• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

Julio Jones is out for the season.

I can say... I am happy that Atlanta Falcons is 1-4 team (and can miss playoff). I pick Saints over Falcons any day.

Now I can't wait for Seahawks to smash Atlanta Falcons at their home turf.

Jets kinda of gave Atalanta Falcons the taste of defeat that Seahawks received in playoff.

I don't see ATL winning the division without Julio.

They're not winning the division with him.

They're missing too many people at key positions and there's too big of a gulf in quality between them and the Saints for them to make up 5 games now.

What should have been a pretty competitive division has turned into a bit of a laugher. The Bucs suck, the Panthers are still the Rivera Era Panthers, and the Falcons are a shell of what they were. Unless the Saints completely shit the bed, they should win it comfortably.

MechDX

Kubiak and Rick Smith should troll the entire city of Houston and just release Keenum outright.

Then Case can sign with the Browns and lead them to the playoffs.

Ju...Julio?
JULIOOOOOOO!
Why must we hurt the ones we love :(

52g75uD.gif

RBH

Julio Jones is out for the season.

I can say... I am happy that Atlanta Falcons is 1-4 team (and can miss playoff). I pick Saints over Falcons any day.

Now I can't wait for Seahawks to smash Atlanta Falcons at their home turf.

Jets kinda of gave Atalanta Falcons the taste of defeat that Seahawks received in playoff.

Speak English, motherfucker.

Hunter S.

"As a season ticket holder the Jags are doing great. I give my tickets to my customers which are fans of the opposing team and usually I have happy customers." -- George, Jacksonville

Full of win!

The competition for the Frowney for Clowney campaign is nearly as fun to watch as who makes it into the playoffs at this point. :D

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Another year, another bunch of games Matthews doesn't play in.

Ah well, we've got an easy game against Baltimore.

RBH

Julio Jones possibly out for the year per Glazer. Getting a second opinion.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 5m
Breaking: Falcons fear Julio Jones likely OUT for the rest of the year w a foot injury. He's getting a second opinion tomorrow to determine

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m
Initial determination by falcons is that Julio Jones season is over. They are hopeful 2nd opinion says otherwise but not optimistic

*lights penis on fire*

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Anyone picking Clowney first is insane. Total implosion of a player that I thought highly of.

was listening to the BS report and Simmons proposed the Browns giving up both first rounders for Eli manning. Would be an upgrade at Qb and might be the Qb to push the browns into the playoffs.

Lonestar

I bet Atlanta Sports Radio is having an interesting day.

Some idiot just called in and said the Falcons are cursed because of them getting rid of those churches for the new stadium

:lol, God Mad, yo.

DSmalls84

Best case scenario for this year is looking like getting an awesome draft pick and trading down or getting a game changer on defense. This year started out with so much promise...just like every year for Atlanta.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Anyone picking Clowney first is insane. Total implosion of a player that I thought highly of.
Speaking of implosion, it's like the superbowl loser curse applied to all NFC playoff teams. Even Seattle was not immune, although it's doing its best to cope. Come to think of it, some AFC playoff teams are imploding too. We're all being punished for allowing Flacco vs Kaepernick to happen. :(

Lonestar

Speaking of implosion, it's like the superbowl loser curse applied to all NFC playoff teams. Even Seattle was not immune, although it's doing its best to cope. Come to think of it, some AFC playoff teams are imploding too. We're all being punished for allowing Flacco vs Kaepernick to happen. :(

also speaking of implosion, :lol Flacco

Colasante

was listening to the BS report and Simmons proposed the Browns giving up both first rounders for Eli manning. Would be an upgrade at Qb and might be the Qb to push the browns into the playoffs.

I could see Mike Holmgren panicking after the Hoyer injury and making a desperation move like that, but Mike Lombardi is too smart for that. He punted away the 2013 draft and Trent Richardson in preparation for the 2014 draft. If the Browns can't get Bridgewater, they'll definitely find a way to end up with Mariota or Hundley so they can finally feel like they have a franchise QB.

bionic77

I could see Mike Holmgren panicking after the Hoyer injury and making a desperation move like that, but Mike Lombardi is too smart for that. He punted away the 2013 draft and Trent Richardson in preparation for the 2014 draft. If the Browns can't get Bridgewater, they'll definitely find a way to end up with Mariota or Hundley so they can finally feel like they have a franchise QB.
Eli is a franchise qb and is worth 2 first rounders. Surround a good qb with talent and football becomes easy.

Colasante

Eli is a franchise qb and is worth 2 first rounders. Surround a good qb with talent and football becomes easy.

I don't disagree, but he's an extremely expensive franchise QB who won't be playing in 5 years time. The Browns team has been built for the long haul, the model of success they need to emulate is of the Colts or Seahawks, not the Texans. Get a good, cheap QB in the draft and surround him with talent until you're forced to give him his second contract.

Godslay

Banned
But seriously, not even joking, doesn't Thomas Dimitroff trading Tony Gonzalez to the Patriots make an insane amount of sense now or what?

Weird. Don't know why this was quoted...

Yep. Cursing the Browns, Jags, Tebow, making fun of Russell Wilson's charity work, not making fun of Jimmy Clausen, denying Greg's dunking ability, and not loving Alex Flanagan or Gruden amongst other things, will always come back to haunt a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom