• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Yes, Blackburn went from playing solely on ST in the first to games to playing almost all of the defenses snaps at OLB vs the Giants. He's obviously the starter there going forward.
He wasn't even a bad LB last year. He was certainly somebody replaceable, but he was the best LB by default because Boley was done. Kiwanuka was the other LB'er. I know you want to get better at MLB than Chase but they went with another injury prone LB'er in Dan Connor and the young Mark Herzlich, who showed little last year in the base defense. The situation at LB is just laughable now. Sort of can't wait until the offseason so they can just unload on so many overpaid guys and start anew with the defense.

cdyhybrid

Ugh, Seattle C Max Unger not a lock for returning Sunday, and TE Zach Miller has a hamstring injury.

And again, Hoyer should have just stepped out of bounds.

Fffffuuuuuuu

At least we don't have to play against JJ this week!

First off I'll take the win but man...I do shit on Buffalo whenever I can but not like this. I hope EJ isn't injured badly and can make it back. Like the Browns it looks like things may finally be turning around for both franchises it would suck if things get sidelined because of this.

But now with that said...

OH MY GOD!!!! This is the first time I can say this and yes I know how soon it can all go to shit but wow...

FIRST IN THE FUCKING DIVISION!!!!

ibjLhKkLwlXuPf.png

It's so fucking beautiful, first time I've seen this since I've been a fan of this team. I am going to savour this for as long as I can.

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

Believeland!

cajunator

Banned
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Grats!

paging bionic: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=690133

with a request that you up the stakes by citing a FMT postgame rant in a future case. Thanks in advance!

Exxon sucks ass. they have one person on call for nightly allocation up in Canada. ONE. For North american allocation problems. They also have shitty loading racks that break down and have constant maintenance. fuck that company in the face.

cdyhybrid

Anyone teach themselves a language?

I want to learn French.

Then I can get this disgusting peasant language off my tongue.

Trading glorious American English for the language of an impoverished European nation? I don't think that will accomplish what you're looking for.

squicken

not a huge fan of deer tick (they have some good songs here and there) but i was bummed that they didn't play any deervana shows in LA this year. not one for cover bands but they do a pretty respectable job with their nirvana covers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VX_VLr8Tbo

I was never much of a concert goer. I did like the grunge era except for the clothes. Too hot in Texas for flannel!

e: @brent If you stick with it and have $300, nothing is easier than Rosetta Stone. I have Spanish on my PC that one day I'll finish:(

Afrikan

whoa...just noticed... Romo is having a great season huh? someone explain this to me. Just ONE int?

I've been glancing at Cowboys games here and there...but it'll be nice to watch the whole game this weekend when they face the Broncos.

Is Beason really that done? :(
He's 28 but playing in pain off microfracture knee surgery just under a year ago. Ironically the situation resembles what happened to Amar'e Stoudemire, playing at a very high level before a knee surgery, will never be the same player again.

squicken

whoa...just noticed... Romo is having a great season huh? someone explain this to me. Just ONE int?

I've been glancing at Cowboys games here and there...but it'll be nice to watch the whole game this weekend when they face the Broncos.

Rams, Giants and Chargers all have bad defenses. Chiefs are good. He's throwing short passes which are less likely to be intercepted and he is completing a high percentage of those throws. Only Blaine Gabbert has a lower yards per completion, and it's close

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2013/passing.htm

Tamanon

Banned
Oh man. I have a disproportionate amount of Browns fans on my facebook and they are going crazy. It makes me feel bad, because I know what is probably coming for them. :/ But good that they can still feel hope!

cajunator

Banned
Oh man. I have a disproportionate amount of Browns fans on my facebook and they are going crazy. It makes me feel bad, because I know what is probably coming for them. :/ But good that they can still feel hope!

I honestly wish your team would get better and make some noise in that division.
Jaguars being good would make the whole league better for it.

I'm not broken up over possibly losing Beason.

He was excellent in his prime, but its clear that he's not the same guy anymore after the injuries. He's simply surplus to the team now, instead of being the rock and centerpiece of the D like he was a few years ago.

I do wish the Panthers could get more than a second/third day pick for him though.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not broken up over possibly losing Beason.

He was excellent in his prime, but its clear that the he's not the same guy anymore after the injuries. He's simply surplus to the team now, instead of being the rock and centerpiece of the D like he was a few years ago.

I do wish the Panthers could get more than a second/third day pick for him though.

Beason used to be a thorn in our sides. What ever happened to JShock? How long ago was he released?

Beason used to be a thorn in our sides. What ever happened to JShock? How long ago was he released?

He played one year with the Panthers (2011, the first year of the Rivera/Cam/Chud/McDermott regime) and wasn't resigned after that year.

He was asking for more money than a 31 year old second choice tight end is worth.

vikki

I had a dream that the Patriots had Brady filling in in Wilfork's absence. It was stranger that he was doing well playing on D-line. I just woke up and was like wtf.

cajunator

Banned
He played one year with the Panthers (2011, the first year of the Rivera/Cam/Chud/McDermott regime) and wasn't resigned after that year.

He was asking for more money than a 31 year old second choice tight end is worth.

Yeah he was a fun player but kinda fragile because of the beatings he took on and he never put up the huge numbers like TE's do routinely now.

Nice win for the Browns last night. Weeden gets a lot of crap but I still think he's a capable QB, he just needs to learn how to get rid of the ball faster.

Congrats, Browns-GAF!

Dragon

Banned
Fucking movers stole my PS3 and Vita. They don't know what kind of Sony Fanboy they're messing with. Fire of a thousand suns time!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nice win for the Browns last night. Weeden gets a lot of crap but I still think he's a capable QB, he just needs to learn how to get rid of the ball faster.

Congrats, Browns-GAF!

Pretty much, I think Norv and Chud ran a pretty good game plan for Weeden last night when he came in. He started off a bit rusty but made some big throws when it mattered but he definitely needs to start getting rid of the ball faster or at the least throwing it away when he doesn't have anything. They still don't trust him in the end zone and frankly I don't blame them. I don't feel confident for him to throw a fade to Cameron near the endzone like Hoyer has been able to. Weeden doesn't seem to have that touch yet.

Kave, made a nice chili to honor you and your team.

D-licious.

Thank you brother.

I woke up this morning and the skies were dark and it was raining hard and super muddy outside...yup you know the Browns won with weather like that after the game. :D

ToxicAdam

I don't feel confident for him to throw a fade to Cameron near the endzone like Hoyer has been able to. Weeden doesn't seem to have that touch yet.

I have bad news for you.

Nice win for the Browns last night. Weeden gets a lot of crap but I still think he's a capable QB, he just needs to learn how to get rid of the ball faster.!

My bigger issue with him is his absolute lack of mobility. In the modern day NFL you have to have someone that can tuck it and run for 3-6 yards when there is nothing there. Even just the threat of it happening opens up the field even more for your other skill position players.

Especially in critical times when a first down can mean the difference between running the clock out or getting in FG position.

My bigger issue with him is his absolute lack of mobility. In the modern day NFL you have to have someone that can tuck it and run for 3-6 yards when there is nothing there. Even just the threat of it happening opens up the field even more for your other skill position players.

Especially in critical times when a first down can mean the difference between running the clock out or getting in FG position.
I think it's more of a pocket awareness issue than a complete lack of mobility. Weeden isn't nearly as slow as guys like Brady and Peyton (who are doing just fine without much mobility, by the way), he just isn't moving very well in the pocket. Combine that with holding onto the ball too long and you've got a recipe for sacks. It's the same problem Tannehill is having, and he's a very athletic guy who's actually quite fast.

eznark

Banned
I have bad news for you.

That red zone possession at the end of the half was embarrassing and showed just how immobile he is.

effzee

Apparently his contract can be voided after this year. It also seems like it's a 6th round pick, so I dunno. I hate losing the pick for an injured LB so, whatever. Typical move by Reese to go after a LB'er who's done by injuries or scraped off the bottom of the FA barrel.

Eagles and Giants both treat the LB position as if its not important.

Well I should say the Eagles used to. Now they have to pay attention and address it since they are transitioning to a 3-4.

Romo always has a great regular season.

Happy for Browns fans. Steelers are finally reaping what they've sowed for all the raping and pillaging. Packers will be spared that fate because they are a kind wholesome people.

At least this weekend will be a good one. I see Robo Rodgers returning like he always does after a poor performance and bye. Lions secondary is banged up as always. Who knows what will happen after that with this team. I think a lot of games on the schedule that seemed tough in the offseason aren't going to so bad. Having the Steelers in the second to last game of the season will be a great late season bye which will help if we make it to the playoffs.

jakncoke

Banned
Just noticed that Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Washington have byes this week. Much needed for all of them I'd say.

Yeah a week where I know for a fact that the Steelers arent going to lose is pretty refreshing. Unless the Pirates lose today and sunday then its to the woodchipper for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom