• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

You're big on this benching thing but the only person I think really needs it is Ryan Clark. The rest of the defense is playing well, or at least as well as they can since there are 3 rookies starting (Uncle Jarvis, Shark, and Vince Williams.)
Someones gotta pay for all the pain and suffering that has been inflicted on Steelers nation.

Poor bastards like jak are getting evicted because of this mess. If things don't turn around soon the poor bastard might have to move to another country, like Detroit.

And what is the punishment? To get to play another game while my kids grow up in a world where we are below the Cleveland Browns?

Fuck that! I am mad as hell and I am not going to take this anymore!

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok&noredirect=1

This sums up Sundays in my house after every Steelers game.

3. Four losses spread out over 4 teams. Take away those four weeks and those teams are still 3-9.

Dude, that's not how math works. You can't argue the teams the Chefs have played are 3-13, have me rebut that the Chefs caused four of those losses, then say their opponents would be 3-9 if they hadn't played those games.

Those games still get played.

Ignoring the slight possibility of a tie, if the Chefs weren't good enough to win those games the results would be four victories for the opponents. The record becomes 7-6 if the results go the other way. If we played Texans level and went .500 for the month, our opponent's record becomes 5-8.

You play who you are scheduled to play.

Bowser

No one is going to trade assets to rent a player for 12 weeks.

God damn it my team is stupid. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Now I get to watch Freeman turn into a HOFer on the Patriots. God damn it!

orton-stupid-stupid-o.gif

Lunchbox

Banned
And what is the punishment? To get to play another game while my kids grow up in a world where we are below the Cleveland Browns?

Fuck that! I am mad as hell and I am not going to take this anymore!

what are you gonna do? give rooney your 300$ so he can build a better team?

this is karma for stealing the superbowl from the hawks and that bag boy. next year glass jaw polamalu will look for a trade after missing another playoff season and you'll be searching for byron leftwich to fill in roster spots

squicken

The Cards should sign Josh. This will force Carson "HE FUCKING SUCKS" Palmer to restructure. CP will force his way out of his third city and land in Minny or Jacksonville. Fitz will pick up Josh from the airport. Is there a Taco Bell in UoPh stadium?

Almost every coach is a hard ass. No one is lining up to bring in a QB who misses team functions and is late to meetings when signing him could immediately divide a locker room

Godslay

Banned
Dude, that's not how math works. You can't argue the teams the Chefs have played are 3-13, have me rebut that the Chefs caused four of those losses, then say their opponents would be 3-9 if they hadn't played those games.

Those games still get played.

Ignoring the slight possibility of a tie, if the Chefs weren't good enough to win those games the results would be four victories for the opponents. The record becomes 7-6 if the results go the other way. If we played Texans level and went .500 for the month, our opponent's record becomes 5-8.

You play who you are scheduled to play.

3-9 if they don't play the Chiefs (subtract 4 games from 16). Bad teams are bad teams was the point. Record would actually be 7-9 (16 games) if the results went the other way and the Chiefs lost those 4 games. But it didn't happen that way.

But yeah the Chiefs can't help who they play, but could that possibly skew stats in one way or another?

bionic77

what are you gonna do? give rooney your 300$ so he can build a better team?

this is karma for stealing the superbowl from the hawks and that bag boy. next year glass jaw polamalu will look for a trade after missing another playoff season and you'll be searching for byron leftwich to fill in roster spots
Things are getting bad man, I really don't know what I am going to do.

If things get any worse I am going to stop saving for my kids education, buy an M3, some crocs, take an expensive trip to Europe, and get some designer shit. You know, the kind of stuff normally reserved for guys with really small dicks.

Dark times. :(

Turn it around Rooneys. I don't want to be one of those guys without a penis.

Furyous

Almost every coach is a hard ass. No one is lining up to bring in a QB who misses team functions and is late to meetings when signing him could immediately divide a locker room

He missed one team photo and showed up late for a team meal. This ESPNesque character assassination needs to stop. This cannot divide the locker room of a losing team headed for the draft lottery.

squicken

He missed one team photo and showed up late for a team meal. This ESPNesque character assassination needs to stop. This cannot divide the locker room of a losing team headed for the draft lottery.

If you are on the way to the draft lottery, why sign Freeman if he won't be there next year and you are trying to lose games?

If you have a shaky QB and are trying to win now, why bring Freeman and undermine the existing QB when it will take Freeman a few weeks to be ready to run even a rudimentary version of the offense. That's not just Freeman. QBs can't just come in and start. They have to learn the language of the offense that the rest of the team is using. Schemes, etc.

Only places that make sense are places with established QBs that need backups, but those teams would want him on an extension at backup money, and he wants to start and get starter money

Bowser

Freeman would make a great backup in Carolina. He clearly has talent (as evidenced by his 2010 season and his half season stretch to begin last season) and he would be motivated to stick it to the Bucs.

Furyous

If you are on the way to the draft lottery, why sign Freeman if he won't be there next year and you are trying to lose games?

Josh Freeman proved that he's capable of leading a team to victory. Losing teams with recent busts headed for the draft can bring Freeman in to start. Christian Ponder's done mo disrespect. Arizona's had recent draft and free agent busts. They make sense. AP and Fitz want to win now not later. They can sign him to a two to three year extension at 5 mill a year but sign him to a vet minimum deal now to avoid a strong cap hit.

Syrinx

Sad to see it end this way for Freeman. But it was the. only way. Good luck to him.

Now if they would only catapult Schiano across the Gulf of Mexico.

bionic77

Ravens will sign Freeman, Flacco traded to Cardinals for a 6th round pick.

Ozzie, please. Do this for me.
:lol

At best you can hope they sign him for a backup and that he takes Flaccos job next year.

No one in the history of mankind would have the balls to trade Flacco the year after they won the SB. Not with his statline. That is like asking to get fired unless the next guy comes in and wins the Superbowl too.

Meier

I just don't get it. Hopefully the Bucs reached a mutual agreement with him because cutting him only to pay the remainder of his salary is fucking dumb. If Glennon suffers a season-ending injury, do you really want Dan Orlovsky as your starter? Unbelievable.

Bowser

I just don't get it. Hopefully the Bucs reached a mutual agreement with him because cutting him only to pay the remainder of his salary is fucking dumb. If Glennon suffers a season-ending injury, do you really want Dan Orlovsky as your starter? Unbelievable.

Sorry broheim:

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 1h
Because there's no offset language in Freeman's contract, the Bucs still owe him the remainder of his contract.

Plus, he'll get whatever he receives from the next team he signs with. Double-dip time.

I'm just imagining every GM in the league laughing his ass off when he got that call.

Well, besides Jacksonville.

It's funny when you can look side-by-side at Gabbert, Henne, and Stanzi, then turn back to the phone and tell the Bucs, "Nahhh, we're good."

Narag

I don't think Schiano cares.

At best you can hope they sign him for a backup and that he takes Flaccos job next year.

No one in the history of mankind would have the balls to trade Flacco the year after they won the SB. Not with his statline. That is like asking to get fired unless the next guy comes in and wins the Superbowl too.

2011/12

Ravens: We will pay you this much.
Joe: No I want this much.
Ravens: Only way we'd pay you that much is if you just won the Superbowl. Not just won it but put up Montana-like stats. Take this much.
Joe: Well maybe I will win the Superbowl.
Ravens: Suuuuuure
Joe: I will! I'm gonna win and be the MVP!
Ravens: Good luck with that.

2012/13

P5ch9Jm.gif

Meier

Sorry broheim:

Because there's no offset language in Freeman's contract, the Bucs still owe him the remainder of his contract.

Plus, he'll get whatever he receives from the next team he signs with. Double-dip time.

Absolutely unbelievable. I think it was probably someone in Freeman's camp who leaked the news btw. It made him untradeable apparently. He gets the best of both worlds.. it's not like someone won't sign him for taking ritalin and/or adderall.

The NFL needs to institute the compensation pick system the MLB uses. :(

I don't know...I think signing Joe Flacco to a 120 million dollar contract, and with that statline, is asking to get fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom