry, you'll be where we are in a few seasons. Unless you're drunk and think Mallet will do anything besides coke.

Dragon

Banned
Don't worry, you'll be where we are in a few seasons. Unless you're drunk and think Mallet will do anything besides coke.

Once Brady and Belichick leave I'm sure we'll be where you are. Until then Deacon Knowledge can choke on his 3DS with his Pats insults! Only Pats fans can make fun of them that way!

eznark

Banned
It looks to me like a miscommunicated hot read. If that gets called grounding then suddenly grounding is super common.

Tom Penny

I still contend that Welker was the engine that made it go. Gronk and Hernandez to a lesser degree seemed to be more about picking up bigger chunks of yards and they also seemed to be easier to take out of the offense. You are right that the lack of talent is killing the Pats offense, but I still think there would have been a big hit even if you had Hernandez lining up instead of doing whatever the fuck murderers do in prison.

If he made them go they would have scored more points in the playoffs against the Ravens and Giants when Gronk didn't play and was a gimp. The offense converted to a 2 TE offense when they got rid of Moss. They ran almost 80% 2 TE sets. There is no question to me that is the bigger issue.

Colasante

Oakland Raiders released QB Matt Flynn. Horrible move by Reggie McKenzie, trading a draft pick for him.

McKenzie selected Tyler Wilson with his 4th round pick and traded a 2014 5th for Matt Flynn. Tyler Wilson is currently on the practice squad and Flynn isn't on the roster. This should be a fireable offense.

Yeah those Titans and Vikings...juggernauts!

I said first 3 games. They need to tighten up those language arts classes in Massachusetts.

Whats the Steelers excuse for not beating anyone? Including the terrible Vikings.

Holes. Steelers offense was decimated at TE and Running Back to start the season, and the passing game suffered as a result. Play caller went out on defense and now it's done by a 6th round rookie. Team is in 'transition' which is code for garbage.

Pats are having the same problems. Fortunately for them in their first three games they played the hapless Bills and dysfunctional Jets.

It's telling though that Brady doesn't throw a TD for the first time in 52 games and Pats fans want him benched.

jakncoke

Banned
Oakland Raiders released QB Matt Flynn. Horrible move by Reggie McKenzie, trading a draft pick for him.

McKenzie selected Tyler Wilson with his 4th round pick and traded a 2014 5th for Matt Flynn. Tyler Wilson is currently on the practice squad and Flynn isn't on the roster. This should be a fireable offense.

Tyler Wilson getting out played by Matt Mcfuckingfavre is one my top 10 lol moments this offseason.

Don't know why the Packers wouldn't sign him.

Ok. Let's assume there is slightly more pressure from the edge on this play. Grounding?

iwSwQKJ1P056G.gif

There was a play where Brady threw it right down the center of the field which was clearly grounding which wasn't called. It was a play or two before this I think.

jakncoke

Banned

Ok. Let's assume there is slightly more pressure from the edge on this play. Grounding?

iwSwQKJ1P056G.gif

What makes me wonder on this particular play was why he didnt throw down the center towards the wr. Did the WR run the wrong route?

eznark

Banned
Brady misread the safety. Badly. It was an option route.

There was a play where Brady threw it right down the center of the field which was clearly grounding which wasn't called.

My point isn't that grounding should be called on Brady (I only chose that comparison because I remembered the play and actually thought there was more pressure) but that if refs start calling grounding way more harshly, as Phil Simms was begging for last night, that suddenly miscommunications turn into loss of down penalties.

Tom Penny

iwSwQKJ1P056G.gif

Guys running the wrong route is not grounding or Eli would have had groundings on a few plays that ended up being picks in the Denver game were he just threw it to the endzone and his WR didn't run there.

brentech

Packers can bring back Rodgers QB bff. I think at this point, Flynn would probably be happy too.
Just don't know if we have the roster space to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom