• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

Still wondering when Casey Hayward will be ready to play. Might as well have put him in PUP at this point so they could have had more depth somewhere.

Was reading somewhere the other day, that Clay Matthews has missed 6 games. 3 against the Lions. In which the Packers won all the games. Just an interesting tid-bit

Colasante

I'm kind of done with this Gronk shit. If he wasn't such a dumbfuck over the off season he may have been playing by now. Great player when he is healthy, but he hasn't been there when the Pats needed him the most.

Edit:Any chargers fans in? How is Woodhead doing? Looking at his stats it seems like he is being very productive. I hope he does well for the Chargers.

Gronk hasn't done anything wrong in his rehabilitation process. It was a freak injury, then a freak reinjury on an innocuous play, and then an infection. He had surgery on his back and forearm in the offseason. He should take as long as he needs to get himself in the right frame of mind before he returns; it'll make sure he's as effective as can be and not just a Roddy White-esque decoy and it's also given Brady time to acquaint himself with the other targets instead of over-relying on familiar faces in the meantime. If it's week seven and he's still not ready, then I can see the criticism being warranted, but not before that.

I know this is late, but fuck it sucks to see Hoyer go down. I always thought he could be a decent NFL QB. In his only real shot he goes down for the season.

Definitely sucks for Hoyer, but with his being a Cleveland local and Lombardi's obsession with him, I feel like he's destined to become the Charlie Batch of the Browns for the next ten years. Unless he took them to the Super Bowl, there was almost no way his play would have prevented the Browns from taking a QB early next year anyway.

Still wondering when Casey Hayward will be ready to play. Might as well have put him in PUP at this point so they could have had more depth somewhere.

Was reading somewhere the other day, that Clay Matthews has missed 6 games. 3 against the Lions. In which the Packers won all the games. Just an interesting tid-bit
Casey finally practiced this week.

itshappening
nextweek
.gif

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 19m
The #Panthers have signed LB Ben Jacobs to the active roster from the practice squad.

AJ Klein and Jordan Senn have moved up the LB depth chart with Beason's departure.

Kuechly, Davis, and Blackburn are still the starters.

Giants placed CB Aaron Ross on injured reserve with a back injury, ending his season.

It's a surprising move, but Ross was dealing with at least a multi-week back injury and the Giants couldn't afford to keep him on the active roster. CB Charles James is being promoted from the practice squad, while FS Will Hill has been reinstated from his suspension. Ross, 31, will finish 2013 with four tackles and an interception over four games (two starts). He'll be a free agent again this offseason.
Godfuckingdammit all.

Fox318

Baseball is a game for men

Kdv9rB2l.jpg

baseball bores the crap out of me. hopefully detroit will be good for something and knock the A's out of the playoffs so we can get rid of the dirt.

Colasante

Patriots are going into the Bengals game with only three defensive tackles on the active roster: Tommy Kelly, Joe Vellano, and Chris Jones. Decided not to promote practice squad DTs Marcus Forston or AJ Francis. I'd have to guess this means either more 3-4 or more Chandler Jones at DT.

Fox318

New York Jets @nyjets
The Jets have also released LB Ricky Sapp and WR Ryan Spadola from the active roster.

They cut Spadola but kept Gates??

bionic77

Patriots are going into the Bengals game with only three defensive tackles on the active roster: Tommy Kelly, Joe Vellano, and Chris Jones. Decided not to promote practice squad DTs Marcus Forston or AJ Francis. I'd have to guess this means either more 3-4 or more Chandler Jones at DT.
Pats will win as long as they take advantage of the Bungles mistakes.

squicken

These trailers for Gravity look so good. I really hate effects laden films, but space is one of the few settings where it works great

e:

Cards offense struggling b/c Fitz isn't as sharp as Reggie Wayne

But it’s not just poor decisions and third downs that have derailed more drives this season than Arians can count. The Cardinals don’t yet have a complete understanding of the offense after six months of learning it.

“I haven’t seen it take this long ever,” Arians said. “We’ve looked at it long and hard as a coaching staff if we’re asking too much and everyone decided obviously not. We just have to do a better job as coaches and players.”

Backup quarterback Drew Stanton watched Arians install the same offense last season in Indianapolis as the offensive coordinator then interim head coach. There are small changes this season, mainly because of personnel and opponents. But the Colts didn't take as long to pick it up.

Arians wants to create mismatches as often as possible and that philosophy has changed how players like wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald approach the offense. Fitzgerald has been moved around the field for the first time in his career, lining up out wide, in the slot, off the line and everywhere in between.

He struggled to pick up the added positions during OTAs and minicamp, but after an entire offseason he figured out where he needed to be. Yet, Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts and Michael Floyd can still be seen changing positions at the last second before a snap or figuring out where to go coming out of a huddle.

“At times there are moments where there’s a little bit of confusion,” Fitzgerald said. “I think guys, overall, are getting better at digesting things that are going on. This week, hopefully, it’ll be a lot sharper.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/109354/cards-complex-offense-behind-struggles

Greg

:lol

I would skunk your midget ass and then to celebrate I will go outside and rip your kids size rim down.
you wouldn't even be able to return my serves

and then I would dial it back so you could return one, only to smash it in your face immediately after

and don't touch my hoop!

bionic77

Believe in us Bionic.
I can't believe in a lie. See below.

you wouldn't even be able to return my serves

and then I would dial it back so you could return one, only to smash it in your face immediately after

and don't touch my hoop!
Fuck humility. I am awesome at ping pong. The only thing more awesome than my backhand is my forehand. After 3 humiliating serves you will be more afraid than Merv Lewis on 4th and inches. There is nowhere to hide from me on a Ping Pong table!

Gotta say, I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable bionic VS. Greg multi-sport showdown. We've got ping pong and basketball, but what's the third sport?

rando14

Gregor you like tennis too! That's awesome. Tell me, do you have a baller one-handed backhand like me or do you have a peasant's two handed backhand!

Tom Penny

Or some hybrid Spikes shit on run downs...until he gets torched in coverage...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Going to 4 WR already? Hmm, Harvin can't come back until two weeks from now at the earliest.

If we weren't busy shoring up our offensive line we wouldn't have to make many of these cuts. :/

Greg

I can't believe in a lie. See below.

Fuck humility. I am awesome at ping pong. The only thing more awesome than my backhand is my forehand. After 3 humiliating serves you will be more afraid than Merv Lewis on 4th and inches. There is nowhere to hide from me on a Ping Pong table!
we'll record it and put it on youtube

you know how pimpwerx ends every message with PEACE? I'd end all of mine with a link to the video

Gotta say, I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable bionic VS. Greg multi-sport showdown. We've got ping pong and basketball, but what's the third sport?
basketball, ping pong, and tennis

bionic would whip my ass in basketball (unless we're talking dunk competition), and I'd destroy him in the other 2

Gregor you like tennis too! That's awesome. Tell me, do you have a baller one-handed backhand like me or do you have a peasant's two handed backhand!
tennis is the best

my backhand is one-handed, but even though I have great placement with it, it's not baller in terms of power

See it in 3D. Its worth doing so.
nice

I might do it some random afternoon when no one is there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom