• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
I don't disagree, but he's an extremely expensive franchise QB who won't be playing in 5 years time. The Browns team has been built for the long haul, the model of success they need to emulate is of the Colts or Seahawks, not the Texans. Get a good, cheap QB in the draft and surround him with talent until you're forced to give him his second contract.

He's 32. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say you could get 5-7 years out of Eli. At the very least 3 barring injury. That's a lifetime really, in a shoddy (thus far) division, with a young talented team, and a world class LT. It's a good situation for everyone, but I don't think it will ever happen.

Coach

Julio Jones possibly out for the year per Glazer. Getting a second opinion.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 5m
Breaking: Falcons fear Julio Jones likely OUT for the rest of the year w a foot injury. He's getting a second opinion tomorrow to determine

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m
Initial determination by falcons is that Julio Jones season is over. They are hopeful 2nd opinion says otherwise but not optimistic

Dr.-Who.gif

Well screw it Falcons time to tank.

Trade Tony Gonzalez back to KC because he does not deserve to end his career like this.

Trade Roddy White - because we need money to resign Jones and get some more players.

To any of you that caught the end of the dolphins game....do you think it was a bad decision to spike the ball after the long pass from Tannehill on 4th and 10? Would it have been better to try to run a play?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
To any of you that caught the end of the dolphins game....do you think it was a bad decision to spike the ball after the long pass from Tannehill on 4th and 10? Would it have been better to try to run a play?

Yes it was god awful. There was more than a minute left on the clock.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 24m
Vikings offensive line coach is Jeff Davidson, Carolina's former OC, as you all know

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 25m
Without looking up, this could be a historic game. Rivera and Frazier could be first SB-winning teammates to coach against each other

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 28m
Panthers and Vikings have rushed for more yards than any other teams since 2008. Carolina has 11,825. Minnesota has 11,657

Ah Jeff "Run, Run, Run, Punt" Davidson, I had wondered where he got to. As much as many Carolina fans hated him, they could run the ball incredibly well with his zone-blocking schemes.

EDIT: The 2011 Panthers-Vikings matchup was the first time Rivera and Frazier had coached against one another, so this game isn't that historic/

Tamanon

Banned
Clowney isn't going first anyways. Jags will have the #1 pick and they need a QB. Only way he would go first is if the Giants wormed their way into it, but that's not going to happen.

What did he do?

Waited until just before kick-off saturday before informing the coaches he was too injured to play. Without even suiting up and giving it a try during warm-ups. Seems completely disinterested in playing for them this year. Probably should have just stayed home and waited for the draft if he was going to be such a whiny bitch this season.

LJ11

More like what hasn't he done...12 tackles, 2 sacks in 4-5 games, holding himself out of games because he's hurt (but not telling coaches until an hour or two before kickoff), etc.

Sacks are meaningless, dude is still applying pressure.

Mingo, never forget. Go watch him Soph vs JR year. You watched him Soph year, lock top 5 pick. Good thing the scouts watched too.

Waited until just before kick-off saturday before informing the coaches he was too injured to play. Without even suiting up and giving it a try during warm-ups. Seems completely disinterested in playing for them this year. Probably should have just stayed home and waited for the draft if he was going to be such a whiny bitch this season.

Yeah, he's been a dick, but he also saw his teammate shred his knees...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Went back to check if Stafford was drafted after Detroit went 0-16, then saw that we picked up Arron Curry several spots ahead of Houston getting Cushing.

Oh well.

Colasante

I haven't watched much of the Saints this year, but I do have Jimmy Graham on my fantasy team so I know he's been a beast. How do the Patriots try to defend him this week? Do they put Aqib Talib on him? I know the linebackers don't have a prayer against him and I think Devin McCourty would have trouble if they put him on Graham, so it will be interesting to see how Belichick's "eliminate the #1 weapon at all costs" strategy comes into play this weekend.

GusBus

Julio's out. This is a Job like season for the Falcons. Anything that could go wrong has on a biblical scale. At least we might get an early pick next year.

Zero. That's how much it will impact it. He'll destroy the combine and everyone will forget that he took a year off.
Indeed. I had an argument with an Eagles fan at work saying he would drop to mid-first round which is laughable. Ansah went #5 and he's about as raw it gets. Even moreso than JPP coming out. The only way Clowney doesn't go #1 is if a QB needy team ends up with that pick (i.e. Jags).

Bowser

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 40s
NFL approves third Wembley game for 2014. Jags, Falcons and Raiders are the home teams for next year's contests.

Three London games next year? Ugh.

A shame about Julio. I love the Falcons' implosion more than anyone, but not due to star player injuries. Maybe you'll place second in the NFC South in 2014.

I've been feeling good about the Patriots game Sunday. The Pats' defense doesn't seem like a threat; Saints have certainly played tougher ones this season. Tom Brady hasn't been the dude who makes you want to shit yourself when you play them.

There's still a lingering fear in the back of my mind that tells me the Saints defense is due to become the true (2012) Saints defense at any moment. A bunch of second and third stringers from years past brought up due to the injuries of newly acquired free agents during camp. These guys, who mostly got limited snaps during 2012, (Galette, Hicks, Hawthorne, Wilson, White, Bush) have made several big plays during the 2013, not including the starters from last year. Rob Ryan is sure looking like a miracle worker right now, I'm just not sure that's going to be the case in the weeks to come. Please prove me wrong. Just be mediocre at worst!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I still want Mark Ingram packing. He doesn't deserve another opportunity to prove he's worthy of a RB spot on this team. The weeks he's been out of action and on the disabled list have been our best yet. If he takes the field Sunday I know we will lose. Even if he doesn't touch the ball. His mere presence hurts the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom