• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
google what a lean muscle mass is freeman. that body has hiked 2 mountains in bhutan, came 4th in a triathlon in Colombo beating out 13 natives, can run 90 minutes non stop box to box in central midfield and is the envy of every foreign dtf

enjoy your 10$ a month at cardio express while eating Burger King to get "bulk," when we are both 40 only one of us will be without diabetes, high blood pressure, a weak liver and a walking Ben roethlisburger.

plus my M series bucket seats have 160lb seating limits

Can't help but notice the lack of any mention of women in your list of "accomplishments". Do they not prefer boyish bodies over manly bodies, fat pockets and all?

Also , what would Freud say about you boasting of conquering a pair of mountains?

Godslay

Banned
You're correct. Weighing the stats in light of the competition, Houston had a better month defensively than J.J. Watts.

I disagree. Teams the Texans have faced 11-5. Teams the Chiefs have faced 3 - 13. Not to mention the level of line play and QB effectiveness. He's had a good month feasting on bad teams/lines/QBs. He gets that luxury the majority of the season with the Chiefs weak schedule. Put him up against good linemen, he won't be as effective as Watt. It's proven in the past.

C'mon now, stop joking around...
...No self-respecting Asian person would live in Detroit.

He said the Asian women flocked to him.

cdyhybrid

Paging squicken

710 ESPN Seattle ‏@710ESPNSeattle 20m
Congrats to @RSherman_25 for being named NFC Defensive Player of the Month!

hes-tan-toned-clueless-shirtless-moron-shades-douche-1301446864.jpg

Just do it shirtless

Le Douche? I'm not French bro

google what a lean muscle mass is freeman. that body has hiked 2 mountains in bhutan, came 4th in a triathlon in Colombo beating out 13 natives, can run 90 minutes non stop box to box in central midfield and is the envy of every foreign dtf

enjoy your 10$ a month at cardio express while eating Burger King to get "bulk," when we are both 40 only one of us will be without diabetes, high blood pressure, a weak liver and a walking Ben roethlisburger.

plus my M series bucket seats have 160lb seating limits

Man, I would absolutely destroy you on a soccer field.

Bowser

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD 4m
Greg Schiano tells suite holders the Bucs were the "laughingstock" of the NFL when he was hired.

As opposed to today, where the Bucs are...still the laughingstock of the NFL.

I disagree. Teams the Texans have faced 11-5. Teams the Chiefs have faced 3 - 13. Not to mention the level of line play and QB effectiveness. He's had a good month feasting on bad teams/lines/QBs. He gets that luxury the majority of the season with the Chiefs weak schedule. Put him up against good linemen, he won't be as effective as Watt. It's proven in the past.

I'm not saying Houston is a better player than Watt, but there are so many holes in this type of thinking I don't know where to begin.

1) They DON'T play the same position. As a defensive end, you would expect Watt to accomplish certain things defensively that Houston does not, and vice-versa.

2) Downplaying Houston's level of play is silly, as he has proved quite effective in the past. They've both been in the NFL for the exact same amount of time. Their #s are a hell of a lot closer than you think. Here's how they compare statistically:

Houston - 117 tackles, 23 sacks, 1 safety, 13 pass deflections, 1 interception, 3 forced fumbles

Watt - 134 tackles, 29.5 sacks, 23 pass deflections, 4 forced fumbles

3) The Chefs have caused four of those losses to make their opponents records so lopsided. That's not to say we don't have the weakest schedule on the books, since I've already stated as much in previous threads. You don't get to control who you play, just whether you win or lose. Houston is a huge part of our victories so far.

4) The NFL has named Houston the AFC Defensive Player of the Month. His numbers make that impossible to argue against convincingly. J.J. Watt had a decent, but unspectacular month by comparison.

Lunchbox

Banned
Man, I would absolutely destroy you on a soccer field.

lololol. listen dutchie i have 2013 cristiano ronaldo nike mercurial vapor superfly iiis

youll look like robben in the worldcup final bumbling and fumbling over to even get near me. so be like a good dutchman and be a goalie before you break yourself

cdyhybrid

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m
Team actually had contact with every team about trading him and couldn't find any takers so they finally released him

But there are Taco Bells everywhere!

lololol. listen dutchie i have 2013 cristiano ronaldo nike mercurial vapor superfly iiis

youll look like robben in the worldcup final bumbling and fumbling over to even get near me. so be like a good dutchman and be a goalie before you break yourself

Robin-Van-Persie-Bench.jpg

I don't need $300,- shoes to dominate you, bro.

I may be injury prone, but seriously, I would play circles around you. Silly American thinking he actually has soccer skills.

effzee

Corey Webster is not practicing again today.
Aaron Ross is not practicing again today.
Jayron Hosely is no practicing again today.

If none of those three are able to practice or play, the Giants will be starting Prince Amukamara, Trumaine McBride with Terrell Thomas as the Nickel with no reserve corners.

The Giants will likely need to activate Charles James from the practice squad as a reserve CB and he's primarily a kick returner.

Fun!

In better news - JPP, Herzlich, and Shaun Rogers were all practicing.

Just setting it up for the inevitable Giants win and subsequent playoff push.

I can see it now.

Meanwhile Patrick Chung seems to be the only no go at practice. Everyone else practiced but they aren't really worth much so what does it matter. Eli is going to rip this D a new one.

DMczaf

No one is going to trade assets to rent a player for 12 weeks.

God damn it my team is stupid. STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Now I get to watch Freeman turn into a HOFer on the Patriots. God damn it!

Talon

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m
Team actually had contact with every team about trading him and couldn't find any takers so they finally released him

But there are Taco Bells everywhere!
I'm just imagining every GM in the league laughing his ass off when he got that call.

Well, besides Jacksonville.

bionic77

Bill Polian calls BBR's performance against the Vikings 'Phenomenal'

I agree. I've been very critical of Ben the past two seasons but his game Saturday was exceptional. BBR in two games has thrown for at least 380 yards.

Haley's offense has been billed dink and dunk, but the Steelers lead the league in completed passes over 20 yards. If it weren't for that O-line (actually, if it weren't for Adams, who's a sieve at LT). Oh well.
Yeah Ben was awesome. So was Brown and Bell was good as well.

But we gave up 34 points to the Vikings in 3 quarters. Can't win very often when you do that.

Also, Adams was really trash. It is amazing that Ben did that well without a professional left tackle.

Lets see what they come up with during the bye. Can't wait to see who gets benched!

MechDX

Why is everyone on Twitter thinking he is going to the Raiders? I actually like what I have seen from Pryor so far. I would say Jets but after the madness in Tampa that would be a bad spot for him, needs to be more low key.

Vikings? Cardinals?

The fact that you respond by naming your shoes is telling.

I could probably take you in $40 pair of Adidas Samba classics.

Furyous

The Cards should sign Josh. This will force Carson "HE FUCKING SUCKS" Palmer to restructure. CP will force his way out of his third city and land in Minny or Jacksonville. Fitz will pick up Josh from the airport. Is there a Taco Bell in UoPh stadium?

Yeah Ben was awesome. So was Brown and Bell was good as well.

But we gave up 34 points to the Vikings in 3 quarters. Can't win very often when you do that.

Also, Adams was really trash. It is amazing that Ben did that well without a professional left tackle.

Lets see what they come up with during the bye. Can't wait to see who gets benched!

6760010.jpg

Miss me yet?

bionic77

6760010.jpg

Miss me yet?
Kind of. But I would rather the team start figuring out who the next guys on defense are going to be then holding together this washed up crew on defense.

Anyone who is not playing put them on the bench and see what the younger guys have to offer. Or at least give the younger guys more playing time on the field. Its not like we are playing for anything real this year.

Feeling pretty down about the Dolphins still after they were exposed on Monday Night. They played a lot worse than they're capable of but some of the issues just don't seem fixable in the near future. On the o-line you've got Pouncey and Incognito playing well, Martin looking okay, and Jerry and Clabo looking like complete garbage. That isn't going to fix itself. The o-line will limit this team's ceiling.

Then there's the whole Wallace issue. Wallace's biggest catch over the first four games is 34 yards and he is averaging 11.7 per catch (had 17.2 in Pitt). He looked terrible on Monday night, from dropped passes on long balls to quitting on routes over the middle. Cue smug image from Deacon. I haven't given up on Wallace but I've been disappointed for sure.

Also, the defense is clearly not as good as I expected them to be. Wheeler and Ellerbee have been minor upgrades at LB at best and continue to struggle in coverage, the safeties Clemons and Jones haven't been playing nearly as well as expected, the CB's outside of Grimes are garbage or rookies who can't get healthy, and the pass rush outside of Wake hasn't been much of a factor.

Tannehill is a bright spot minus the last game but this team just has too many holes that can't be fixed without new personnel. I'm not feeling too positive about the rest of the season at this point, but I guess that's partially on me for toying with the idea of the Dolphins being a contender already. They are clearly still a work in progress, I just hope some of the big deals like the Wallace and Ellerbee contracts don't come back to bite them.

Kind of. But I would rather the team start figuring out who the next guys on defense are going to be then holding together this washed up crew on defense.

Anyone who is not playing put them on the bench and see what the younger guys have to offer. Or at least give the younger guys more playing time on the field. Its not like we are playing for anything real this year.

You're big on this benching thing but the only person I think really needs it is Ryan Clark. The rest of the defense is playing well, or at least as well as they can since there are 3 rookies starting (Uncle Jarvis, Shark, and Vince Williams.)

Godslay

Banned
I'm not saying Houston is a better player than Watt, but there are so many holes in this type of thinking I don't know where to begin.

1) They DON'T play the same position. As a defensive end, you would expect Watt to accomplish certain things defensively that Houston does not, and vice-versa.

2) Downplaying Houston's level of play is silly, as he has proved quite effective in the past. They've both been in the NFL for the exact same amount of time. Their #s are a hell of a lot closer than you think. Here's how they compare statistically:

Houston - 117 tackles, 23 sacks, 1 safety, 13 pass deflections, 1 interception, 3 forced fumbles

Watt - 134 tackles, 29.5 sacks, 23 pass deflections, 4 forced fumbles

3) The Chefs have caused four of those losses to make their opponents records so lopsided. That's not to say we don't have the weakest schedule on the books, since I've already stated as much in previous threads. You don't get to control who you play, just whether you win or lose. Houston is a huge part of our victories so far.

4) The NFL has named Houston the AFC Defensive Player of the Month. His numbers make that impossible to argue against convincingly. J.J. Watt had a decent, but unspectacular month by comparison.

1. That's why Watt is more impressive. DE in a 3-4 is typically not the primary pass rusher. IN most cases it's the OLB, which Houston happens to be.

2. See your point 1. The stats for Watt in a 3-4 base as DE are more impressive for his position than what Houston is doing as 3-4 OLB.

3. Four losses spread out over 4 teams. Take away those four weeks and those teams are still 3-9.

4. Houston did have a good month. 3-4 DE isn't a glory position, so even with those numbers he had an excellent month.

I won't be able to argue beyond this, I have to go back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom