• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Stacey Dales is 6'0" as well, she would get her diner opened before Flanagan if you ask me.

wnCpIMC.jpg

Missed a good amout of the game, good win but....... HoHoyer :/
All is lost, more Weeden
mother_3___negative_man_in_3d_by_8bitsandwich-d5b1csz.gif

NFL Network's Alex Flanagan reports the Browns fear Brian Hoyer has torn ligaments in his right knee.
He'll undergo an MRI on Friday, but the Browns aren't expecting good news after Hoyer couldn't return to Thursday night's game. If there's a ray of hope, it's that Hoyer walked to the locker room under his own power, but he wouldn't be the first player to walk on a torn ACL. Brandon Weeden has been mostly ineffective in Hoyer's absence this evening.

Striker

Glazer says Beason taking a physical with the Giants in the morning and the deal will be done.
Apparently his contract can be voided after this year. It also seems like it's a 6th round pick, so I dunno. I hate losing the pick for an injured LB so, whatever. Typical move by Reese to go after a LB'er who's done by injuries or scraped off the bottom of the FA barrel.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ugh, Seattle C Max Unger not a lock for returning Sunday, and TE Zach Miller has a hamstring injury.

And again, Hoyer should have just stepped out of bounds.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
First off I'll take the win but man...I do shit on Buffalo whenever I can but not like this. I hope EJ isn't injured badly and can make it back. Like the Browns it looks like things may finally be turning around for both franchises it would suck if things get sidelined because of this.

But now with that said...

OH MY GOD!!!! This is the first time I can say this and yes I know how soon it can all go to shit but wow...

FIRST IN THE FUCKING DIVISION!!!!

ibjLhKkLwlXuPf.png

It's so fucking beautiful, first time I've seen this since I've been a fan of this team. I am going to savour this for as long as I can.

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

squicken

I'm just joking. Everyone here said same old Browns and assumed you guys would fold after Hoyer got hurt. We were all just waiting for Weeden to lose the game and the shame circle to be back. But the Browns responded and played well against an obviously limited Bills team. Whatever else, it isn't the same old Browns like it was under Mangini and Holmgren and Shurmur

Be happy. I think you guys will be playing meaningful games in December, and that is legitimate progress

Apparently his contract can be voided after this year. It also seems like it's a 6th round pick, so I dunno. I hate losing the pick for an injured LB so, whatever. Typical move by Reese to go after a LB'er who's done by injuries or scraped off the bottom of the FA barrel.
Didn't Blackburn beat Beason out for the job? Panthers fans?

The irony if so. Could have just resigned Blackburn and been done with it. 7th round pick is being floated around as the compensation.

Giants will have to clear two roster spots then. Will Hill is coming back and now Beason if the trade goes through. Chris Snee is all but guaranteed to go on IR. Either Adrian Robinson or possibly Corey Webster with the nagging hip injury is the other? Robinson said he was "close" to getting on the field today so who the fuck knows.

Be happy. I think you guys will be playing meaningful games in December, and that is legitimate progress

I think our defense is good enough to keep us in games with pretty much anybody.

But if Hoyer is done, I really do hope they give Campbell another shot at the starting position. Weeden was adequate tonight, but we all know how it will play out if they give him back the first-string job.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm crying on the inside. Seriously.

I'd rather have Campbell starting than Weeden.

You're being cray cray now. Nobody rathers Campbell for anything.

Either way I saw some improvements from Weeden this game but he's still holding on to the ball way too long and he's not feeling the pressure at all. But on a plus he'll never be gun shy when it comes to throwing the ball down the field.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Here comes all the Freeman/ browns talk now huaaah :/ it's gonna be a long week.
It won't happen, and it shouldn't happen though.

We know it won't happen so no need to worry about it.

Hell all it does is just show that they actually think we can make a lot of noise this year that we'd actually think about grabbing Freeman.

squicken

I think our defense is good enough to keep us in games with pretty much anybody.

But if Hoyer is done, I really do hope they give Campbell another shot at the starting position. Weeden was adequate tonight, but we all know how it will play out if they give him back the first-string job.

Your front 7 is good and Haden is very good. Thomas, Cameron and Gordon are guys everyone would love to have on offense. Two first round picks. Pretty bright future, though I think even with Weeden you won't have a top 15 pick. Curses aren't real. You guys finally have smart people making decisions there.

But you and BG got to give up on this Campbell thing. He's worse than Weeden who will at least let it rip downfield

Fox318

Remember how last season Barkevious Mingo was the winner of the "Draftee who would fit in worst in Green Bay thanks to his name" award? We have a leader in the club house for this season:

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ha_ha_clinton_dix_797985.html

We all know what the best name is

From the Iowa State game

SuLry93_medium.gif

Its not the head. As long as these kids don't put a shotgun in their mouth and schools can make money on them then they think its fine.

exarkun

Congrats Kave. You're my favorite pussy.

I haven't this happy for a member of nfl-age since...FMT's got rid of Mike Nolan.

Didn't he have crap lines protecting him at Oakland and Washington?

I know almost nothing about his career .

nah we actually had a pretty decent line when he was here. he was okay, benefited a lot from dmc and hue jackson. more of a game manager type best described as a poor man's alex smith, always checked down and floated balls. weeden made some throws tonight that he never could.

Bowser

Didn't Blackburn beat Beason out for the job? Panthers fans?

The irony if so. Could have just resigned Blackburn and been done with it. 7th round pick is being floated around as the compensation.

Giants will have to clear two roster spots then. Will Hill is coming back and now Beason if the trade goes through. Chris Snee is all but guaranteed to go on IR. Either Adrian Robinson or possibly Corey Webster with the nagging hip injury is the other? Robinson said he was "close" to getting on the field today so who the fuck knows.

Yes, Blackburn went from playing solely on ST in the first to games to playing almost all of the defenses snaps at OLB vs the Giants. He's obviously the starter there going forward.

Thank you Cleveland for taking out the bills... I can feel more comfortable not to worry about this Weeks game. I bet my buddy $100 on most wins this season.

Congrats Kave. You're my favorite pussy.

I haven't this happy for a member of nfl-age since...FMT's got rid of Mike Nolan.

you remembered :*) but then we got mike singletary :(

in other news, i am happy for browns-age. i hope you guys make the playoffs but then you will likely be crushed by alex smiths big ol dad dick!

and in even OTHER news, did anyone get the nirvana in utero re-release? the updated mixes are so good. i put some nice earphones in and it takes me away to another planet!

Gobias

Banned
But you and BG got to give up on this Campbell thing. He's worse than Weeden who will at least let it rip downfield

Yes, stop this nonsense Campbell talk. He has played a lot of games, and he has always been terrible. I am certainly praying for Hoyer, but i would much rather have Weeden than Campbell.

squicken

you remembered :*) but then we got mike singletary :(

in other news, i am happy for browns-age. i hope you guys make the playoffs but then you will likely be crushed by alex smiths big ol dad dick!

and in even OTHER news, did anyone get the nirvana in utero re-release? the updated mixes are so good. i put some nice earphones in and it takes me away to another planet!

I was wondering why you dropped that lyric the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom