• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

L5PMBfO.jpg

What the fuck happened to our thread?

cajunator

Banned
Im so nervous again. We always play like shit against the Bears.
Im expecting Saints first loss today. Especially since we cant run the ball.

If the Giants lose today and Thursday, I guarantee you Coughlin gets canned. Lupica and the rest of the New York media will get to Mara and he'll have to make a change.

Im so nervous again. We always play like shit against the Bears.
Im expecting Saints first loss today. Especially since we cant run the ball.

If the Giants lose today and Thursday, I guarantee you Coughlin gets canned. Lupica and the rest of the New York media will get to Mara and he'll have to make a change.

Dolphins have to win today, I can't handle another loss after that Monday night game!

The Steelers can't lose today! Woooooo!!!

canned?after taking Giants back to the SB a couple years ago?

Steelers and Giants are in the same situation.

- QBs are both in the 10th season and have each won 2 SB's
- Above average WR corps led by one very dynamic player (Brown, Cruz)
- No running game
- OL is a train wreck
- Defenses are aging and not getting it done
- Each coach's last name ends in "lin"

It will be very interesting to see how these teams try to quickly rebuild around their franchise QBs in the last half a dozen years of their careers.

Godslay

Banned
Shannon Sharpe impression on SNL is dead on

It was really good. Pharoah is almost always spot on with his impersonations.

As far as the game today, I think it will be closer than the previous games Denver has played. Assuming we get the good bipolar side of the Boys. Should be a good game hopefully.

It was really good. Pharoah is almost always spot on with his impersonations.

As far as the game today, I think it will be closer than the previous games Denver has played. Assuming we get the good bipolar side of the Boys. Should be a good game hopefully.
I hope the Broncos win by 40. I get tired of the idea that Dallas is anything more than mediocre.

canned?after taking Giants back to the SB a couple years ago?

In New York Sports, the media controls everything. It's not "win now", It's "win five minutes ago".

It's exactly the same reason I expect Girardi to walk. He likely has no problem with the Yankees organization, but when you have an entire group of people that believes you are worse than Hitler with every single loss (unless your name is Derek Jeter), then it can get to you.

effzee

No matter what he will get till the end of the season.

Besides they are beating the Eagles today.

jakncoke

Banned
Just thought of something, Bills on Thursday means I wont have one of the channels consumed by their shit. I swear no matter where I live I am subjected to some shit franchise! I guess my next town will be some region of Jacksonville

Godslay

Banned
I hope the Broncos win by 40. I get tired of the idea that Dallas is anything more than mediocre.

They have some good talent. I won't underestimate them, but I do think their coaching is mediocre at best. That's why I feel they are bipolar. They could be good/very good with a better coach and the talent imo. But they'll probably give us a run for the money today and show up motivated.

I don't know about have to. Doubt Flacco will throw another 5 interceptions and our d backfield is shoddy. Is Wake back? I am watching the game in a bar full of Ravens fans :O
I haven't heard anything other than game time decision for Wake. I expect a close game and I honestly think it's a toss-up.

Brinbe

Sup, guys. It's my bday today (turned 27) and all I want is an eagles W. Which of course means we'll prob get demolished.=(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sup, guys. It's my bday today (turned 27) and all I want is an eagles W. Which of course means we'll prob get demolished.=(

Happy bday bro!

Miracles can still happen doe!

Also why does NFL Network have a guy named Randy Moss and he's a bald white dude?

BigAT

In New York Sports, the media controls everything. It's not "win now", It's "win five minutes ago".

It's exactly the same reason I expect Girardi to walk. He likely has no problem with the Yankees organization, but when you have an entire group of people that believes you are worse than Hitler with every single loss (unless your name is Derek Jeter), then it can get to you.

Do you call sports talk radio? I don't understand where this hyperbole comes from.

There's no chance the Giants fire Coughlin in two weeks, or even any time midseason. Like anyone gives a shit what Mike Lupica thinks.

MechDX

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...ickle-nature-4871101.php?t=2a0a5832ecf9985617

"If you look at that (Seattle) game, they had more than 300 yards of total offense in the first half," safety Donte Whitner said. "If (Schaub) doesn't throw that interception at the end of the game, nobody's standing here asking these questions. We expect him to (go) out there and prepare all week for us like his life relied on it. Because if he does go out there and makes more mistakes against us, it probably will."

Donte Hitner is a smart man and sums up Schaub perfectly.

effzee

Do you call sports talk radio? I don't understand where this hyperbole comes from.

There's no chance the Giants fire Coughlin in two weeks, or even any time midseason. Like anyone gives a shit what Mike Lupica thinks.

I live in NYC and hear sports radio daily. None of these guys hate Coughlin or want hime gone. Now maybe if they continue losing at the end of their season that tune might change but for now there is no way the media is calling for his firing.

And the media doesn't call the shots, not at least for the Giants. If it was up to them Eli would have been long gone after his first 2-3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom