• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 9h
Checked with someone who knows, Arian Foster did indeed call the players-only meeting, as @McClain_on_NFL reported. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 8h
#Texans' quarterback Matt Schaub spoke to his teammates during the meeting, Manning said. http://ow.ly/pmOXb

So Arian called the meeting and Schaub spoke. Texans are pissed.

Its primetime, Schaub sucks, Kubiak is still the HC but I feel good about Sunday. Bye Kaep...

wixHA4q.gif
:lol

Bowser

Former Bucs DE Stephen White going in on Twitter:

I know some folks will look for ways to say the Bucs aren't behind these Freeman leaks. They will say it doesn't make sense. They're right

However assuming it has to make sense is where you are screwing up. The Bucs decided not to resign Mike Bennett this year mostly because

They wanted second round pick DaQuan Bowers to start. Nothing wrong with that. But after they didnt re-sign Bennett they took a steaming hot

Crap on him leaking stuff about his medical condition with his shoulder (sound familiar) and stuff about his supposed attituded. Mind you

Bennett had busted his ass for this franchise for like 4 years. Go back and look at the stuff said about every free-agent the Bucs were

linked to this offseason that they didnt end up signing (which is most of them). Look at how many times they decided to take shots at those

Guys through "anonymous" team officials. I remember in aprticular this fantasy creation of theres of some mythical "Buccaneer Man" that all

Of a sudden after they couldn't sign them none of these guys fit into. Guys like John Abraham and Dwight Freeney and Brent Grimes. So yeah

It DOESNT make much sense for them to be doing this cowardly shit but don't you for a second let that make you believe they aren't doing it.

www.twitter.com/sgw94

jakncoke

Banned
lol at Suggs saying Goodell was behind the blackout in the Super Bowl. Man that'd be the funniest shit ever if it ever got leaked that he was. Fuck Goodell

FALCONS OVER THE JETS IS MY GUARANTEED NUMBER ONE TRUE BLUE STONE COLD LEAD PIPE LOCK OF THE CENTURY OF THE WEEK.

GET MORE LEAD PIPE LOCKS AT PLAESKOOLSPLAYS27.COM FOR ONLY $49.99 A MONTH.

Spades

Uch. It was a loss. An ugly loss. But I'm reminding myself that nobody had us down to win that game, especially on the road. We have two home games now against the Ravens and the Bills, so nothing to panic about. Tannehill had a bad game. Very bad by his standards this season, but if he bounces back against the Ravens on Sunday night at home, I won't read into it. If he doesn't, however, then that's another story.

Fuck yeah. Going to the zoo! St. Louis has the bombest ass zoo. Nothing like checking out some baby elephants and hippos with a sixteen oz beer at 9am. Maybe I should volcano it

Yeah I'd think you'd want nothing to do with those winners! (I hate them too)
The drive-by complaints about Ireland really rub me the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly love the guy and I'll be the first to admit that he has made some mistakes, but at the same time I realize that the team wouldn't be where they are right now if it wasn't for him. Post-Parcells Ireland has been average at worst when it comes to personnel decisions so it gets old seeing that tired argument thrown around, especially with nothing to back it up besides an irrational love for Brandon Marshall. Last night a guy literally said that Ireland being bad was a "universal truth" despite the fact that his boss just gave him an extension.

Like I said, Ireland has been hit or miss for sure, but without him who knows where this team would be right now. It's fun to assume that they'd magically be some SB contender but it's all just wishful thinking. The fact is the team is 3-1 and looks to be headed in a positive direction, regardless of how ugly last night's loss was. It's fine to criticize Ireland, but why not give him some credit once in awhile when it's deserved as well? Rhetorical question, the answer is, "because the Dolphins aren't the Heat."

Miguel

What is this I don't even...

I probably should have come to vent earlier. SF has been on the brain lately... some plans go great (Late A's playoff game Friday)...

As for the Niners game...

61bc8deaff1711e2adbf22000aaa04d4_7.jpg

I already see the slo-mo clip playing in my head right now, with classical music playing in the background, as the Niners return a pick 6 to win the game, and at the same time I'm getting stabbed by a NIners fan, who rather than off me immediately... does it slow so I have to watch the entire play go down...

Some plans go bad... Alcatraz is closed because of this stupid government shit.

Best weekend ever! I'll either die trying to break into Alcatraz, die at the A's game, or die at the Niners game.

Spades

Like I said, Ireland has been hit or miss for sure, but without him who knows where this team would be right now. It's fun to assume that they'd magically be some SB contender but it's all just wishful thinking. The fact is the team is 3-1 and looks to be headed in a positive direction, regardless of how ugly last night's loss was.

Exactly. If we beat the Ravens and the Bills like we should, we'll be a 5-1 team and I will happily take that. My prediction before the season was 2-4 at best by the time we got to that point.

Exactly. If we beat the Ravens and the Bills like we should, we'll be a 5-1 team and I will happily take that. My prediction before the season was 2-4 at best by the time we got to that point.
I am really curious to see how the team will bounce back against the Ravens. This is the kind of moment where a young, relatively inexperienced team (and more specifically, QB) is really tested. You just got beat down by an opponent that is clearly a level above you, how will you respond?

Philbin is constantly talking about not getting too high or too low, time to see if that philosophy is more than just words.

So Arian called the meeting and Schaub spoke. Texans are pissed.

Its primetime, Schaub sucks, Kubiak is still the HC but I feel good about Sunday. Bye Kaep...

Rams also called a players only meeting before our matchup. With players like Bradford and shoob we always have a chance!

Tom Penny

Like I said, Ireland has been hit or miss for sure, but without him who knows where this team would be right now. It's fun to assume that they'd magically be some SB contender but it's all just wishful thinking. The fact is the team is 3-1 and looks to be headed in a positive direction, regardless of how ugly last night's loss was. It's fine to criticize Ireland, but why not give him some credit once in awhile when it's deserved as well? Rhetorical question, the answer is, "because the Dolphins aren't the Heat."

The NFC wins or losses aren't the big ones. It all comes down to the division games. A split in the division is not good enough. If Miami wants to start taking the next step they need to go 4-2 in division. They are definitely better this year. The loss of Keller is going to hurt in the long run because Wallace can be eliminated in games and he would have been a solid safety valve player.

I said fuck it last night during halftime and decided to play GTAV. Those damn flight school sessions can be rough, especially with the helicopter!

4 turnovers. LOL. We're still a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom